Xiaocai X9 - Updated. Root info. Benchmarks etc.

Guest Frankish

Guest bigsiwy
Has played around with a EnginneringMode? ( Mobileuncle Tools/EnginneringMode)

You can adjust the volume of audio there.

Unfortunately, there are so many values ​​I do not know what should I change to make it loud.

I want to change the  Speaker volume.
( Ringtone , and MP3 playback on intigred Speaker, and  BT Speaker Volume)

Guest Frankish

No solution to vibration but I haven't dug too deep yet unfortunately I work 50-60 hour weeks and my spare time is spent mostly with my Mrs. I will try my hardest to fix things though!

Guest Degurney

When I try and install the new Lewa rom I get this.

set_perm some changes failed

E: error in /sdcard/lewa_Xiaocia x x x .zip

( Status 7 )

any ideas????

Guest Degurney

I think the zip i tried was my second try at that rom.

I cant be sure though.. Ill redownload and try again..

I did research this error 7 and i found something.. About editing a file that turns verification off ( allowing you to put the wrong rom on your phone )

Guest ol@fson

No solution to vibration but I haven't dug too deep yet unfortunately I work 50-60 hour weeks and my spare time is spent mostly with my Mrs. I will try my hardest to fix things though!

I don't know if this helps .. I received my X9 today and first thing I did was root, install CWM, make nandroid and install the THL port ROM .. After that, the haptic feedback for the softkeys was still working!

Then I tried the keymap layout modifications (by manually copying the two *.kl files to the path) to map the camera to the middle button between vol+/-, it worked perfectly but from there on, the haptic feedback was gone. Then I tried to use the (previously backed up) original *.kl files but the haptic feedback didn't come back. Even a dirty-reflash of the THL port ROM didn't bring it back. Weird, huh?

Guest Frankish

Yes it's a very strange problem and unfortunately i haven't been able to pin point the solution. It's strange that it works at first then breaks though...

Guest Ohmovic

Hi guys, i need your help. I just rooted my new Xiaocai X9 and put a custom rom on it. After this I got problems with my Pin, my phone said it is incorrect so i restored it back to Stock Rom version. Now I got the Problem on the stock and on every custom rom that my Xiaocai X9 didnt recognize any Sim Card. I tried both slots, it detected nothing. Can u help me ??? In advance a Big thanks for your help!

PS: in my older Smartphone the Jiayu G3s i had no problems with this sim card!

Edited by Ohmovic

Guest Frankish

If it worked on stock but not now I'm not really sure what the issue is. I've never used any sort of SIM pin. Maybe try flashing a stock rom with sp flash tool? I posted how to do this a few pages back.

Guest kra-ppo

@Frankish How can I get appinstaller-app back on your second thl100 rom version? Thanks for your work and support!

Edited by kra-ppo

Guest Frankish

@FrankishHow can I get appinstaller-app back on your second thl100 rom version?Thanks for your work and support!

Here is the .apk that should work. You need to extract it from the zip and put it in system/app folder with permissions rw-r-r.

https://db.tt/AGLDyvIl

Guest HowlanDay

Sorry for my ignorance and for my english, but I'm a newbie in the world of smartphones and I don't know how to update my Xiaocai (I have the v. 1.0.3)

I tried to use the app for that but it says that I already have the latest version and then I read the whole post but it sounds me like chinese u.u

I have downloaded something from this page http://www.miui.com/download-89.html but I don't really know how to use it (and even what it is).

Please, can someone tell me how to update my mobile? Thanks a lot

Guest peter0010

Good News !!

MIUI v5 3.10.11 is out and there are some new settings where u can choose ur standard installation path :)

Settings -> Stock Settings -> default write disk

edit:

HELL YEA !

it works :) awesome

post-1026089-0-50959700-1381583416_thumb

post-1026089-0-22221200-1381583417_thumb

Edited by peter0010

Guest Degurney

I found it the other day but never messed with it but..

In Mobileuncle tools, under Engineer mode:mtk:location:location based settings:gps

Theres a setting at the bottom 'delay before starting gps'

Mine was set to 20. I have set it to 5 ( seconds im guessing )

Now my GPS finds a location REAL quick!!

Guest ol@fson

I found it the other day but never messed with it but..

