Vowney / Verne V5

Guest bryfly

Guest blaster99999

How do you do a screen shot , mine as a different baseband and custom build version , I bought mine from merimobiles prerooted , have you added cwm and do you have a backup

Guest blaster99999

Wish I knew, pisses me off no end! Thing I don't get is how can me and you have this issue and no one else? Is it a hardware or a software fault?

can you post up your phone about screen , let's see what everyone's differences are

Guest blaster99999

How can you update baseband ect , tillaz is the baseband upgradable, and what is custom build version refer to is it the ROM version

post-994260-0-49778900-1373051814_thumb.

Edited by blaster99999

Guest tillaz

How can you update baseband ect , tillaz is the baseband upgradable, and what is custom build version refer to is it the ROM version

you need to flash the full factory rom with the flash tool for the baseband,

and the custom build is a thing took from CM as far as i know, normally just shows the cm build

Guest tillaz

it looks like vowney have updated the link for the latest official update but not changed the date or details...

http://bbs.v5zn.com/...-19309-1-1.html

as the link to the rom is bigger than when i last downloaded it to make the repack... its now 271.62mb

was only 257mb the one i downloaded :huh: re-downloading now, will take a look

Guest blaster99999

Tillaz if I was to download the latest vowney rom , how would I install and would it upgrade my base and , I noticed in mobile uncle there is a option to do recovery update from SD card could I just drop the downloaded file on SD root and use that option in mobile uncle

Guest tillaz

Tillaz if I was to download the latest vowney rom , how would I install and would it upgrade my base and , I noticed in mobile uncle there is a option to do recovery update from SD card could I just drop the downloaded file on SD root and use that option in mobile uncle

that option is for flashing a recovery.img

to flash the whole rom and update the baseband you need to use mediateks flash tool,

its the same as flashing cwm but you add the whole of the "bin" folder from the factory rom in to the root of the flash tool

then rather than pressing download you press "firmware update"

Guest Rico_89

it looks like vowney have updated the link for the latest official update but not changed the date or details...

as the link to the rom is bigger than when i last downloaded it to make the repack... its now 271.62mb

LOL why would they do a stealth update?? Is the Baseband the same as the custom rom you created?

Edited by Rico_89

Guest tillaz

LOL why would they do a stealth update?? Is the Baseband the same as the custom rom you created?

i'm not even sure if it is different... those Chinese sites confuse me :blink:

baseband is not included in rom .zips, it needs flashed manually

Guest Rico_89

i'm not even sure if it is different... those Chinese sites confuse me :blink:

baseband is not included in rom .zips, it needs flashed manually

Sorry .. I meant is the baseband compatible with your custom rom, but as you say nothing may have changed.

Guest bryfly

after checking is it the same ROM you repacked ?

Guest blaster99999

is it possible that the baseband is what causing some off use having network data sticking on g

Guest pelelademadera

how can I download de oficial roms from the page? can someone post the links? I dont undertand anything of chinese....

Guest tillaz

after checking is it the same ROM you repacked ?

its the same,

but unless it was flashed with the flash tool people wont have the updated baseband

and its more than likely any network problems are related to the baseband as this is what its for

Guest bryfly

its the same,

but unless it was flashed with the flash tool people wont have the updated baseband

and its more than likely any network problems are related to the baseband as this is what its for

im currently running your repack Vowney-V5-Flashable-Stock-Repack-Gapps.zip and my baseband is.... MOLY:WR8.W1248.MD.WG.MP.V6.P5,2013/05/15 14:54

is this the latest one?

if not do I need to update?

and if so how?

install via CWM is one thing, any other way is new to me.

Guest tillaz

im currently running your repack Vowney-V5-Flashable-Stock-Repack-Gapps.zip and my baseband is.... MOLY:WR8.W1248.MD.WG.MP.V6.P5,2013/05/15 14:54

is this the latest one?

if not do I need to update?

and if so how?

install via CWM is one thing, any other way is new to me.

you don't need to update, but if your having network problems its probably worth it.

best way is to flash the full factory rom so it updates the rest of the lower level stuff which is not included in a flashable .zip

to do this you use mediateks flash tool which is also used to flash cwm.

Guest blaster99999

you don't need to update, but if your having network problems its probably worth it.

best way is to flash the full factory rom so it updates the rest of the lower level stuff which is not included in a flashable .zip

to do this you use mediateks flash tool which is also used to flash cwm.

is the ROM I use the one in the link above and is it straight forward to do a full update

Guest sandriderman

My phone came with an app called "mobile assistant". This is now giving me a notification that a system upgrade is available:

Current ver: ALPS.JB2.MP.V1.2 (this is the "build number in "about phone")

Upgrade ver: ALSP.JB2.MP.V1.3_to_ALSP.JB2.MP.V1.2

Is this going to update the "rom"? I have not flashed any roms since the phone arrived but I have installed CWM.

When I check in the normal android settings app it says no updates are available.

I can not find the app (mobile assistant) on the play store.

I'm just not sure if I should run it - I have a backup made in CWM which I assume I can restore if anything breaks?

Is mobile assistant on your phones (I can make a titanium backup and share it if not).

(the help page in mobile assistant states "Phone Assistant is part of FOTA (Firmware Over the Air) which could update or upgrade the phone's OS........")

Download the update which is 256.99MB. Not clicked update yet

Edited by sandriderman

Guest bryfly

My phone came with an app called "mobile assistant". This is now giving me a notification that a system upgrade is available:

Current ver: ALPS.JB2.MP.V1.2 (this is the "build number in "about phone")

Is mobile assistant on your phones (I can make a titanium backup and share it if not).

(the help page in mobile assistant states "Phone Assistant is part of FOTA (Firmware Over the Air) which could update or upgrade the phone's OS........")

Download the update which is 256.99MB. Not clicked update yet..

tillaz....... as "mobile assistant" appears to be an app in the original rom that might allow ota updates, is there any chance you can create a zip file or .apk that we can put it back into your ROM with???

Guest tillaz

tillaz....... as "mobile assistant" appears to be an app in the original rom that might allow ota updates, is there any chance you can create a zip file or .apk that we can put it back into your ROM with???

its never been removed from the rom to start with so there is no need, i would think what you are referring to is " SystemUpdateAssistant.apk"

there are no core apps removed only 3rd party stuff, if your using the rom i posted and have no OTA that would probably be because it is the latest version.

uploading the removed apps now for anyone who wants to look.

removed apps

http://www.solidfile...m/d/cca5d30b79/

apps that are in the data.img

http://www.solidfile...m/d/6f646bd5e6/

Guest bryfly

its never been removed from the rom to start with so there is no need,

tillaz.........cheers for the clarification, did not remember seeing it there originally but thought I would check.

sandriderman....... any chance you could share the app for those of us who do not have it , strange we do not though..

Guest sandriderman

tillaz.........cheers for the clarification, did not remember seeing it there originally but thought I would check.

sandriderman....... any chance you could share the app for those of us who do not have it , strange we do not though..

Link to Mobile Assistant

Guest aliaird

Tried mobile assistant. Loaded OK but said "network error, please try later"

I'm on the stock vowney (rooted) rom that the phone came with. I wonder why mine didn't have Mobile Assistant originally??

Guest tillaz

Tried mobile assistant. Loaded OK but said "network error, please try later"

I'm on the stock vowney (rooted) rom that the phone came with. I wonder why mine didn't have Mobile Assistant originally??

i dont think its actually included by vowney, they have the official firmware on there website and its not present in those,