[Tweaks] A quest to make KitKat Smoooth

Guest laurisss

Guest george109

but those force closes are e.g. going to facebook and when pressing home button the launcher "reboots"?

Facebook does not work with ART. If the launcher reboots try another launcher. The one you are using now may be incompatible

Guest noobster

As long as i used it no. But with some apps it will just force close like Nova launcher will just force close, and i need it so i have dalvik now. But ART may have more performance and battery.

Try nova launcher 2.3 beta2

as far as i can see it doesnt force close.

Performance is slightly improved

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest jokny

Two download links in the OP are the same. Maybe you wanna fix it... ;)

Edited by jokny

Guest laurisss

Two download links in the OP are the same. Maybe you wanna fix it... ;)

I don't see any, could you tell me specificlly wich ones?

Guest jokny

Guest rhen
I posted this in the CM11 thread a week ago, but looks like this place is better for this type of post.

This looks really promising: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2754997

Someone may try to compile a ROM with that.

Looks awesome   B)

If someone would try to build CM11, Omni or other KK ROM with these tweaks, it would be interesting to see if it really speed things up.

Guest Fagulhas

I posted this in the CM11 thread a week ago, but looks like this place is better for this type of post.

If someone would try to build CM11, Omni or other KK ROM with these tweaks, it would be interesting to see if it really speed things up.

Already compileda few builds with these tweaks, the "speed" increase is minor and some minor issues pop up, tho those can be solved.

Guest rhen

Already compileda few builds with these tweaks, the "speed" increase is minor and some minor issues pop up, tho those can be solved.

The linked post shows that the increase can be 200% in particular tests.

Have you tried with KK ROM's?

Can I try your ROM's?

Edited by rhen

Guest rhen

My antutu score gone from 5054 to 5287 @ 1200mhz , it does improve slightly. but not 200% ;)

Overall it is only 5% but if all the plus score come from the CPU that means 40% increase in that part.

How can you overclock the CPU? (Dazzozo doesn't make it available for the 3.4 kernel)

Guest Fagulhas

Overall it is only 5% but if all the plus score come from the CPU that means 40% increase in that part.

How can you overclock the CPU? (Dazzozo doesn't make it available for the 3.4 kernel)

I have my own kernel and device tree. I will release it at some point

Guest laurisss

My antutu score gone from 5054 to 5287 @ 1200mhz , it does improve slightly. but not 200% ;)

Wait what?! Kitkat scores over 5000 for you? When i had cm 11 installed my max was 4500, and oc? genius. Can you put it on gb? GBXTREME to be specific. Thanks!