[DEV][ROM][2.7.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest yotis1969

Congratulations KonstaT for your new work on Blade III, flexibility and new features that whenever presented diminishes the need for additional external programs. CPU frequency  control, I/O schedulers., memory control are important and they can make the difference. With Deep Sleep Battery Saver app, in custom mode, i start to charge battery after 4 days. I use only wifi for internet, only 2G for communication. I have notice during phone calls the CPU freq drops down to 122Mhz which means that battery not drains from that use and its good. I would like to thank you again because with your work you support people who are poor and they can not buy new smartphone in that crisis, every of your new rom its like a new phone purchase for us. We should be pleased with what we have. Greetings from Greece. :)

Guest bezkintos

This is not a big deal but has anyone noticed in 4.4.4 that icons on homescreen are slightly bigger? I have noticed that some of them are little blurry and I had a printscreen from 4.4.3 so I was able to compare (they are approximately 8% bigger than before in 4.4.3 - 8% is not much, it is hardly noticeable - firstly I have noticed the blur, not the enlargement). I know about setting in "{left-down button} / app settings / larger icons" but it is set to OFF and when I set it to ON the icons are even bigger.

Can it be set somewhere else and if so, what are the default values?

Edited by bezkintos

Guest Saky

Hm I did not noticed bigger icons  :huh: But I use Google Now launcher, not the default CM launcher  :D

I dont thing there is a way to set icon size...maybe you could try Nova launcher or Apex, it has plenty of options to play with  ;)

Guest wagnerltd

KonstaT, How to disable Google SearchBar at top of the screen?

The home menu in the settings, the "Trebuchet" has no settings only search. The CM11 - 4.4.3 into was off here.

Great Job :)!

Edited by wagnerltd

Guest dubstep774

How to disable Google SearchBar at top of the screen?

The home menu in the settings, the "Trebuchet" has no settings only search.

those options have been moved to the screen that shows up when you long press on your home screen and slide up (or click) the arow pointing up. It changes to an arow pointing down when the extra settings pop up (see picture)

post-1040424-0-00671900-1404396136_thumb

Edited by dubstep774

Guest vuj1ca

Is there a way to stop google services from killing my phone ?

Something is wrong with google services on this kit kat rom, had problems with the last 2 builds, haven't tried the last one yet.

Google servies are keeping my phone awake, no matter what i do.

be7d6r.png

Before Google Acount Manager, there was a Googol Backup Transport draining my battery, before i disabled it.

And Before that process, there was a Google Location Manager that kept my phone from sleep.

There is no pattern when it ocurs, phone enters this "Red Bull I Don't Wanna Sleep Mode" every now and then.

I tried everything, restarting, removing battery for 10 minutes, clearing dalvik, clean installs, different gaps, nothing worked.

Sometimes when i charge the phone to 100%, the phone returns  to normal stage, sometimes doesn't...

Guest mgulay

No previous small errors .howover;İn the performance settings had ''disable boot animation'' option.Not now. where is the''disable boot animation''option.

Good work .Thank you to everyone who contributed

Guest KonstaT

No previous small errors .howover;İn the performance settings had ''disable boot animation'' option.Not now. where is the''disable boot animation''option.

Good work .Thank you to everyone who contributed

Not anywhere anymore. It was never part of official CyanogenMod (CM branding is more important than boot time ;)) but I've had it as an additional feature in my builds for ages. I just decided to get rid of quite a lot of external patches recently, that's all.

Guest KonstaT

@KonstaT If I don't istall "gapps-kk-core-20140608.zip" can I still install apps from the Google Play Store like YouTube, WhatsApp, Facebook and co.? Gapps-kk.core only includes Google Mail, Google Maps, Google Voice Search and co. and I don't need that.

