Coolpad F1 8297w

Guest bryfly

Guest bryfly

I have tried but the speed dial wont send direct dial shortcuts to the desktop, and display settings crashes when it is selected.

Ok, did not realise you wanted to place the direct dial short cut on the desktop, as for display crashing when selected in settings, mine is fine the only crash I get is if I select Data usage.

Guest sonicprogress

I've just ordered one of these from aliexpress to replace my aging G300... :)

What is the likelyhood of getting a kitkat rom on this beast at some point in the future?

Guest Maringer

There have been rumours that MediaTek will release Android 4.4 for MT6592 devices in May but whether this comes to fruition or not is a different matter. Even if they were to supply the code for KitKat to the manufacturers, you'd then have to rely on them to actually go to the effort and expense of producing a ROM, something which might not be too likely for most of them.

Of course, it would be helpful if MediaTek fulfilled their responsibilities under GPL and released some source code! :angry:

Edited by Maringer

Guest grabster

Does everyone have the settings crash out when selecting display settings?

Also when pressing data usage ?

I am also unable to change the apn settings,they are all greyed out and i am unable to edit them.

Still a great phone though...the wife loves it,shame about the niggles.

Guest bryfly

Does everyone have the settings crash out when selecting display settings?

Also when pressing data usage ?

I am also unable to change the apn settings,they are all greyed out and i am unable to edit them.

Still a great phone though...the wife loves it,shame about the niggles.

Strange, as I reported I have the same problem with crash on pressing data usage, no problems with display settings or setting APN's, had to enter mine and they went in fine.....doesn't help I know but I do not know what to suggest, it looks like the crash on selecting data usage is common

Edited by bryfly

Guest grabster

Will contact him on monday..... Used the English CWM from needrom http://www.needrom.com/mobile/english-recovery-coolpad-f1-8297w/ worked fine. Now have it in English thank goodness

Trying to install this but when running mobileuncle it brings up a list of recoverys and i cant figure which one to go for.

ok...got it installed.

Edited by grabster

Guest bryfly

Sounds like the same problem I had until I realised I had to take out the img file from the rar file and put it on my sd card then mobile uncle recognised it

Guest dakok

How come nobody among you UK guys bought it from JingDong?

I tried, bit they do not send phones and tablets to Croatia, yet. :(

They are official Coolpad F1 store with 1.6b USD contract, signed recently

Guest dakok

A honest chinese seller - I like them just for that :)

Funny - in UK customs office doesn't bother much with parcel real value and JD has to send a real bill.

Here, in Croatia, customs office requests the original bill and we have to count in 25% for every China shipment - and JD won't deliver!

No luck with them for the time being.

Pitty, they have a very good China brand phone selection - No cubots and other China international "brands"

Guest Maringer

Can somebody who has the phone tell me how the back casing feels - is it grippy or slippy? ;)

I'm still considering buying one but I've needed to order a case for my past couple of phones as the slick casing has proven too slippery to hold safely. If slippery, I note that a Nillkin grippy case is available so that is one option or I suppose a super-cheapo TPU case could be a choice as well.

Thoughts would be gratefully received.

Guest grabster

Can somebody who has the phone tell me how the back casing feels - is it grippy or slippy? ;)

I'm still considering buying one but I've needed to order a case for my past couple of phones as the slick casing has proven too slippery to hold safely. If slippery, I note that a Nillkin grippy case is available so that is one option or I suppose a super-cheapo TPU case could be a choice as well.

Thoughts would be gratefully received.

Well its nowhere near as slippy as my motog .

I find that with a slimmer larger phone it sits better in the hand anyway.

I got the wife a tpu gel case as well and her tiny hands have no problem with it.

She loves it compared to her ancient umix1.

Guest Maringer

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds encouraging but I'm not a fan of white phones so I think I'll probably have to look to get some kind of a case if I take the plunge. Currently looking on Aliexpress at a Chinese seller with 99.9% positive feedback (!), yet still a good price. I'll ask a couple of questions from them before moving any further.

Guest bryfly

Currently looking on Aliexpress at a Chinese seller with 99.9% positive feedback (!), yet still a good price. I'll ask a couple of questions from them before moving any further.

Who are you looking at, the wife wants one now but my supplier price and delivery has gone up to about £142..from £114

Guest kompot

Hi guys!

I'm planning to order Coolpad F1 from that guy. Any experience with that seller? Also, can you advice which shipment way is more secure to avoid taxes, duty etc in UK? Better to choose Singapore Post or DHL?

I'd be grateful for info

Guest Ascend

I have just ordered from same company. No problems. Mine is due to be delivered today. I used DHL and there were no extra charges. He was only charging about twelve dollars foe DHL which is well worth it in my opinion.

Guest bryfly

Hi guys!

I'm planning to order Coolpad F1 from that guy. Any experience with that seller? Also, can you advice which shipment way is more secure to avoid taxes, duty etc in UK? Better to choose Singapore Post or DHL? 

I'd be grateful for info

Thanks for info on that Guy I have had no experience with that supplier, over the years had 4 phones from China by Post and never been charged taxes etc, never used courier but have read lots of posts that say they have had taxes to pay via DHL etc....

Guest Ascend

From what I can see whether you pay vat and duty is down to luck. Over the past year I have ordered about ten items from China and only once had to pay duty etc. Most of these came by DHL.

Guest bryfly

Has anybody had a problem with email crashing, im sure mine was OK but now when I go to read email, i get "unfortunately email has stopped working".

Also downloaded 2 roms from needrom, from reading up I guess we have to be careful whether it is a wcdma rom, if it is the wrong type will it just fail install ?

Edited by bryfly

Guest bryfly

Also downloaded 2 roms from needrom, from reading up I guess we have to be careful whether it is a wcdma rom, if it is the wrong type will it just fail install ?

just tried this rom from needrom (Coolpad_8297W_NOTE3_0412.zip) did not work on mine or I gave up to quickly, it seemed to be in a boot loop for 20 mins, so chicken out and did a backup restore