[DEV][ROM] [25.1] CyanogenMod 11.0 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest zeelog

In fact, GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk is missing in the new Google Apps !!

No it's not: pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20140208-stripped-signed.zip\system\app\GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk

Guest Number1One

Nearly purchased a new phone but this Rom really got my blade rocking again :)

Only thing annoying me is the home screen widgets. Can only have a 4x4 message widget (would prefer 4x2). Would love a Bloom FM music player widget instead of appollo. Any way to customise widgets? or do i need to try and new theme, or launcher? 

No it's not: pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20140208-stripped-signed.zip\system\app\GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk

You must have a different version of the linked gapps. Just redownloaded the gapps from the first page again, GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk is missing! But the ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk is available twice, one in apps and one in priv-apps. I am just going to add the contacts sync adapter from one of the older gapps.

Anyway I had a different problem on the first install of the 08.02. version. Complete wipe and format system, the setup wizard crashes on the first boot. There is no way to continue, had to revert to my cwm backup of the previous version. I flashed it twice, same result.

You must have a different version of the linked gapps. Just redownloaded the gapps from the first page again, GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk is missing! But the ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk is available twice, one in apps and one in priv-apps. I am just going to add the contacts sync adapter from one of the older gapps.

Hmm, yeah, the MD5 of my download doesn't match the one mentioned in the first post, but it matches goo.im. I tried redownloading and I keep getting the one with the contacts sync adapter, ie. the working one. So, gapps with MD5 6EBFABD1A0178B7062A626D2A6997269 definitely has the sync adapter. What's the MD5 of yours? Maybe some goo.im's mirror is corrupted..

So, here's the correct one:

File: pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20140208-stripped-signed.zip

CRC32: 7333F50F

MD5: 6EBFABD1A0178B7062A626D2A6997269

SHA-1: B2875148878AA756153FAA055B260A2A6A0040CA

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/fea9d34f

@zeelog: if you want the package taken down, please say so and I will take it down.

Edited by Janil

will the new Privacy Guard featuring to control apps from auto-starting be merged with next update?

had a little problem changing the ringtone volume with hardware keys, they did not respond... after a reboot it was working again...

i'm pretty sure that option is there, settings > privacy > privacy guard > advanced > app ops

Does this ROM have the script to redirect the Play Store downloads to the sd ext if the size of the cache partition is low (like 0.1 mb ) ?

not sure exactly what you mean, play store downloads are stored in data partition - in which case rom has already int2ext script by default, so if you have an sdext partition it should be recognized automatically

On a different note, I've updated the md5 of the latest gapps, this is the correct version: MD5: 6ebfabd1a0178b7062a626d2a6997269, seems like a goo.im issue, infact i'm still hanging tight  :P

"We are currently syncing all old data to our new system so please hang tight if things are not working properly!"

Edited by zeelog

Hmm, yeah, the MD5 of my download doesn't match the one mentioned in the first post, but it matches goo.im. I tried redownloading and I keep getting the one with the contacts sync adapter, ie. the working one. So, gapps with MD5 6EBFABD1A0178B7062A626D2A6997269 definitely has the sync adapter. What's the MD5 of yours? Maybe some goo.im's mirror is corrupted..

So, here's the correct one:

File: pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20140208-stripped-signed.zip

CRC32: 7333F50F

MD5: 6EBFABD1A0178B7062A626D2A6997269

SHA-1: B2875148878AA756153FAA055B260A2A6A0040CA

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/fea9d34f

@zeelog: if you want the package taken down, please say so and I will take it down.

no problem, actually it's better to have another mirror for the latest gapps...thanks  ;)

Is it possible that there's a problem with updating apps that are included in the gapps pack? Today I tried to update some apps in Play Store, and the result was this:

Hangouts (13.44 MB) - failed, insufficient storage

Maps (8.57 MB) - failed, insufficient storage

Instagram (10.29 MB) - success

Radaee PDF Reader (5.73 MB) - success

Both Hangouts and Maps are included in the gapps pack and failed to update.

edit:

BitTorrent (5.11 MB) and MX Player (8.04 MB) both successfully updated too.

Edited by sharix

Guest gerhardo

Is it possible that there's a problem with updating apps that are included in the gapps pack? Today I tried to update some apps in Play Store, and the result was this:

Hangouts (13.44 MB) - failed, insufficient storage

Updates that fail with "Insufficient Storage" may occur if the prevous version (or remains) cannot be replaced.

The problem occurs for many phones since 4.1 or so.

I have not found the definitive workaround, but anyone of the following can solve the problem:

1. Reboot

2. Uninstall and reinstall

3. Reboot to recovery, wipe cache and fix permissions

4. Uninstall, search /data for leftover files and delete them (with root privileges)

Guest raizor6th

Hi zeelog, first of all I would like to thank you this great accomplishment of yours. I'm very happy having KK on my rusty Blade :)

Just a few question, why I don't have Google Play installed on my device after installing the rom was it on purpose or it's my device that lacks system storage with only 160mb data. Sorry If I missed the issue about this.

Guest Hrosik97

Just a few question, why I don't have Google Play installed on my device after installing the rom was it on purpose or it's my device that lacks system storage with only 160mb data. Sorry If I missed the issue about this.

Your system partition is too small, so GApps (Play,...) didn't get installed. Just upgrade to 180MB. I tried deleting some useless apps and flash it on 160MB, but it was still too big for my system partition.

Guest gerhardo

why I don't have Google Play installed on my device after installing the rom was it on purpose or it's my device that lacks system storage with only 160mb data. Sorry If I missed the issue about this.

180 Mb /system partition requirement is on the top of the first post

Guest gunablade

How i know about my device partition whether 160 MB or 180 MB? Because after installing Kitkat, System is very slow and Battery drains is high.

My Partition Info

/ System  182 MB/215 MB

/ data 176 MB/204 MB

/ cache 1.32 MB/37.50 MB

Please guide me