[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Its related to "HQ" playback only!

I am just wondering did anyone try to build from sms8610 manifest as its closest relative to 8225 that have a on going development in process!?¿

LNX.LA.3.5-08410-8x10.0.xml

https://www.codeaurora.org/cgit/quic/la/device/qcom/common/tag/?id=LNX.LA.3.5-08410-8x10.0

This one is for 4.4.2

It uses a QDSP5, its not much changed cortex a7 x2 so most optimized libs should work including: OMX qualcom, bionic, dalvik...

This can fix much problems that we have bat it needs work!

Not the best bat closest match that is there.

Its modem wise closer to msm8625 & the GPU (Adreno 302) is actually based on Adreno 200 bat that's not a problem since current used binary blobs are OK.

It can currently fix OMX media support for us!!!

This is good but i think we have not devs now for doing this, because dazzozo is out for a while and kra1o5 has a new phone, btw this thing of the HQ pixelation is only on youtube, because if i see video with other app, video in HQ are fine

Edited by fonz93

post-1032852-13910215511987_thumb.jpg

Playing with my home screen.

I like sense 5/blinkfeed and trying something similar on my y300.

I couldn't do this on cm11 as nova launcher kept crashing.

No such issues with slimkat :-D

Guest Tommy21

Flashed rc1 when it came out and so far it works fine.Had one random reboot on art,so i reverted back to dalvik.Battery consumption is same like on stock,it sometimes lags a little and sometime whatsapp messages are coming a little late when the phone is sleeping.It does have few minor bugs,but i can live with it.This is the most stable non stock rom for y300,it doesn't have ton of options i don't use and maybe that's why the rom is stable.

Guest nirmalbalaji

Its related to "HQ" playback only!

I am just wondering did anyone try to build from sms8610 manifest as its closest relative to 8225 that have a on going development in process!?¿

LNX.LA.3.5-08410-8x10.0.xml

https://www.codeaurora.org/cgit/quic/la/device/qcom/common/tag/?id=LNX.LA.3.5-08410-8x10.0

This one is for 4.4.2

It uses a QDSP5, its not much changed cortex a7 x2 so most optimized libs should work including: OMX qualcom, bionic, dalvik...

This can fix much problems that we have bat it needs work!

Not the best bat closest match that is there.

Its modem wise closer to msm8625 & the GPU (Adreno 302) is actually based on Adreno 200 bat that's not a problem since current used binary blobs are OK.

It can fix OMX media support for us!

Daz should consider this when he come back.

Guest Romagnolo1973

KitKat & Notificatin Delay Issue
The problem is nor related with SlimKat but is a Google problem and how android is designed imho

In JB the issue was the same, because is normal that when in iddle 3g module go to off after some minutes of screen inactivity, so a notification is showed only when you wakeup the screen.

In JB there was a solution: under Wifi&Network setting - others - Mobile networks - there was a item called "Always On Mobile "

With this setting active there was not delay notification, but there was a big battery drain

Now in KK this setting is missed, so is normal have this notification delay.

I think there are app on playstore to solve this issue and allow a "Always on" setting

In Italy we use an apps called Auto3G https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.slv3r.auto3g&hl=it

It does not match perfectly allowing data on, It wakeup 3g conectivity every 15 minutes (or more if you set different) when screen is off so you can receive notification almost in realtime or with a little delay

I can confirm bug with viber voice calls and voice messages, when i play them or try to call someone, it shows viber has stoped working

Updated viber to latest version didnt help :-s

Guest alicheusz

Rom is not stable while in navigation like every CM. After some time around 45 min or more phone restarts. Sometimes gps fixate and becoming crazy, screen rotate 180 degrees forth and back. I thing that very little people use this phone for GPS navigation. Nobody reporting that problem.

Guest Romagnolo1973

Rom is not stable while in navigation like every CM. After some time around 45 min or more phone restarts. Sometimes gps fixate and becoming crazy, screen rotate 180 degrees forth and back. I thing that very little people use this phone for GPS navigation. Nobody reporting that problem.

