Xiaocai X9 - Updated. Root info. Benchmarks etc.

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish

Great job. Keep up the good work.

Can anyone recommend a screen protection and a case for the X9?

The only place i found any was on aliexpress and they are slightly expensive but that's the same with less popular phones in the UK too. There are clear hard and gel cases and screen protectors on aliexpress.

Guest Frankish

Your son will not be disappointed with it. Amazing phone for the price.

Just an update on GPS using the THL W100 port it works perfect after enabling epo too. No issues following me in car and on foot no jumping around. Lack of compass doesn't seem an issue.

Edited by Frankish

Guest Degurney

I flashed the gps.conf that tillaz posted. Now I can`t find it in /system/etc ??

Does it get renamed on boot or something... because I never had one to begin with ( had agps files etc )

Seems that since I flashed that zip, I constantly just search for gps... not locking at all.

I was going to delete it to see it made any difference..can`t find it :(

I`m using MIUI

Guest Frankish

No you're right it's not there. Not sure what to say a out that to be honest. I think miui has a built in menu option for changing ntp server so maybe GPS.conf not needed in etc?

Hi,

just tried to root my new X9 with your instruction

. Drivers were installed succesfully, but when i connect the phone (it is detected by the pc) and run the .bat it says the following:

[*]

[*] Motochopper: Android root exploit (Windows version)

[*] v1.0

[*] by Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss)

[*]

[*] Tested on the Motorola Razr HD, Razr M, Razr Maxx HD, and Atrix HD.

[*] Supports lots of other devices as well. ;-)

[*]

[*] Before continuing, ensure that USB debugging is enabled, that you

[*] have the latest USB drivers installed, and that your phone

[*] is connected via USB.

[*]

[*] WARNING: This will likely void the warranty on your device. I am

[*] not responsible for any damage to your phone as a result using this

[*] tool.

[*]

[*] Press enter to root your phone...

Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . .

[*]

[*] Waiting for device...

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

and stops there. (at least it didnt progress in the next 5minutes)

Any ideas what is the problem?

Nevertheless, tahnks for the informative and helpful thread!!!

Hi,

I just received my device today. I think about flashing, but I'd like to ask those of you who already did so, if there occured any limitations afterwards.

Though I used to enjoy running Cyanogen Mod on my old device, there were some minor issues decreasing ux (grey type on black background, distorted icons, missing text message notifications).

As for the X9, I am especially afraid of destroyed dual SIM/play-music-button (between vol+/-)/camera/notification functionality.

Any shared experiences appreciated

floydf

Guest Frankish
Does anyone know how to flash the original cia os rom? Or more to the point, where i can find it..

Did you not make a nandroid backup? I have the official site saved in my bookmarks I can have a look for you after work tonight if you're not sorted by then.

Hi,

just tried to root my new X9 with your instruction

. Drivers were installed succesfully, but when i connect the phone (it is detected by the pc) and run the .bat it says the following:

[*]

[*] Motochopper: Android root exploit (Windows version)

[*] v1.0

[*] by Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss)

[*]

[*] Tested on the Motorola Razr HD, Razr M, Razr Maxx HD, and Atrix HD.

[*] Supports lots of other devices as well. ;-)

[*]

[*] Before continuing, ensure that USB debugging is enabled, that you

[*] have the latest USB drivers installed, and that your phone

[*] is connected via USB.

[*]

[*] WARNING: This will likely void the warranty on your device. I am

[*] not responsible for any damage to your phone as a result using this

[*] tool.

[*]

[*] Press enter to root your phone...

Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . .

[*]

[*] Waiting for device...

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

and stops there. (at least it didnt progress in the next 5minutes)

Any ideas what is the problem?

Nevertheless, tahnks for the informative and helpful thread!!!

I had the same exact problem and the way I found to deal with it was to use the chinese app. You might want to go to Xiaocai official forums and check this thread http://translate.goo...Td9NSVoujBl0WiQ

Worked for me!

Edited by GrabIt

Guest Frankish

Flashing stock CaiOS rom.

Link to latest official update 1.05 rar. http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=3070761045&uk=1678349277&qq-pf-to=pcqq.c2c

Link to the version supplied when buying the phone. http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=3126338295&uk=3811752623

Download one of the above and extract it. Rename any folders that have Chinese characters...this is important for later.

Make sure you have the MTK6589 drivers installed from step 2 on first page.

Download SP Flash Tool. http://www.mediafire.com/download/06i9q9137o85vbf/SP_Flash_Tool_exe_v3.1312.0.139.zip

Run the FlashTool.exe, click the "scatter-loading" button. Browse to the folder of the rom rar we extracted (1.03 or 1.05) and select the file "MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt". An incorrect format error means you didn't rename the Chinese characters!

Now turn off the phone and remove the battery. Hit the "Download" button for a new install or "Firmware > Upgrade" if you're going from 1.03 to 1.05. Connect your phone via USB. I put my battery back in once it started but not sure if that is necessary.

Once it is done you will get a green circle and download OK message. Remove USB, close FlashTool and boot up phone. It should boot after a little while.

This is a first draft written at midnight after a 14 hour shift i will add it to the guide and format it when i can be bothered!

Guest Frankish
Successfully flashed 1.05. Do you know where 1.05 or 1.03 can be found with other langauges? I'm from Germany and I would like to revert back to German language.
Can you use morelocale app to get German language? Not seen one with German on.

Guest Degurney

GPS weirdness. I'm on LEWA os. Trying to work my way through GPS issues. I have found if i install the gps.conf ( tillaz ) then i get no lock at all with ( maps, waze etc ) If i delete it then i get a lock within 10 seconds..

Guest Arnie-75

Yes. Meanwhile I switched to your THL 100 port and I really like it. Thank you so much! It has everything I wanted and missed in Cai OS or MIUI plus German language support. Perfect! Are you going to release updates to it? Even if not, it looks perfect to me. :)

Edited by Arnie-75