You've completely misunderstood this. You can't have Play Store or any Google apps (including YouTube) if you don't install Gapps package! You can install apps from other stores (e.g. Amazon, F-Droid, etc) as well as apk-files. Some third party (non-Google) apps also depend on the Google services framework (maps/location APIs, cloud messaging, in-app purchases, etc), so those apps don't work without Gapps package either.

gapps-kk-core-20140608.zip doesn't include Gmail, Maps, Google Search, YouTube, or any other Google apps that can be installed from the Play Store. It only has the core Google services frameworks, Play Store, and what is necessary for setting up and syncing your Google account (Contacs, Calendar, etc).

Guest Vertu

Earlier this evening, I've installed cm-11-20140607. Geez, so much options to mess arround with! :D At the moment, it works like a charm.Thanx a lot KonstaT.

Guest bezkintos

Hi KonstaT!

Great work!

I have noticed only one problem with wi-fi so I would like to ask here if you or anybody else have experienced the same.

It seems that if you set wi-fi on "keep wi-fi on during sleep only when plugged in" or "never", and leave the phone for 19 minutes (NOT plugged in), after that when it wakes it doesn't start wi-fi automatically. And if you try to enter the wi-fi settings, the wi-fi crashes (you end up at home screen with message that settings has stopped responding or something like that). The only way to make it work again is to do wi-fi off / wi-fi on before entering the wi-fi settings. After that wi-fi starts to work normally and you can without any problem enter the wi-fi settings and it doesn't crash any more (until you left the phone to sleep again for more than 19 minutes). If you use your phone before 19th minute has expired than wi-fi works normally.

Here is my device info

Here is the part of the logfile

I have noticed message in log file:  "WifiStateMachine(497): Driver start failed"  at time 19:27:59.991 and again at 19:28:10.030

That's the approximate time when I have waked the phone and where it should start the wi-fi, so I believe this messages have something to do with it.

I reinstalled 4.4.3. twice - it happenes every time.

I have the same problem with 4.4.3 and 4.4.4. It seems nobody else has this problem (or everyone keeps their 'keep wi-fi on during sleep' setting to "always" - so are unable to experience the problem), but I found the workaround using one simple app Screen Off Wifi Off so I want to share it here if anybody ever in the future stumble upon this problem. What this app do is that while you keep your wi-fi during sleep setting to "always" it turns OFF the wifi when you put your phone to sleep and turns it ON when you wake your phone. By doing so, you have the same effect like if you keep your 'keep wi-fi on during sleep' setting to "never".

Cheers!

Edited by bezkintos

Guest bezkintos

my wifi not work too.stuck at turning on and must reboot to turn it on :P

If you have the same problem as I have, than the only setting that will not cause you phone to crash is 'keep wi-fi on during sleep' set to "always". But than you have other problem that wifi will drain your battery. That's why I use the app mentioned in my previous post. It simulates manual turning wifi OFF before putting phone to sleep, and turning wifi ON after waking it up >>> this is exactly what the phone should do by itself if wifi during sleep setting is set to "never" or "only when plugged in" (>>during the time it is not plugged in)

Edited by bezkintos

Guest dubstep774

Good morning, it is true that it is coming ANDROID L on our device?

KonstaT did mention something about "If the source code for Android L comes out". We will just have to wait & see

Guest mimmo89

KonstaT did mention something about "If the source code for Android L comes out". We will just have to wait &

thanks for the reply friendly

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT did mention something about "If the source code for Android L comes out". We will just have to wait & see

There was no if in what I said. It's just something completely pointless to even discuss before it is officially released (with the complete source code pushed to AOSP). Knowing how stretched this device is even with KitKat (and adding that I have absolutely no reason to port L to this device), you shouldn't get your hopes up.

How about you ask that 4-5 months later when L-version (and it's source code) is released...

http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/the-l-is-for-later

Guest dubstep774

There was no if in what I said. You shouldn't get your hopes up.

A wise man once said "Hope always dies Last!". I don't think I have to say anything more XD

Guest dubstep774

can i put 32 gb UHS micro SD on this device?

Bro I had a 32 GB SD card in this phone from the moment I bought it! Although I don't know the difference between UHC Micro SD and a normal Micro SD.

Eddit: I just checked and mine is a Samsung 32 GB HC Micro SD

Edited by dubstep774