[ICS][4.0.3] MIUI V4 2.7.6 [R2 | updated Jul-2013]

Guest Paulzie

Guest Paulzie

R2 version released with fixes below. Download files now being hosted on solidfiles.com rather than mediafire.com. Did a bit of a touch up of the introductory post with some new screenshots.

FIX: build.prop modded to be Ascend G300/B952(spoofed) to eliminate Google Play issue. REF Mirayi.

FIX: Preloaded gapps-ics to correct library issue. REF Mirayi.

FIX: Now has two Gallery icons - HWGallery (for MEWidget compatibility) and GoogleGallery (for fixes: REF Mirayi, Pyntux).

NEW: Include uninstallable apps: Android Weather, Google Maps, MiUI Music+Gamecenter, ES root explorer. NOTE: one version older Maps included as current moved Latitude to Google+.

NEW: Replaced MIUIHome Launcher from 2.7.13 with 4x5 icon cell layout option.

NEW: Added AdAway /etc/hosts file to eliminate online ads

NEW: zipalign system and user APKs to reduce RAM consumption

No wipes required? Just flashed R1 about an hour ago.. damn!

BTW, could you add 'patch', or something for default MIUI Browser and camera?

Awesome ROM anyway! ^^

Edit: It is some kind of bug, that some of my songs, which have "nordic" letters, eg ÄÖÅ, on it´s name, they are replaced with chinese letters?

Edit2: I´m using MIUI Music player.

Edited by Guest

Guest Pyntux

Maybe this Miui have better ram management, but cm9 Miui by N88 is faster... I would like to see this rom as fast as N88 Miui... :( :) N88 rom is fast because of CM9, so why you do not port miui on cm9? I think it would be best Miui for g300, 2.7.6 on cm9, that would be very good...

Edited by Pyntux

Guest Tentmaster

where is the download link for R2 i dont see,the miui rom is the best

Its in the Opening Post. But that new link to Solidfiles is painfully slow :angry: .

Edited by Tentmaster

Guest Paulzie

No wipes required? Just flashed R1 about an hour ago.. damn!

BTW, could you add 'patch', or something for default MIUI Browser and camera?

Awesome ROM anyway! ^^

Edit: It is some kind of bug, that some of my songs, which have "nordic" letters, eg ÄÖÅ, on it´s name, they are replaced with chinese letters?

Edit2: I´m using MIUI Music player.

The camera and browser are the type as were supplied with 2.7.6. Well.. the browser was changed for one without the bottom line but the original browser is included as an optional extra.

Please try the one version newer MIUI-Music-2.7.13.apk. The changelog says "Fix "folder" filter settings display the wrong information".

where is the download link for R2 i dont see,the miui rom is the best

Download links fixed

Sorry.. WYSIWYG editor mucked up the URLS. It's fixed now.

Maybe this Miui have better ram management, but cm9 Miui by N88 is faster... I would like to see this rom as fast as N88 Miui... :( :) N88 rom is fast because of CM9, so why you do not port miui on cm9? I think it would be best Miui for g300, 2.7.6 on cm9, that would be very good...

I personally am avoiding CM because Huawei apps (camera, FM radio, EmotionUI) can't run on it. I find the performance of this ROM, when overclocked, to be more than acceptable. It's the versions after 2.7.6 that are just too slow.

EDIT: Corrected MIUI-Music-2.7.13.apk link.

Edited by Paulzie

That URL directs to R2 Download. :C

Please try the one version newer MIUI-Music-2.7.13.apk. The changelog says "Fix "folder" filter settings display the wrong information".

URL directs to R2 download. Or what, doest R2 have have that version?

E: Haha, nothing anymore, found it. :P Will try it now.

E2: It didn´t fix anything.

Edited by Guest

Guest Pyntux

I personally am avoiding CM because Huawei apps (camera, FM radio, EmotionUI) can't run on it. I find the performance of this ROM, when overclocked, to be more than acceptable. It's the versions after 2.7.6 that are just too slow.

OK, thanks...I forgot about huawei apps! ;)

Guest Paulzie

U need to make it clearer that this is Geno rom. You put credits under a spoiler so people will miss it.

Thanks for the tip.

Though can't see how they'd miss it since it's the 7th of 8 boldfaced titled sections presented titled as Source of base ROM. I'm assuming those reading have the ability to see and read text and click the spoiler button. Spoilers are used throughout so titles are indexed and users drill down into the section of interest.

Edited by Paulzie

Guest celrau

The only serious issue I have with this rom is that it looses signal. I'm in an area where the signal is generally low but with Miui-GB and others in the worst cases I have 1-2 bars whereas with this rom it often shows no signal at all. Am I the only one? Are there any solutions?

Guest Paulzie

The only serious issue I have with this rom is that it looses signal. I'm in an area where the signal is generally low but with Miui-GB and others in the worst cases I have 1-2 bars whereas with this rom it often shows no signal at all. Am I the only one? Are there any solutions?

I have no signal issue problems. The ROM doesn't overwrite the modem partitions (/dev/10 and /dev/11) so no change there. What would have changed is the RIL (Radio interface layer).

I've uploaded RIL-B960, RIL-B952 and RIL-B926 (for restore) to the repository. Just copy them to your phone, boot into recovery and flash the RIL-B952 or RIL-B960. I've flashed RIL-B952 and right now am hotspotting via it, so it works.

