[JB] [4.3.1] [UNOFFICIAL] SlimBean 4.3 By Dark_Nightmare [RC2] [15/12/13]

Guest TayoOnabule

Guys have you read the FAQ?!

How to get root access: BEFORE STARTING ANY APPLICATION please go to Settings / Options Development / Root Access (Applications and ADB).

If u use the root access method inplement in the rom ... ok .. but in generally you don´t need this option to be activated whithin the rom...

why .. ? ..so .. if you´re flashing another programm ..for example supersu .. to manage root permissions ..it has nothing to do with the build in mechanism which is included in the rom .. 

every app has a Androidmanifest.xml ... which describes the permission that are necessary to run the app .. for example you see this if your installing app from playstore and you had to permit the permissions that are required by the app ....from here and if you deactivate the build in root mechanism feature ... all requests from specific apps are "piped" through ...for example "supersu" ..

for clarification 

APP (androidmanifest.xml) -> (call root rights) SUPERSU -> (supersu) SETUID 

So supersu is the only programm that could do a setuid ...

Regardless if this is a app or adb . because adb is also a system app that calls mostly a shell to get user input .. so if you grant root acess to adb it is running also fine 

Overall you also have no specific user account which had traditionaly understanding permissions .. you grant acesss to apps and these permissions are stored by dalvik vm in /data/data 

..so you could say that you had the role / account / user that the app requested ...from androidmanifest.xml

EDIT*: So in my opinion the problem which was described by Tangarine .. might be an issue with supersu binary ..."reverting root permission"..

Edited by joba69

Guest Andii S

the answer was to fast to edit my last post,...device reboots when i uninstall apps. and random reboots sometimes.

afwall plus is not working

Edited by Andii S

Guest TayoOnabule

This evening/night i would post SlimBean based on CM10.1 R19 (4.2.2).

Regards.

Oh awesome, shall i make a thread for it or will you?

Great ROM btw

Guest Zly Dzik

Yeah, i'ts based on Kra1o5 CM10.1 last build, so it'll include it.

Regards and merry christmas for you too ;)

I'm looking forward for your rom. I'm going to flash it as soon as you upload it.

I have installed this rom. All options are presents and seems to work well. I've tested it for one day, but i had reboots so went back to stock based rom.
I had a memory problem too, for 1.11Gb total, 524 Mb of apps and only 150Mb available : where are the others ?

http://imgur.com/6UcVtv9

http://imgur.com/yOFzCcs

It's sad because i like this kind of rom...

Edited by dus40