[TWEAK] Supercharge the G300

Guest DJPRMF

As i said, im not a developer and i don't have knowledge to say what is being done or not...

Im just sharing something that i have tested, with a increase of performance. Placebo effect or not, for me, my phone is faster with this tweaks, and judging from the comments, to other users too.

A example, before i apply this, the angry birds, stick stunt biker 2 and even the transitions effects of the Go Launcher where slow and, sometimes, with lag (happend more after the phone have been up for one day or two).

After that i didn't experience that anymore. :)

Anyone is free to test it or not and see the result.

If doesn't change, restore a backup or keep it. If have afraid about install this, just doesn't use...:)

Guest akarana

Afterall, Antutu isn't really the most accurate benchmarking tool.

Others have noticed this too

Most of the Antutu numbers shown here are way below the 10% boost I'd be looking for to make me install it. What Antutu is not good at is measuring "teh snappy", the feel of the touch+app response under your fingers, which is highly subjective. So if it works for you, good luck  :D

DJPRMF's first posting has an Antutu screenshot showing ~10% boost after 2 month usage. The cronned cache cleaning will be in my guess a big contributor to that. I'm running the stock B926 rom, and wondering if I should be bothered fixing the

E: image verification failed

that stops me flashing random zips, or if I should just splash out on a shinier phone ...

Guest wbrambley

For use this tweaks or any other, you need a modded rom and have to unlock the bootloader.

With the stock rom you can't do anything. :)

No, with root and r/w it would be posable to install most tweaks manually on a stock ROM.

Please, read the first topic:

"To start, you need:
- Huawei G300 (yep, you need one)
- Any Stock based, cyanogenmod or cyanogenmod based ROM"

Stock rom will not work...

Please, read the first topic:

"To start, you need:
- Huawei G300 (yep, you need one)
- Any Stock based, cyanogenmod or cyanogenmod based ROM"

Stock rom will not work...

deodex versions of stocks ?

Yes it will. They just need to read original thread by jeeko. There are 2 versions of his mods, one is for stock roms

Attention that is NOT for Stock roms. As described in the first topic, is for Stock based roms...

I don't know about the deodex versions of the stock rom, but give it a shoot. :)

Deleted.

i was looking in all section and thought it was slimbean thread. So apologise for misposting it here.

Good to know it will work on Y300 too.....

Edited by shahimo1

Thanks for the feedback.

Actualy, this is not a ROM. The tweak files should work in any rom, and any device (generaly)

Personaly, i just have tested this in the G300, and is shared in the G300 section, but give it a go also in the Y300. Just do a backup before. :)

Edited by DJPRMF

Guest cryptoncore

This tweaks doesn't do overclocking...

I'm not saying this mod does, I'm saying are you all using an overclock to get such high scores (4600-4700) because i only got above 4K, but i'm not overclocking. I'm aware of what this mod does so don't get me wrong. Just a question.

in that case yes...

Im my case im overclocking to 1.13GHz. But you should still notice improvement even if not overclocked.

Also, i think only one person here get that values (maybe was a "3" instead a "4"? :) )

For me, the max that i get was 4392 (with the overclock). Never gone up more that 4400,a nd i have tried many roms and kernels.

Edited by DJPRMF

Guest cryptoncore

in that case yes...

Im my case im overclocking to 1.13GHz. But you should still notice improvement even if not overclocked.

Also, i think only one person here get that values (maybe was a "3" instead a "4"? :) )

For me, the max that i get was 4392 (with the overclock). Never gone up more that 4400,a nd i have tried many roms and kernels.

Do you happen to know what the most "stable" overclock is for the G300? I tried 1.267Mhz and my phone just bleeped at me and rebooted after about an hours use. Rofl xD.

Edited by cryptoncore

Do you happen to know what the most "stable" overclock is for the G300? I tried 1.267Mhz and my phone just bleeped at me and rebooted. Rofl xD.

It's most likely dependent on the specific device. I don't think that there is any generalized answer here. Some chips have more leeway for overclocking than others. You just have to experiment. When doing this Stability Test can be useful:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.into.stability

Guest cryptoncore

It's most likely dependent on the specific device. I don't think that there is any generalized answer here. Some chips have more leeway for overclocking than others. You just have to experiment. When doing this Stability Test can be useful:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.into.stability

I'll look into that. Thank you. :)

-Edit-

How long should I run this stability test for?

Edited by cryptoncore

in my case, the most stable value is 1.13 GHz. When i put 1.15 or above, he stops or reboots.

But that change from device...

The stress test should run for many minutes to hours (1 or more hours if possible).More time in stress = more possibilities that will work fine. :D

Guest denzele

Ok flashed all tweaks few weeks ago and honestly in my view  no improvement or any change whatsoever  . Then again maybe it is there but  I'm just expecting way too much out of this phone to actually realize small improvements .  :wacko: