Xiaocai X9 - Updated. Root info. Benchmarks etc.

Guest Frankish

Guest Hurders

I just bought an X9 and will be looking at getting a screen protector and possibly a case, I've found a screen protector on ebay for £1.46 but it ships from China. I assume there are no UK sellers offering screen protectors or cases for the X9?

Guest Hurders

i've ordered mine here --> http://www.buyincoins.com/item/35054.html (also a chinese seller)

coupon: 5% 5FeBay2013

@tillaz any chance to get your rom today?

Thanks,

I've ordered a couple of ebay, looks to be the same thing from (probably) the same seller.

Be interested to know how you're finding tillaz ROM?, should be getting my X9 either tomorrow or Fri and planning to either flash the W100 port or tillaz ROM, any bugs so far?

Guest peterhugelberg

To be classed as experimental... far from finished, and not sure it i will ever be as i am selling the x9 

http://www.directlinkupload.com/uploads/178.99.151.60/

more details on the rom can be found in its thread on the china phone forum in my signature

Is there any way to update the XposedFramework?

If i try to install the apk i get the "app not installed, already another app with the same name and signature..." error, same with the GravityBox module. If i replace the GravityBox.apk manually in /system/app it works, but if i try to do that with the framework fusionx crashes when i try to launch the framework.

Also you should post the link in your forum as well and change "Once the ROM boots up for the first time go to settings / Fusion X / Xposed Framework / Framework" the option in settings is called Element, not Fusion X

Edit: nevermind the Framework stuff, not sure how or why, but now it says its the newest version

Edited by peterhugelberg

Is there any way to update the XposedFramework?

If i try to install the apk i get the "app not installed, already another app with the same name and signature..." error, same with the GravityBox module. If i replace the GravityBox.apk manually in /system/app it works, but if i try to do that with the framework fusionx crashes when i try to launch the framework.

Also you should post the link in your forum as well and change "Once the ROM boots up for the first time go to settings / Fusion X / Xposed Framework / Framework" the option in settings is called Element, not Fusion X

Edit: nevermind the Framework stuff, not sure how or why, but now it says its the newest version

yeah, since most of the stuff in this rom is the same as my last rom (Fusion X) i just copied and pasted my last OP, will fix that soon.

but remember its far from finished and was just posted as is because im not sure i will ever have the time to finish it off before the phone gets sold,

also it was last looked at  more than a month ago so stuff will be out dated now.   

Guest Hurders

Hi,

just tried to root my new X9 with your instruction

. Drivers were installed succesfully, but when i connect the phone (it is detected by the pc) and run the .bat it says the following:

[*]

[*] Motochopper: Android root exploit (Windows version)

[*] v1.0

[*] by Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss)

[*]

[*] Tested on the Motorola Razr HD, Razr M, Razr Maxx HD, and Atrix HD.

[*] Supports lots of other devices as well. ;-)

[*]

[*] Before continuing, ensure that USB debugging is enabled, that you

[*] have the latest USB drivers installed, and that your phone

[*] is connected via USB.

[*]

[*] WARNING: This will likely void the warranty on your device. I am

[*] not responsible for any damage to your phone as a result using this

[*] tool.

[*]

[*] Press enter to root your phone...

Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . .

[*]

[*] Waiting for device...

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

and stops there. (at least it didnt progress in the next 5minutes)

Any ideas what is the problem?

Nevertheless, tahnks for the informative and helpful thread!!!

I had the same exact problem and the way I found to deal with it was to use the chinese app. You might want to go to Xiaocai official forums and check this thread http://translate.goo...Td9NSVoujBl0WiQ

Worked for me!

I encountered the same problem as mondieu detailed above. I believe that the issue may be that the supplied usb data cables (short white one) are no good for data transfer. After a failed attempt with the supplied cable I switched to a different USB port and noticed Windows was bringing up an error saying it couldn't detect device properly etc. I then found a different micro-usb data cable that I knew was good, connected that up to my X9 and windows found the device and it came up in device manager as an ADB device ok. Problem was though that motochopper still wouldn't complete as I think it had 'half' completed some of the root proccess using the supplied white cable. I saw that I did have a SU icon on my phone but it reported an error when trying to open.

Fortunately I found the solution from Grabit's reply above. The link he supplied takes you to a chinese forum and there's a link there for a chinese application called 'VROOT'. So I installed that (it's all in Chinese! BTW) and running the application you get a blue window with some buttons in chinese. With my X9 plugged in (with a known good data cable) it detected it and came up 'X9' on the application. Clicking the green button that said 'ROOT' it progressed (again all in chinese) and then a few seconds later came up with a reasurring tick symbol with 'X9 Root' displayed. The phone then automatically rebooted and on startup in had a new superuser app which all worked ok. I could then install mobileuncle tools, installed clockwork mod and then flashed the W100 port with no issues.

So it seems the chinese 'VROOT' app does a good quick, easy job of rooting an X9. Here's a direct link to the app - http://www.mgyun.com/Function/vroot

Edited by Hurders

Guest Degurney

Could of weirdies with my X9.

I put a previous nandroid backup of Lewa Rom on my phone a while ago. Since then I have a very faint red light in the hole next to the speaker at the top of the phone!

First I thought it might be light bleeding from somewhere..

Anyways I put Tillaz`s rom on there the other day... no light! ??

Stuck Lewa back on... light is back on ( I`m sure it adds to my battery drain )

GPS: We all know the problems around this with the X9 ( and how to improve this ) but I`ve noticed something.

On my way to the station in the mornings I put Maps on and it will get a lock within 10 seconds! this has happened three consecutive days now.

I do it on the way home and it`ll take upwards of a minute... whats going on there??