In Mobileuncle tools, under Engineer mode:mtk:location:location based settings:gps

Theres a setting at the bottom 'delay before starting gps'

Mine was set to 20. I have set it to 5 ( seconds im guessing )

Now my GPS finds a location REAL quick!!

I think it's just the settings for the stress test?

Guest peterhugelberg
I spent some time yesterday to see how repartitioning the internal storage works.

First i found a tool called meteos-rom-edit.apk or something like that. And it works quite nicely but the Problem is it only has a few presets and the biggest working for the X9 is the 2.5GB Data Partition which leaves about 200MB for the internal SD. At first i was quite satisfied but after a short time those 200 unused mb (i only use an external 32GB SD Card) started to annoy me, so long story short i did a bit of reverse engineering (actually it is surprisingly easy to do, you only need 2 tools, dex2jar and a java decompiler) and found out that the tool does nothing else than replace 2 Files (or better partitions)

/dev/ebr1 and /dev/ebr2

So i read those 2 files back with the SP Flash tool and opened them up in a hex editor spent some time puzzling over its contents compared them to the files the meteos app uses and edited them.

After some errors in my calculations and some "try and error"-flashing i got a 63KB internal SD Card and a 2.66GB Data partition. (maybe you could even use less space for the sdcard but the files created after a first boot are 63KB big, so i didnt want to mess with that for too long)

To flash those files use the SPFlashtool and load the scatter file.

Or flash them via adb shell with this command:

dd if=$download_ebr1_file of=/dev/ebr1 bs=4096 
dd if=$download_ebr2_file of=/dev/ebr2 bs=4096 

Only do this at your own risk! your changing critical parts of your phones nand storage. I do not guarantee that this will work for you or that i can help you unbrick your device if something goes wrong!

data_part.zip

I spent some time yesterday to see how repartitioning the internal storage works.

First i found a tool called meteos-rom-edit.apk or something like that. And it works quite nicely but the Problem is it only has a few presets and the biggest working for the X9 is the 2.5GB Data Partition which leaves about 200MB for the internal SD. At first i was quite satisfied but after a short time those 200 unused mb (i only use an external 32GB SD Card) started to annoy me, so long story short i did a bit of reverse engineering (actually it is surprisingly easy to do, you only need 2 tools, dex2jar and a java decompiler) and found out that the tool does nothing else than replace 2 Files (or better partitions)

/dev/ebr1 and /dev/ebr2

So i read those 2 files back with the SP Flash tool and opened them up in a hex editor spent some time puzzling over its contents compared them to the files the meteos app uses and edited them.

After some errors in my calculations and some "try and error"-flashing i got a 63KB internal SD Card and a 2.66GB Data partition. (maybe you could even use less space for the sdcard but the files created after a first boot are 63KB big, so i didnt want to mess with that for too long)

To flash those files use the SPFlashtool and load the scatter file.

Or flash them via adb shell with this command:

dd if=$download_ebr1_file of=/dev/ebr1 bs=4096 
dd if=$download_ebr2_file of=/dev/ebr2 bs=4096 

Only do this at your own risk! your changing critical parts of your phones nand storage. I do not guarantee that this will work for you or that i can help you unbrick your device if something goes wrong!

not had a proper look at this, but does anyone know if the same method could be used to increase the recovery partition to 7mb ? 

Guest Frankish

It seem's plausible as it's all laid out the same i guess? This would allow TWRP wouldn't it?

It's some great work you have done Peter would you be willing to read recovery partition data and increase it in size by taking some space from your data partition?

It seem's plausible as it's all laid out the same i guess? This would allow TWRP wouldn't it?

It's some great work you have done Peter would you be willing to read recovery partition data and increase it in size by taking some space from your data partition?

yep, i already have it built, but the 6mb recovery partition is to small its the same on most if not all mtk6589  :(  

Guest peterhugelberg

There are 3 Partitions in the EBR1 file (The EBR2 file seems to be only relevant for the internal sd)

1. 650mb partition type 83 (System)

2. 126mb partition type 83 (Cache)

3. 1800mb partition type 83 (Data)

The 4th part does not make any sense type 05 and size 2TB, so im guessing thats not a partition

So it looks like you cant change the recovery partition that way

ps. any news on your rom?

edit: just some quick thoughts:

maybe it is possible to change the length for the recovery partition in sp flashtool and move all other partitions.

But im not sure which partitions are between the recovery and the ones we can change via the ebr files.

Edited by peterhugelberg