[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest Chefo93

I've found the way to enable usb mass storage.

In build.prop, you have to modify this line: 

persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb

to:

persist.sys.usb.config=mass_storage,adb

To have the storage correctly found, you have to keep usb debugging disabled

Mate, there is an easier way. Under Settings -> Storage press the options button, then USB computer connection and choose Mass storage. That way I use to mount internal and external SD cards while having USB debugging enabled, try it out. :)

Guest rederik75

Mate, there is an easier way. Under Settings -> Storage press the options button, then USB computer connection and choose Mass storage. That way I use to mount internal and external SD cards while having USB debugging enabled, try it out. :)

Yes, I tried, but it didn't work... It's the same menu that came out when I plugged the usb, but when I chose mass storage I had no results, don't know why...

Guest ZolaIII

Test build is a test build & purpose is to find eventual bugs!

We isolated a process that's making a battery drain its a qosmng (QoS - quality of service) we are trying to determine with what is it related: governors (new ones or all) or a general kernel or module implementation of it self or in kernel.

As it is pretty hard to track as it manifest only sometimes & after several hours of usage so pleas test & report back!

It can be easily disabled bat it will have a generally negative effect on performance so we want to avoid that.

It manifests as abnormal CPU usage of process system android or more precisely as Linux process qosmng.

Thanks in advance!

Guest Romagnolo1973

Test build is a test build & purpose is to find eventual bugs!

We isolated a process that's making a battery drain its a qosmng (QoS - quality of service) we are trying to determine with what is it related: governors (new ones or all) or a general kernel or module implementation of it self or in kernel.

As it is pretty hard to track as it manifest only sometimes & after several hours of usage so pleas test & report back!

It can be easily disabled bat it will have a generally negative effect on performance so we want to avoid that.

It manifests as abnormal CPU usage of process system android or more precisely as Linux process qosmng.

Thanks in advance!

raname it to qosmng.bak? http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/249962-android-system-eating-your-battery-check.html

Guest andrea2107

Sorry might be off topic, whats the font name using in this rom? i want to use in stock rom

Roboto,but 4.4 version is little different from roboto of the stock

I updated today to the beta ROM... The transparent bar is only avalaible when the phone is locked.

And I feel a little lag when I'm unlocking the phone (and yes, I did wipes before update :P )

BTW, all ok :)

Guest tadopogi

working fm radio. full hwa. cm10 or stock rom smoothness.

until all these missing pieces are not met, im not switching to kitkat.

but still hoping...

working fm radio. full hwa. cm10 or stock rom smoothness.

until all these missing pieces are not met, im not switching to kitkat.

but still hoping...

But SlimKat is smoothness than the stock ROM. I can Play games like Sonic Dash that in stock crashes and is very very slow.

Also has hwa support and has an excelent playback using this method...

Maybe SlimKat hasn't FM Radio, but is the fastest ROM that I've tried... :P

Guest coavasic96

@chil360 Can you add some cpu governors or IO scheduler in your kernel? Maybe you can add CPU/GPU overclock. That would be great. I only ask. (sorry for bad English) :D 

Guest rederik75

Installed test version yesterday, and for the first time Im experiencing stuttering audio while playing music or phone ringing. I don't have any DSP.

Now I'm doing some tests playing with performance control setting, as I suspect it has something to do with dynamic fsync and dynamic dirty page writeback...

Guest ZolaIII

Those games crashes because your device is not powerful enough.

Jour nickname actually suits you!

Actually most of the games are not compatible with 4.4 (not to mention with ART) & older ones will newer be.

If GPU is slow that's a reason only for games to run slower.

@ farxix

If you use GL Tools shaders optimizations with game disable it!

@ Jonny I really don't have a clue what's wrong with that remote (it could be a improper codec manifest inherited hire from CM (this will be fixed soon))?

Dos it do any real job on smartphone side?

A tip: let the system settle down for around 30 min after boot (based on my experience with Antutu 3D test).

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest ZolaIII

Installed test version yesterday, and for the first time Im experiencing stuttering audio while playing music or phone ringing. I don't have any DSP.

Now I'm doing some tests playing with performance control setting, as I suspect it has something to do with dynamic fsync and dynamic dirty page writeback...

Not really more likely with process prioretis (core Linux ones & app ones) much like a hardware back & menu buttons.

Guest rederik75

Not really more likely with process prioretis (core Linux ones & app ones) much like a hardware back & menu buttons.

I thought of them because related to I/O stream, but the problem wasn't there... What could it be? I think that's something in the kernel (if I understood well this test rom has a custom one), because with the RC3 rom there were no problems at all. Nor I had with CM11 or fusionX, anyway

Guest ZolaIII

I thought of them because related to I/O stream, but the problem wasn't there... What could it be? I think that's something in the kernel (if I understood well this test rom has a custom one), because with the RC3 rom there were no problems at all. Nor I had with CM11 or fusionX, anyway

I actually answered you! & its present in every release up to now...

Guest rederik75

Sorry Zola, I've read your previous post, but really I don't understand... Do you mean that this problem with music has to be addressed to the new kernel and that there's no way to solve it?