Vowney / Verne V5

Guest bryfly

Guest blaster99999

tillaz is there any chance at looking at these few bugs , double text bug , Bluetooth disconnect , would be nice to add root option on power menu, don't know any more but im sure others will add other bugs.

Guest Sere83

which rom are you using , un moded Chinese or did you pay and get yours prerooted and play store installed.

Mine did come rooted with play store but i installed Clockwork Mod Recovery and am now using the deodexed rom with gapps that Tillaz originally posted which I believe is exactly the same as the latest Chinese rom build from june 15th apart from the Deodexing and Gapps included and a fix to get location via data working.

I also flashed the audiofix.zip and altered the in call sound volume using another fix I posted earlier and mobile uncle tools from the playstore. I think those fixes made a small difference although i still wish in call sound was louder. This rom also solved the echo/distortion effect I had, but I think the chinese rom mentioned fixing that in the notes, I am thinking of trying Tillaz pre rooted stripped back rom now although I don't have very high hopes for GPS.

Even on the original factory rom it shipped with GPS has never consistently worked and without Tillaz Rom location via data didn't work either. My only other real pressing issue is that I sometimes lose 3G connectivity, but I believe that is network related, im hoping that the stripped rom might help as Tillaz included some APN teaks I believe.

Which rom are you using?

Edited by Sere83

Guest blaster99999

Mine did come rooted with play store but i installed Clockwork Mod Recovery and am now using the deodexed rom with gapps that Tillaz originally posted which I believe is exactly the same as the latest Chinese rom build from june 15th apart from the Deodexing and Gapps included and a fix to get location via data working.

I also flashed the audiofix.zip and altered the in call sound volume using another fix I posted earlier and mobile uncle tools from the playstore. I think those fixes made a small difference although i still wish in call sound was louder. This rom also solved the echo/distortion effect I had, but I think the chinese rom mentioned fixing that in the notes, I am thinking of trying Tillaz pre rooted stripped back rom now although I don't have very high hopes for GPS.

Even on the original factory rom it shipped with GPS has never consistently worked and without Tillaz Rom location via data didn't work either. My only other real pressing issue is that I sometimes lose 3G connectivity, but I believe that is network related, im hoping that the stripped rom might help as Tillaz included some APN teaks I believe.

Which rom are you using?

im using the rom that come with the phone , but was rooted and had English play store installed , ive added tillaz cwm and also is battery mod and mic fix, I used the gps fix and followed that guy which included installing the local config gps location , ive used only a few times on google maps and it found me , but ive used on co pilot about 6 times and it got a lock inbetween 30 to 120 seconds inside car, Ive got faster gps installed and gps test which I installed with part of the mk gps fix guide , when I open fastergps fix app it lists continent as Europe and region united kingdom and current server uk.pool.ntp.org , this app was the one that installed a local gps config , do you have this installed and have you had a look what its set too.

Guest Rico_89

... i think Rico_89 did an OTG video that lasts a few minutes

Tillaz is probably aware of it, as I posted it on the other thread in the G300 forum. Nothing special just an OTG test.

Guest Sere83

im using the rom that come with the phone , but was rooted and had English play store installed , ive added tillaz cwm and also is battery mod and mic fix, I used the gps fix and followed that guy which included installing the local config gps location , ive used only a few times on google maps and it found me , but ive used on co pilot about 6 times and it got a lock inbetween 30 to 120 seconds inside car, Ive got faster gps installed and gps test which I installed with part of the mk gps fix guide , when I open fastergps fix app it lists continent as Europe and region united kingdom and current server uk.pool.ntp.org , this app was the one that installed a local gps config , do you have this installed and have you had a look what its set too.

Yeah Initially when i had the factory rooted ROM it came with I tried faster gps set to Uk and then to asia and some other store gps apps with the original MTK fix guide. These would work for a bit, i could get a fix, but then it simply stops locking after a while.

