[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest anotherjib

I've a problem when I connect y300 to pc. It charges, but I cannot transfer files because I've no notification of USB connection on phone. I tried also to change in build.prop from MTP to Mass Storage, but nothing appened. First time it connected, but after a while it reboots and from that moment I'm unable to connect trough USB... I'm on 7.4.

Did you make sure that the appropriate drivers are installed on pc? Does your y300 show up in devices and in the device manager?

Guest kekkox88

Did you make sure that the appropriate drivers are installed on pc? Does your y300 show up in devices and in the device manager?

No, I can't see it. But first time, when I connect, I've installed driver and it worked. After a while the phone reboots itself during connection and from since it doesn't connect and isn't seen in devices.

Guest anotherjib

No, I can't see it. But first time, when I connect, I've installed driver and it worked. After a while the phone reboots itself during connection and from since it doesn't connect and isn't seen in devices.

Is usb debugging on when this happens?

Does adb see the device?

Guest ZolaIII

Tried with debugging on and also with off, but nothing change. About adb I don't know...

Do a complete wipe & reinstall ROM & gapps. Something got broken (written incorrectly) when you had first reboot (kernel panic). :P

Guest Domstadt

I asked a few days ago and got some answers, but I'm not completly sure yet.

Should I update from 7.2 to 7.8? 

Right now, I get decent screen-on-time. (Right in this second 38% by 3h 8min screen-on-time). Are there any important fixes and performance boosts between this two versions? 

Guest kekkox88

Do a complete wipe & reinstall ROM & gapps. Something got broken (written incorrectly) when you had first reboot (kernel panic). :P

I'm waiting for 8.0 in these days to make a full clear installation :)

Guest chil360

@Chil360

Can you make an experimental build with kgsl update from moddingg33k ?

I think you are busy these days...well,take you time ;)

Yes, I have been busy with other things recently and haven't had much time play with android stuff. When I have had time, I've been experimenting on something - if I make any more progress I will share what I have been working on or call for help!!

I have looked at moddingg33k's kgsl update - it it something I have also experimented with in the past - and I agree with moddingg33k. This update on it's own will not help our device. Graphics performance is actually slower. Without a full CAF kernel (kgsl, ion, fb, ...) , full CAF rom (display-caf instead of display-legacy) and newer adreno blobs, adding this kgsl update is pointless.

If you really want I could make a test kernel zip with these patches so you can try for yourselves but I am not going to add them to my main kernel release.

BanKs GApps - It's a shame that he has stopped making it - I have been using his minimal version for a long time. I have just been trying the new PA nano gapps and so far it seems good so this will be my new replacement.

Guest Charrua155

I've been having a strange problem the last few days. I had been without internet connection for a few days (travel issues) and when I got it back, Play Store started to update some apps. After a while, the phone became unresponsive (no way to wake him). Rebooted, same issue. Booted into recovery, flashed the stock backup, all well.

Today, I flashed 7.4 and Gapps again (previous wipes, etc.), everything seemed to work. Started to update apps with Play Store, and after some time, same thing.

Black screen with status bar, unresponsive, etc.

¿Any idea what may be the issue? I used Titanium to restore apps, but the problem seems to appear when Play Store tries to update.

Nice one - upgraded from 7.8 up to 7.9 without any problems. Looks good! :)

Just a question.. How high is your score with Antutu benchmark? I guess 11052 is okay? Tried last time with 7.8 Slimkat.

Guest luca020400

They say it's incompatible with the dark theme but there are a lot of roms with the slimkat theme and theme support

But i think they aren't working on :D

upgraded to 7.9 so far so good.  by the way textplus doesn't work since 7.8, not sure if it is the rom or the textplus update.  uninstalled it since I don't have a data plan.