Vowney / Verne V5

Guest bryfly

Guest bryfly

not sure this would be the cause as it failed to flash anything, have you tried flashing a ROM with a full wipe ?

guess you mean in cwm?

just trying from cwm

still got same MAC unavailable and IPv4 unavailable

Edited by bryfly

Guest pelelademadera

hi, I recived my voyney on saturday, but I cannot see 3g over 850/1900mhz, the box say that its 4 band in wcdma mode with micro sim that Im using...

something to do? thanks

Guest bryfly

what happens when you turn on WiFi ? or Bluetooth ?

in settings, pull off to on, stays there for a couple of seconds and goes back to off. Auto, in WLAN advanced is where it shows me. MAC address unavailable, maybe if could get Mac address back and installed, Bluetooth would start to work again.

Risk I took messing around so if cannot get back to normal, tough, should have written the Mac address down, remember that from my SF2 / g300 days.

Thought MAC address would be in system somewhere, so used root explorer but cannot find it......

Edited by bryfly

Guest bryfly

reflash the stock ROM and recovery using the Flash tool and then reinstall CWM and your ROM?(If all else fails)

Maybe you copied the wrong files or they got corrupted or something .

cheers for the advice, could try that but at the moment can reinstall back to normal via CWM less WIFI, if I try that will loose that ability, I think

Guest bryfly

Think I have identified my MAC address and my ip address from my router

android-725fadfb88db4bdc 00:0c:e7:66:0a:db 192.168.1.107

not sure where to try putting it or even if I should?

Edited by bryfly

Guest tillaz

actually I've just noticed that when flashing the full factory ROM with the flash tool you are supposed to press "Firmware-> Upgrade"

i would try and do the TWRP Guide again with the full ROM added then select Firmware-> Upgrade

this will fully restore the phone and should actually work.

post-913969-0-07604700-1372747946_thumb.

Guest Rico_89

Listen to Tillaz above :)

.. Can you install Tillaz's custom rom? If not is it possible that CWM got corrupted?

Edited by Rico_89

Guest bryfly

actually I've just noticed that when flashing the full factory ROM with the flash tool you are supposed to press "Firmware-> Upgrade"

i would try and do the TWRP Guide again with the full ROM added then select Firmware-> Upgrade

this will fully restore the phone and should actually work.

post-913969-0-07604700-1372747946_thumb.

trying at the moment, still get red line and stop........in device manager get Currently, "this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer". will keep trying cheers

Guest bryfly

trying at the moment, still get red line and stop........in device manager get Currently, "this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer". will keep trying cheers

also get this when I load scatter file

screen print2.doc

Guest bryfly

also get this when I load scatter file

cracked it, different puter different usb port , ignore the warning as per screen dump and now got working , some Chinese apps, need to check whether I have twrp .

vol up and power on = no cwm or twrp

re-installed CWM from tillaz via mobile uncle, not sure if recovery partition is 7mb or how to check it

flashed tilaz volume settings.

right back to where I was several hours ago working phone, although I want touch recovery think I will wait till somebody develops it for the v5.... ;) :(

thanks for getting me back to a working phone tillaz......

Edited by bryfly

Guest tillaz

cracked it, different puter different usb port , ignore the warning as per screen dump and now got working , some Chinese apps, need to check whether I have twrp .

vol up and power on = no cwm or twrp

re-installed CWM from tillaz via mobile uncle, not sure if recovery partition is 7mb or how to check it

flashed tilaz volume settings.

right back to where I was several hours ago working phone, although I want touch recovery think I will wait till somebody develops it for the v5.... wink.pngsad.png

thanks for getting me back to a working phone tillaz......

the TWRP should work,

are you sure you did not flash the stock recovery ? and did you use the modified scatter file to increase the recovery partition ?

if you did, just trying to flash the TWRP .img i provided by its self like the cwm guide, should work,

if not you must of flashed the whole stock rom including the recovery with stock scatter file = stock recovery and 6mb partition

basically running the original TWRP Guide but unticking everything other than recovery box should work, if the partition size "has" changed

if you do try it again make sure you are selecting the scatter file from inside the TWRP folder, (pressing the download button for this)

Guest bryfly

or extract this and add everything from the bin folder into the TWRP package (same place you see recovery.img)

then try.