Pls test and advise if this fix gets you a better signal.

Another thing to check would be the Huawei Power Manager. If you've set it endurance then theoretically it may invoke a lower power state for the radio and cause connectivity issues. Not sure, but worth a look.

EDIT: Fixed repository link.

Edited by Paulzie

Guest celrau

The link you posted (repository) on Solidfiles is no good, you may want to double check it. I didn't change power management.

Guest celrau

I have no signal issue problems. The ROM doesn't overwrite the modem partitions (/dev/10 and /dev/11) so no change there. What would have changed is the RIL (Radio interface layer).

I've uploaded RIL-B960, RIL-B952 and RIL-B926 (for restore) to the repository. Just copy them to your phone, boot into recovery and flash the RIL-B952 or RIL-B960. I've flashed RIL-B952 and right now am hotspotting via it, so it works.

Pls test and advise if this fix gets you a better signal.

Thanks for the trouble of making those zips. Tried them all and didn't notice any difference in displaying signal. Besides I just got a call today while I had no bars showing and I had decent signal (?!) so it might be just a display issue.

On another note, I couldn't find the battery icons (in MiuiSystemUI.apk - Miui 2.7.6) to change them to circle and % which I like better then the stock, any idea where they might be? On a more recent version of the app they are in /res/raw.

Guest Paulzie

Thanks for the trouble of making those zips. Tried them all and didn't notice any difference in displaying signal. Besides I just got a call today while I had no bars showing and I had decent signal (?!) so it might be just a display issue.

On another note, I couldn't find the battery icons (in MiuiSystemUI.apk - Miui 2.7.6) to change them to circle and % which I like better then the stock, any idea where they might be? On a more recent version of the app they are in /res/raw.

The battery icons are definitely in system\app\MiuiSystemUI.apk\res\raw . If you come up with a new set of battery icons then maybe I can share them in the repository? I'd like a charging % icon too.

One way to get actual signal strength is to check the dBM value for it. Do that by dialling *#*#INFO#*#* then click phone information.

Edited by Paulzie

Guest Paulzie

Paulzie, finally got the circle+% battery (white), available here. It has charging also but no %.

Good work!! I've replaced my stock MiuiSystemUI.apk with your one and am enjoying the CircleMOD style battery icon. I've linked your post above with some installation instructions on the initial post as an optional download. You are welcome to elaborate with more details if you like or even produce a flashable ZIP.

Guest celrau

Uploaded flashable zip battery CircleMod zip here for whoever is interested.

One other thing, I was trying to get rid of the clock next to the battery (Miui-GB has that feature in preferences) and I know I must edit an xml file in SystemUI.apk, unfortunately after decompiling the app I get errors when recompiling, was wondering if it's not too much to ask (if you can recompile!) you to do that, I can find out what needs to be edited and which xml file.

Edited by celrau

Guest Paulzie

One other thing, I was trying to get rid of the clock next to the battery (Miui-GB has that feature in preferences) and I know I must edit an xml file in SystemUI.apk, unfortunately after decompiling the app I get errors when recompiling, was wondering if it's not too much to ask (if you can recompile!) you to do that, I can find out what needs to be edited and which xml file.

Haven't been involved in apk decompiling as yet. If anybody else is then other than the abovementioned mods consider too:

* smoother scrolling mod with the Disable Scrollingcache on framework.jar

* alter the framework so the 2G/3G toggle goes to Settings->Mobile networks->Network type selection as it does in later MIUI releases. This one has toggle going to Settings->Mobile networks.

Guest mr_mufy

Hi.

i have install the R2 with full wipes, but have low network signal, and some times none.

I flash the RIL 960, and no network at all.

What it's the problem here?

Why with this rom i have so low signal network?

Guest Paulzie

The CircleMod has a bug. When you pull down the notification the battery icon reverts back to the stock % style. Seems the apk needs another resources altered as well. Did you want to do a further mod to fix it and release a new circleMod zip?

Guest celrau

The CircleMod has a bug. When you pull down the notification the battery icon reverts back to the stock % style. Seems the apk needs another resources altered as well. Did you want to do a further mod to fix it and release a new circleMod zip?

Yes I noticed that but when the notification goes back up it reverts to circle. I'm not sure which apk does the notification, I will look into it when I get some time.

Guest Paulzie

Yes I noticed that but when the notification goes back up it reverts to circle. I'm not sure which apk does the notification, I will look into it when I get some time.

Probably just needs these changes in MiuiSystemUI.apk->\res\raw as a fix:

* stat_sys_battery_number.png and stat_sys_battery_number_alternative.png to be the same.

* stat_sys_battery_charge.png and stat_sys_battery_charge_alternative.png to be the same.

That's the obvious place where the notification pulldown version of the discharge/charge battery icon would be getting it's icon from.

Edited by Paulzie

Guest Paulzie

Got it, you're right! The fixed version is here.

Nearly there. One fixed, one still to go. That is:

* stat_sys_battery_number_alternative.png is fixed now (inverse of stat_sys_battery_charge.png)

* stat_sys_battery_charge_alternative.png is the remaining bug. It needs to be inverse of stat_sys_battery_charge.png.