@ Tillaz: Hey.. nice rom :) whats the reason Mobile Uncle Tools ( MTK Engineer ) mode doesn`t open on your rom??

thanks

Darren

Guest MickJack

Now have one of these to replace my trusty G300, thanks tillaz, getting used to miui and the extra speed, yet to read all this thread, to much time playing with miui this weekend !!!

Ordered a silicone case from banggood (http://www.banggood.com/buy/Xiaocai-X9.html) will update when it arrives. More questions to come........... ;-)

Late Edit: Banggood order 23rd November arrived today 23rd December, china post, clear silicone case ok, good fit ect, red back seems pink to me but good fit again. Would use banggood again.

Edited by MickJack

Guest MickJack

I have taken my GiffGaff sim out of my G300 and it's now in the x9, I was expecting to enter my apn settings in Mobile Network Settings page in settings.

I can set GiffGaff and my telephone number, Preferred Networks gives me lists of numbers ? Access Point Names just causes setting to stop (crash). Available Networks gives me 23410 3G or 2G, I select 3G. 23410 shows in the top left hand corner of the screen sometimes giffgaff is displayed.

I am not sure I have seen a 3G or if I am connecting at faster speeds, I can ring in and out, send and receive text messages but not connect to data at any time, if I am out of wifi range there is no connection.

I feel I should be adding more information to setup properly or I may have changed a setting somewhere but cannot find anything.

Is is usual to see Access point names force close ? Can I get data to work (I have an allowance in my goody bag) and can I get giffgaff to display as it used to with the G300, is there a system file I can edit by hand ?

Thanks is advance for any help/thoughts, I am getting used to miui and don't really won't change the rom.

Tillaz: i had a small problem with your rom. I couldnt grt the MTK engineer mode running in mobile uncle tools. Just wouldnt open..

because all that stuff is removed as i never seen any use for it, what exactly are people using the engineering mode for ?

Guest Hurders

because all that stuff is removed as i never seen any use for it, what exactly are people using the engineering mode for ?

I used engineering mode to slightly increase the speaker volume for calls/notifications.

Guest MickJack

A quick update, managed to install tillaz's ASOP rom, much holding of volume & power buttons but took in the end, I am still a nunpty with this stuff. Anyways all apn info easy to enter and an environment I am used to, just need to change that geometric wallpaper and add a few apps.

Having problems with storage, will have to come to terms with link2sd I think. (Edit - seem to have completed that)

other blip atm, I have been using poweramp for music, not often, but if volume buttons are touched when phone is off poweramp loads and plays !!!!!!!! is there a quick simple fix other than uninstall poweramp.

Edited by MickJack

Guest MickJack

I just remapped the middle button in between the volume keys to camera shutter.

If you want you could include those files in your rom (probably better than a useless button ;))

You could also Change Key 164 in both of the files with a different action

cwm zip:

https://mega.co.nz/#!OJtxTLYB!efOKlU4KLJE4c7DQK8tidmpnUqxB91QhVLp4dwEsRz0

manual:

https://mega.co.nz/#!bAMj2S7a!NRyzYDX7IaTScUA1sBH49z6f8xsSaYawj06oFYCa8Ak

the files are located in /system/usr/keylayout permission as always 644 and owner root:root

Long press opens the camera, press in camera app takes a picture

I have noticed that this button still works when the screen is off I keep turning music on in my pocket by accident! Must have a look when I have the time.

This is the problem I am having atm, on ASOP rom, noticed when middle button is pressed I get a headphone icon in the notifications and poweramp or google music open and play in my pocket etc.

Would love to map the center button to do nothing, would this be a sensible thing to do and how do I edit the files? I recon I am up to swapping peter's files using a file manager (even possible?). Have been looking at 'headphone toggle apps' but they don't look quite right.

Picking up a Moto G on Tuesday so this may become unimportant next week, you all know how that works ;).

Edited by MickJack

This is the problem I am having atm, on ASOP rom, noticed when middle button is pressed I get a headphone icon in the notifications and poweramp or google music open and play in my pocket etc.

Would love to map the center button to do nothing, would this be a sensible thing to do and how do I edit the files? I recon I am up to swapping peter's files using a file manager (even possible?). Have been looking at 'headphone toggle apps' but they don't look quite right.

Picking up a Moto G on Tuesday so this may become unimportant next week, you all know how that works ;).

the middle button is supposed to do that, that's why its there.

i think i seen someone mention on xda that they re-mapped it to open that camera or something, not sure how though.

Guest MickJack

Cheers tillaz,  I know it's supposed to do that, just keep bumping the centre button when its off, don't want the camera coming on and snapping away in my pocket either ;-)  i am thinking the case when bangood get it here will help or I may have to get some headphones.(camera thing is in peters post above somewhere)

Found a profile app (smart volume) that has allowed me to turn the media volume down and leave the ringer etc, if the music player switches on then I now don't notice it.  getting to quite like the phone but picked up a moto G from tesco yesterday, have to weigh up the pros & cons but notification led, compass & star mapps, bit smaller and I think a bit of modaco imput may swing it, like the 8gig rear and 5 front camera on the X9, just used the front camera to help feed an awkard screw onto a bathroom cabinet - like using a mirror but able to zoom in, brill.  

Guest peterhugelberg

If you use the flashable zip to remap it to camera nothing will happen while it is in your pocket, the camera action only works if the screen is turned on.

But you could manually edit the .kl files and just delete whatever is after key 164 (i think)

if im not mistaken you need to change ACCDET.kl and mtk-kpd.kl

Guest peterhugelberg

someone (in another forum) mentioned one time that the cink peax 2 would be identical to the x9 but i couldnt find any information that proves it (also the hardware seems almost identical)

If you want to take a look at it here are the kernel sources for the cink peax 2: http://geek.wikoplus.com/index.php?tel=1c383cd30b7c298ab50293adfecb7b18