http://www.solidfile...m/d/5e86496106/

the TWRP should work,

are you sure you did not flash the stock recovery ? and did you use the modified scatter file to increase the recovery partition ?

if you did, just trying to flash the TWRP .img i provided by its self like the cwm guide, should work,

if not you must of flashed the whole stock rom including the recovery with stock scatter file = stock recovery and 6mb partition

basically running the original TWRP Guide but unticking everything other than recovery box should work, if the partition size "has" changed

if you do try it again make sure you are selecting the scatter file from inside the TWRP folder, (pressing the download button for this)

To be quite honest not sure, followed adding everything from the bin folder and pasting into the TWRP package post 1 above , then carried out flashing from the TWRP package as normal, then flashed the scatter file shown in the screen print below, the main thing is I have a working phone .....cheers

screen pringt 3.doc

Unless I'm mistaken it seems you can get the V5 from http://www.antelife.com for £104.66 with free shipping to the UK via Swiss Post or Singapore Post. They take paypal but I don't know if there is a charge for it.

Anyone know how reliable they are?

Edited by Guest

Guest tillaz

To be quite honest not sure, followed adding everything from the bin folder and pasting into the TWRP package post 1 above , then carried out flashing from the TWRP package as normal, then flashed the scatter file shown in the screen print below, the main thing is I have a working phone .....cheers

screen pringt 3.doc

yep, that's why you did not have TWRP, i added the stock scatter file to the bin directory for you to flash the full factory rom.

so when you added the bin directory to the package it overwrote the modified scatter file that changes the partition to 7mb.

which would result in the partition been wiped but no TWRP flashed.

so if you have the problems with the flash tool sorted by using the correct usb port,

all you need to do to get TWRP is add the correct scatter file and TWRP .img to the package.

basically you would just add these two files to the package you flashed the factory rom with (replacing the originals)

TWRP http://www.solidfile...m/d/23b64d68cb/

7MB Scatter File MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.rar (extract first)

then flash,

Guest bryfly

Unless I'm mistaken it seems you can get the V5 from http://www.antelife.com for £104.66 with free shipping to the UK via Swiss Post or Singapore Post. They take paypal but I don't know if there is a charge for it.

Anyone know how reliable they are?

Think their exchange rate is a bit off, as pandawill has it for $169.99 when they convert to £ it comes out at approx £114, which is about right at $1.488 to the £. they always charge you in $ so with PayPal conversion it would be approx. £114 I think.......

Guest bryfly

GPS problems

For interest purposes these two posts taken from Vowney forum and translated to English, seems like they have the same GPS problem in China, strange that the second post seems to say on Baidu maps positioning works ok....

Post 1) I also ah, AGPS, EPO, and all are open, and tried to high German navigation Kay Rucker navigation, Google maps, etc., have been positioning good case, positioning point often drift, can not be accurately positioned using GPS Test test, the phone compass can not be used (V5 should be no gyro), turn the phone will interrupt positioning.

Post 2) I can feel it, positioning quite fast, Google Maps can not locate, Baidu positioning can, open space just started a mobile base station location, that is certainly not allowed, only a few hundred meters accuracy, after a while become pure GPS positioning accuracy within 10 meters becomes a. Indeed often drift, Kay Rucker maps also would be almost like it, I feel fairly normal phenomenon. . . . My GPS TEST has a compass, but are not allowed to.

Guest blaster99999

The GPS problem must be a software problem as I've not had any problems getting a GPS lock using co pilot , so is it just Google maps that as the problem

Guest nsmacd1

The GPS problem must be a software problem as I've not had any problems getting a GPS lock using co pilot , so is it just Google maps that as the problem

I have no GPS using CoPilot or Google Maps (or any GPS testing software.

The only way I can even see a satellite, let alone get a lock, is to enable the GPS in mobile Uncle MTK engineer tools

Guest aliaird

I can get a GPS fix after a while on Google maps. I get a fix quicker on Copilot, but both wander, especially at low speed, so navigating towns slowly is a challenge, as it keeps thinking I'm on a nearby street and trying to re-route me. A right pain to be honest.

More annoying in the short term seems to be a newish problem whereby I'm not getting notifications from Whatsapp or MeggageMe. Any thoughts?

I think I need a new ROM. Was hanging on for Tillaz' repacked ROM from a couple of days ago but might try one of the ones on NeedRom. I'm on stock at the moment.