Then I tried tillaz rom that im currently on and location via data which had never worked before started working and has worked ever since although no change for the GPS. I then tried the GPS fix I posted a couple of pages back and again that worked for a bit, but then today stopped working again. Completely baffling

Edited by Sere83

Guest blaster99999

im on Vodafone network and I too have noticed where other phones will pickup 3g or h , the vowney picks up g or e, if I manually change it , then the vowney does pickup 3g or h , but isn't consistant

Guest Sere83

im on Vodafone network and I too have noticed where other phones will pickup 3g or h , the vowney picks up g or e, if I manually change it , then the vowney does pickup 3g or h , but isn't consistant

Yep I have this exact issue too on EE.

Edited by Sere83

Guest shuete

mine always picksup 3G or H+ more H+ than 3G, but i'm not in the UK, so maybe it's a network issue

Guest Sere83

try changing network mode to WCDMA only, this will stop it changing

Tried WCDMA only and was worse, even though it said H+ or 3G apps were just hanging and not loading content

Edited by Sere83

Guest nsmacd1

Anyone true using a 64GB card in the V5 yet?

I have seen a SanDisk Micro SDXC for £33.00 and may be tempted to get it if it works

Guest Sere83

Hi guys... one question, the GPS work fine?

No mine doesn' t work, others have had a bit more success. I tried loads of stuff, always works for a bit but then stops locking

Edited by Sere83

Guest tillaz

Tried WCDMA only and was worse, even though it said H+ or 3G apps were just hanging and not loading content

do you pay £5 for t-mobiles unlimited internet by any chance?

if you do there is a fair use policy which once reached caps your speeds to 5kb/s inbetween 4pm and 12 midnight.

Guest tillaz

here are some fixes people can try, flash in recovery, No wipes.

Sound settings force close:

if your using the latest repack and have the sound settings force closing give this a try,

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/868fdb3499/

To revert the above change.

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/d8c4ecf410/

Increase the sample rate on microphone:

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/63c2708d9c/

Guest bryfly

here are some fixes people can try, flash in recovery, No wipes.

Sound settings force close:

if your using the latest repack and have the sound settings force closing give this a try,

http://www.solidfile...m/d/868fdb3499/

t

To revert the above change.

http://www.solidfile...m/d/d8c4ecf410/

Increase the sample rate on microphone:

http://www.solidfile...m/d/63c2708d9c/

tried the "sound settings force close" and my settings have disappeared from my phone, tried a reboot did not re appear

did revert and settings re appeared..

Should add tried it on this rom

View Post tillaz, on 20 June 2013 - 08:45 AM, said:

New

this is a repack of the latest update (15th June 2013) deodexed so its easer to mod, Google apps now included.

Edited by bryfly

Guest Sere83

do you pay £5 for t-mobiles unlimited internet by any chance?

if you do there is a fair use policy which once reached caps your speeds to 5kb/s inbetween 4pm and 12 midnight.

No I have a sim only contract £20 per month 1Gb limit but i never get close to it. The thing is Blaster9999 has the exact same issue with his 3G on vodafone that I have on T-Mobile/EE, so it cant be network related. As I'm sitting here in my room the phones showing 'G' when i know 3G/H is available.

I think I will try your stripped back rom Tillaz....see if it makes any difference.

Guest blaster99999

No I have a sim only contract £20 per month 1Gb limit but i never get close to it. The thing is Blaster9999 has the exact same issue with his 3G on vodafone that I have on T-Mobile/EE, so it cant be network related. As I'm sitting here in my room the phones showing 'G' when i know 3G/H is available.

I think I will try your stripped back rom Tillaz....see if it makes any difference.

yes I know mine sticks on g , if I manually switch to wcdma it will change to 3g or h or h+ and net is lot faster , but can't leave it set on wcdma all time as when 3g is not available I get no signal, and I'm on vodafone , using ovivo sim , I've got a spare orange sim might try that one out for my net usage

Guest moorish

Mine haven't yet :P

I bought them a few days ago

Thanks. Mine haven't either, purchased them over the weekend.

At least Merimobile have shipped V5 on Sunday.