All custom roms for Huawei Ascend Y300/G510

Guest Ducsidu

Guest Ducsidu

For both of you: you van edit your post!

Mark1998: a dev could if he/she wanted

NaqiKiller: I heard both that it slows down and makes it slower, i'm not sure if the slowness is because of the swap or somthing else. BUT it's 100% that you can finally have normal multitasking at least

Guest mark1998

I think we will not have any 2.3.x rom :(

Other thing: the video framerate drops ~5fps in low-light or higher exposure. Why, and how to fix this?

Sorry for my bad english, i'm hungarian

Guest Ducsidu

I think we will not have any 2.3.x rom :(

Other thing: the video framerate drops ~5fps in low-light or higher exposure. Why, and how to fix this?

Sorry for my bad english, i'm hungarian

Én is :D

Szerintem sem lesz. A kamerát meg szerintem nem tudjuk javítani, sajnos gyenge a hardver :(

In English:

I am hungarian too

I neither think that there will be any 2.3 based roms. I think that the camera's framerate problem can't be fixed, the hardware is just too weak

EDIT: For the Expert rom: I tthink the lag happens when the system starts to use the swap partition. Even though i have a Cl10 UHS-1 mSD, it's much slower than RAM (not to mention that the phone can't even take advantage of the fast card, it remains at a lower r/w speed)

Edited by Ducsidu

Guest mark1998

Én egyszer használtam swap partíciót és szervizbe kellett vinni. Kék képernyő, a recovery is meghalt, updare-et nem rakta fel. Szerintem ne használjon senki swap-ot.

I used swap partition and the phone was dead. The phone is repaired in service. No recovery, cannot update. Only Blue screen. Do not use swap.

There's very little mention of the G510-0251 here, which is what I've got (Australia). Looking to flash a custom ROM but not sure which ones (all?) are compatible with this hardware version (single SIM, G3 freq 900/2100). I just want to get away from the stock JB 4.1.1 and its bugs, not necessarily the latest and greatest (KitKat). Would be happy with either the stock-based ROMs as long as they include JB 4.1.2 (or higher), or CM versions. Can anyone vouch for any of the ROMs in the list as G510-0251 compatible?

I'm looking in particular at FusionX and the CM 10.1 and 10.2 ROMs which seem to be the most highly regarded and stable in this forum.

Guest Ducsidu

Én egyszer használtam swap partíciót és szervizbe kellett vinni. Kék képernyő, a recovery is meghalt, updare-et nem rakta fel. Szerintem ne használjon senki swap-ot.

I used swap partition and the phone was dead. The phone is repaired in service. No recovery, cannot update. Only Blue screen. Do not use swap.

Az rossz program miatt volt, önmagában a swap nem okozta ezt.

It was because of a bad program, it wasn't caused by the swap itself.

Guest mark1998

Az rossz program miatt volt, önmagában a swap nem okozta ezt.

It was because of a bad program, it wasn't caused by the swap itself.

Az lehet, de többször nem próbálkozik, félek. Ha telik majd rá, veszek 1gb ramos telefont. Vagy bele forrasztani stb. Nem lehet? Tudom, hülye kérdés...

Guest Ducsidu

Az lehet, de többször nem próbálkozik, félek. Ha telik majd rá, veszek 1gb ramos telefont. Vagy bele forrasztani stb. Nem lehet? Tudom, hülye kérdés...

Eddig én is így voltam vele, magamnak nem foglalkoznék vele, de itt alapból benne van. Mondjuk még mindig megvan az esély arra, hogy az SD-kártyát tönkreteszi (mondjuk ez nem tudom mennyire igaz)

Olyat nem tudsz :P

Sorry for these non-english comments

Guest Zerondar

OK! so the Best Rom for Y300 for the time being is FusionX, Get Nova launcher and use cysteal kernel 0.5.7 and Woalla!!! Great performance really smooth and stable.I'm not gonna change my rom till CM11 get stable. :P  :D

Guest Tommy21

I've seen ascend p6 with emotion ui 2.3 beta on the internet,is it possible to port it on our phone?I mean launcher,widgets,lockscreen and all of the apps fully working.I like the look and feel of emui and didn't want to open new thread.Most of the roms for our phone,stock based or custom come with nova launcher.

Guest mark1998

If You really want it port it yourself plus you need a base ROM and a different kernel

Unfortunately, i don't understand porting...

Sory for ny bad english