Sure I have tried it for 40 km with no issue using a third party navigator (Sygic). 

The only things to do is disable privacyguard for Sygic or it was not able to find satelite connection. Disabled it the fix was perfect in only few seconds and no issue suring the 40 minutes I have use it 

Could be you don't disable privacyguard for your navigation app and this can cause some problems?

I was using GPS few times already with iGo, no issues so far. Didn't have to change any setting to get it working

Cheers.

Nearly time for me to go... Moto G finally unlocked...

U know i came this close to buying a moto g out of of tesco (£99)!!!!!

I needed a replacement for my 1st y300 that had been crushed by a rather large Toyota forklift truck but when faced with spending either £99 or £49 (+£10 top up) the y300 won.

Good luck with the moto g :-)

Guest ZolaIII

Motorola is no more in a Google's possession its sold out to Lenovo.

There is much multimedia related problems & multiple memory issues that cause a kernel hang ups (onli mem related ones).

Viber uses a moded codec for audio so that's going to be difficult.

I am back to stock so try setting a cash pressure to let's say 80 (100 is default) & see if it helps.

Motorola is no more in a Google's possession its sold out to Lenovo.

There is much multimedia related problems & multiple memory issues that cause a kernel hang ups (onli mem related ones).

Viber uses a moded codec for audio so that's going to be difficult.

I am back to stock so try setting a cash pressure to let's say 80 (100 is default) & see if it helps.

Much multimedia issues?

Where?

I had huge audio issues with cm11, none whatsoever with slimkat (already well documented here)

Multiple memory issues?

I have not had anything of the sort.....

I'm puzzled once again that some people ate having weird and bad problems whilst others don't have any problems at all.

Had anyone stopped for a second and considered that some of their apps they use might be suspect?

I don't use viber for a start but I can't run go launcher without it causing bad lag so I don't use it........

I'm sorry for you it didn't work but for me its great !!!!

Guest ZolaIII

Much multimedia issues?

Where?

I had huge audio issues with cm11, none whatsoever with slimkat (already well documented here)

Multiple memory issues?

I have not had anything of the sort.....

I'm puzzled once again that some people ate having weird and bad problems whilst others don't have any problems at all.

Had anyone stopped for a second and considered that some of their apps they use might be suspect?

I don't use viber for a start but I can't run go launcher without it causing bad lag so I don't use it........

I'm sorry for you it didn't work but for me its great !!!!

When game's, gallery some other huge apps crash or cause a restart that's basically it. With every gallery app I had this problem when chasing up thumbs! It's supposedly fixed (check the Slims change log) bat they really didn't fix it yet. This really don't happen with apps to often. Did you try to play some video's from system based players? You will see what I am talking about when you do.You know that their is a lot more to it then just a MPG software decoding...

If I did correctly noticed this usually happens when system trays to reclaim memory so cash pressure parameters can probably help a little anyway it will speed up UI a little bat I don't recommend a silly lo values.

When game's, gallery some other huge apps crash or cause a restart that's basically it. With every gallery app I had this problem when chasing up thumbs! It's supposedly fixed (check the Slims change log) bat they really didn't fix it yet. This really don't happen with apps to often. Did you try to play some video's from system based players? You will see what I am talking about when you do.You know that their is a lot more to it then just a MPG software decoding...

If I did correctly noticed this usually happens when system trays to reclaim memory so cash pressure parameters can probably help a little anyway it will speed up UI a little bat I don't recommend a silly lo values.

OK valid point.

I don't notice this that much.

I'm just not seeing the issues described or the reboots/crashes.

I'm I'm not saying they don't happen.....

My y 300 is in my pocket or locker at work most of the day.

But you make very fair and valid points some may find difficult to understand.

I wander if the dev might like to add his opinion?

:-)