[ROM][4.1.1][B197][Y-300] Stratosh 06/10/2013 (Big Update)

Guest stratoukos19

Guest TangerineTractor

All works, fast, but battery not as good as luntatic - 10% in 90 minutes, with very light use.

I'd love to know what the dev of lunatic has done, because battery life seems to be about 50% better than oother roms. Last night it only used 15% in 3 hours of relatively high use.

Guest stratoukos19

All works, fast, but battery not as good as luntatic - 10% in 90 minutes, with very light use.

I'd love to know what the dev of lunatic has done, because battery life seems to be about 50% better than oother roms. Last night it only used 15% in 3 hours of relatively high use.

OK mate thanks for this notice . I will try to find it out ! :)

Guest TangerineTractor

OK mate thanks for this notice . I will try to find it out ! :)

No problem. I don`t mean to be too critical... but at the moment nothing stock-based comes close to lunatic really. ANy differences between the roms are cosmetic, and unless you can do something radical, then it`s kind of a waste of your time. It surprises me how many people stick with buggy roms for the sake of a bit of eye-candy though.

There`s a 197 update.app just been published, maybe try to get that as a base too.

Guest stratoukos19

No problem. I don`t mean to be too critical... but at the moment nothing stock-based comes close to lunatic really. ANy differences between the roms are cosmetic, and unless you can do something radical, then it`s kind of a waste of your time. It surprises me how many people stick with buggy roms for the sake of a bit of eye-candy though.

There`s a 197 update.app just been published, maybe try to get that as a base too.

You are totally right. Right now i am rushing to make 197 base ;) I think in the end of the day i will publish new version !

Guest TangerineTractor

You are totally right. Right now i am rushing to make 197 base ;) I think in the end of the day i will publish new version !

Excellent.

You have the build prop modes for battery percent and removing the 3g nag, that's good.

You need a clock as part of the rom - everyone will want that... the new one in the new version of slim is nice, if you can hack that out.

BUT... we need to see what is making Lunatic so much better on battery, unless it is just reporting the level differently, of course.

Personally, I would drop dsp manager in as well.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest stratoukos19

Excellent.

You have the build prop modes for battery percent and removing the 3g nag, that's good.

You need a clock as part of the rom - everyone will want that... the new one in the new version of slim is nice, if you can hack that out.

BUT... we need to see what is making Lunatic so much better on battery, unless it is just reporting the level differently, of course.

Personally, I would drop dsp manager in as well.

Ok i'will also put a nice clock :) also if you want i can provide you an cwm zip for dps manager . (Also , i examine now a sound mod)

Guest TangerineTractor

Ok i'will also put a nice clock :) also if you want i can provide you an cwm zip for dps manager . (Also , i examine now a sound mod)

I already have a dsp manager apk that I just drop in system/app and reboot.... link is on the lunatic thread.

Guest stratoukos19

I already have a dsp manager apk that I just drop in system/app and reboot.... link is on the lunatic thread.

oh ok then :) .. if more users wants dps manager i will add it.

Guest tillaz

dsp manager needs a lot more than just the apk to actually work, it needs all the libs and config files. 

without them the app will open but the effects wont work.

Guest TangerineTractor

dsp manager needs a lot more than just the apk to actually work, it needs all the libs and config files.

Well the libs must already be there in stock based roms then, because if I drop it in it works.

Guest tillaz

Well the libs must already be there in stock based roms then, because if I drop it in it works.

what they include libs and config files from cyanogenmod in a stock rom? since i have been including it in roms since the G300 i know this is not the case,

stock roms only have the libs for Google's MusicFX, but if you think its fully working then that's cool,

just thought i would point it out that it requires the proper libs that where compiled for it to work properly and the config file.

without them the app will open but the effects wont actually work, turning them on wont have an effect, take a look at the source code.

Guest TangerineTractor

what they include libs and config files from cyanogenmod in a stock rom? since i have been including it in roms since the G300 i know this is not the case,

stock roms only have the libs for Google's MusicFX, but if you think its fully working then that's cool,

just thought i would point it out that it requires the proper libs that where compiled for it to work properly and the config file.

without them the app will open but the effects wont actually work, turning them on wont have an effect, take a look at the source code.

I have no idea. But if I put the apk in the app folder, the dsp settings change and update and work, and the sound output changes. Definitely, noticeably. It`s not some silly placebo daft effect.

Guest tillaz

I have no idea. But if I put the apk in the app folder, the dsp settings change and update and work, and the sound output changes. Definitely, noticeably. It`s not some silly placebo daft effect.

have you tried with head phones in?

this is the only place you can actually hear the difference in my opinion (when enabling the bass effects the difference should be huge)

not sure how its working with missing libs and the config file.

Guest TayoOnabule

oy my lord, this rom with the B197 update is speedy. i'm not sure how or why it's so fast but dayummm. Definitely recommend this rom! as always make sure animation speeds are 0.5 in dev settings. Also this rom is really clean out the box, didn't even bother with uninstalling anything

Guest Market88

I flashed new version B197 based, curious to try bravia engine, well.. it should be a must have tweak in every rom.. more natural colors, contrast etc.. but the thing that impressed me the most is the smooth effect that it gives to the photos when you see those awful squares when you zoom, like an antialiasing..the squares just disappear and good noise reduction!

Guest TangerineTractor

Working well. Had to flash super su to get root. Battery seems ok. 8% in two hours light/minimal use is not dissimilar to lunatic. Very smooth

Guest TangerineTractor

Yeah, stock based roms are fine on either device. This is a good rom, but the battery is still not as good as Lunatic, performance is very similar.

Guest stratoukos19

Yeah, stock based roms are fine on either device. This is a good rom, but the battery is still not as good as Lunatic, performance is very similar.

Working well. Had to flash super su to get root. Battery seems ok. 8% in two hours light/minimal use is not dissimilar to lunatic. Very smooth

Ok guys so as i see the main problem of all roms compared to lunatic is the battery drain. I will do my best to find out how to make it last longer :) 

Guest Market88

Please in next version edit the build. Prop to make auto switch between wifi and data connection and disable the SMS confirmation of receipt, however GREAT WORK!

Edited by Market88