[DEAD] Don't post to this thread!

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

In my case Aurora Borealis was stable because cpu won't go below 1ghz (even if govenor was on demand , tested with cpu z app). JB roms with this setting run without reboots too.

no reboots here with *any* governor using aurora.

Thanks.

Konstat, I also have this issue. I'm from phone now. I will post the sample later.

I installed Aurora Borealis with custom kernell and it reboots just like JB but without blue screen. I set the processor governor to performance and the same, no reboots. I think it's about the midified kernell. Can't JB use stock kernell? That may help.

Could you please clarify this post again? What do you mean with 'installed Aurora Borealis with custom kernel'? It comes with a custom kernel by default. Did you install some other kernel? Who am I supposed to believe?

Guest KonstaT

To test a hypothesis that it actually is something CPU related, kernel in Aurora Borealis doesn't have 800mhz added to the frequency table. It still wouldn't explain how this only affects some devices though.

This is kernel is for CM10.1 only and it basically has this reverted. Could someone test it and report back?

https://hotfile.com/...kernel.zip.html

Guest Snowscape

Konstat, I flashed a kernel from the post above over a half of an hour ago, then I changed governor to smartass2, played with cpu frequencies, sent a sms, made a call, watched a video on YT and... no reboots so far. Before flashing it wouldn't be possible. The phone would freeze right after changing frequency, governor or after a few taps on the screen. I don't want to jump into conclusions, but it seems that you've found the fix!

Guest bamdad

tested for hours with both high and low cpu and graphics load, overclocked to 1113 mhz, using savagedzen governor. no fcs, blue screens or reboots. awesome! previously switching to savagedzen meant an almost instant blue screen..

could you please compile a kernel for cm10 too? : )

Guest Jaco2k

Well...

This kernel solves the stability issues and reboots but... it breaks my external storage. SD card is not available with the fix/test kernel

Guest KonstaT

Great, it still doesn't explain how this only affects some devices. My device runs stable with the 800mhz freq just fine.

Well...

This kernel solves the stability issues and reboots but... it breaks my external storage. SD card is not available with the fix/test kernel

Err, no.

Guest Jaco2k

Err, no.

Well, I just retested it...went back to stock ROM and reboot - SD card was there. Flashed 10.1 (without modded Kernel...) and reboot (yes, I wipe always everything inbetween flashes) and SD card was there. Flashed the modded kernel and reboot and... no more SD card.

It is detected but contents cannot be accessed.

Guest Jaco2k

Great, it still doesn't explain how this only affects some devices.

My guess about this is that there must be different HW revisions - I got this phone from Elisa shop on Friday and the shop guy had problems to bill it and told me that the barcode number had changed and therefore was not on their system. Now.... a likelyreason I find for them to change the barcode is if they made a HW revision, no?

Guest Jaco2k

I can confirm that the SD card is now fixed on the latest version of the kernel. Will you make a new CM release including these kernel changes or it will remain as a separate?

Cheers and thank you a lot for such a quick fix! :)

Guest Jaco2k

As I got your attention right now, I just noticed something else - when the charter is plugged to USB wall charter touch becomes very laggy and glitch. Specially sweeping left to right and throwing menus is hard.

As I got your attention right now, I just noticed something else - when the charter is plugged to USB wall charter touch becomes very laggy and glitch. Specially sweeping left to right and throwing menus is hard.

I guess it's a common problem with original ZTE (only blade 3, blade 1 chargers work great with blade 3 too) chargers. Since I use Nokia charger, this problem has gone.

Guest KonstaT

My guess about this is that there must be different HW revisions - I got this phone from Elisa shop on Friday and the shop guy had problems to bill it and told me that the barcode number had changed and therefore was not on their system. Now.... a likelyreason I find for them to change the barcode is if they made a HW revision, no?

Yeah, most certainly something about the hardware. Don't know about a separate new hardware revision though, this has also been reported on quite old devices.

Will you make a new CM release including these kernel changes or it will remain as a separate?

It's already included in today's CM10 build. Will be included the next CM10.1/CM10.2 builds when the time comes. Most of the development is now focused on CM10.2 and CM10.1 is fading away. I might make a 'final' CM10.1 build sometime this week.

I can't reproduce this on my device, but it's a known issue and not only on this device.

Basically you have a faulty charger. Use another one.

Guest Jaco2k

I think my charger issue might come from it being my Samsung GS4 charger which puts out a lot of juice and might be a bit too much for the poor ZTE :) I will try another charger, thanks!

Guest Something Wierd

Had that problem too.There is a topic opened for that.The problem comes from the charger.I use a charger from my brothers Alcatel and I don't have the problem anymore. Any other charger should work as well.

Glad to see you fixed the reboot problem.Just a suggestion.Can you pin the topic so when new users experience the same problem they could find the solution easier.

Overclocking cpu to 1190 MHz and over still causes instant reboot for me. Can anyone confirm that?

Don't overclock more than 15% then? My phone restarts even at 1152MHz with Aurora...

Guest peetu20

Overclocking cpu to 1190 MHz and over still causes instant reboot for me. Can anyone confirm that?

overcloking makes any device unstable. If you want stable device, do not overclock. Overclocking isnt usable way to improve perfomance at all. It doesnt give you nothing, before you can really overclock, like with PC.

And my Wi-Fi connection problem starts working with this kernel fix, :) hows that possible?

edit: every time when i boot my phone, i got system fc, but all working fine when i click "ok"

Edited by Guest