Coolpad F1 8297w

Guest bryfly

Guest goodfella123

I was using MIUI v02 by emjot, but have now installed Pure AOSP v2.0. Thanks for the recommendation slime00.

I was happy enough with MIUI and Nova launcher on top. Unfortunately with the MIUI rom, i always felt there was a 2-step app management type thing going on i.e. if i changed a setting i wondered if it would need changing again somewhere else.

Now on Pure AOSP v02 i have only enabled developer options and let play store install my apps and i'm more or less back to what i'm used to.

The menu's seem slick, it's rooted and g-apps is pre-installed. Nova launcher is also pre-installed and the whole rom generally has a more familiar feel to it for me personally.

Also, my service provider (GiffGaff) is recognised on Pure v02 rom, but on MIUI only the parent network (O2) was recognised.

With regards to the bricking, the warning about formatting the memory card using the phone is still there, unless the note is still there from v01 ?

Also, reading previous comments about battery life, i think it is good

However, does anyone think the battery takes a long time to charge (not that this is a bad thing)?

Guest slime00

one user of the italian forum told me he formatted the sd and nothing wrong happened, so the warning is only for 1.0, but I didn't test it personally, i always use the PC to format the SD with every rom and mobile. SuperSU needs to be updated as one of the first things, otherwise it may close some apps like root explorer. Everything else is perfect.

Guest goodfella123

That's ok, yes i'd say a full charge takes approx 3hrs too.

Is this better for the battery long term?

The reason i ask is my Huawei G300 could charge fully in approx 40mins.

Would this have had a special setting in the rom. It was 4.4 Ultra if i remember correctly. 

Guest goodfella123

slime00, just gone into superSU and have chosen to update by CWM.

I am now in CWM and at the top it states 'rom may flash stock recovery on boot. Fix?'

I think i am being asked to select 'yes- disable recovery flash'.

Is this correct?

Edited by goodfella123

Guest bryfly

It's better from the other AOSP and now has also correct memories and libs updated... I think it's the best Rom right now, light and snappy!

I agree re the ROM really good, just come across one hiccup, google maps updates itself, the maps icon disappears and you have to reboot to make it reappear in app's, it then malfunctions , it appears to start twice one on top of the other then it stops working, without the update it works fine, anybody else noticed this prob?

Guest dakok

This happens when you flash a new rom with a recovery inside. I saw that in many chinese roms when the rom installation wants to flash it's own recovery.

If you chose YES, it should mean that you want to keep your old recovery.

That's ok, yes i'd say a full charge takes approx 3hrs too.

Is this better for the battery long term?

The reason i ask is my Huawei G300 could charge fully in approx 40mins.

Would this have had a special setting in the rom. It was 4.4 Ultra if i remember correctly. 

Slower charging is better for battery. Another advice is to charge it before it drops to 15%.

Guest goodfella123

Thanks dakok, i did choose yes, but CWM has asked me this twice more when i've been in CWM to make a backup.

Good news about battery life, should last a while due to slower charging.

I think the charging reminder is approx 15% so that makes sense not to let it drop any lower.

Will check the google maps thing tonight.

Guest slime00

Had this chat with someone inside (or at least, very close to) Coolpad.

Yesterday
got inside information, the current version of F1 is in the development of an overseas-based 4.4 system, but sold in some country, is not easy to reveal 
2014-6-4 08:37 

You 
So are they planning to release an overseas release of the F1 (Unicom?) With 4.4?
2014-6-4 09:57 

Yes, but  I do not know the specific time to market, it belongs to  company's secrets
2014-6-4 14:09

Guest iso4

I agree re the ROM really good, just come across one hiccup, google maps updates itself, the maps icon disappears and you have to reboot to make it reappear in app's, it then malfunctions , it appears to start twice one on top of the other then it stops working, without the update it works fine, anybody else noticed this prob?

Same thing happens to me - with update it crash - without run smooth

Guest dakok

Plus, I managed to extract, file to file, that mtktweak app for 6592. This app is very popular in China roms, it seems able to change the clock of our cpu, and also ram usage to save battery consumption. but it's in chinese. If there is someone able to understand and translate this, i could upload the flashable zip I made!

Yes, there is someone that translated this. It is Prince Paul K from MIUI forum.

MTKTweak Tool v14

Info source

Download

Installation: Copy to /system/app/  [You should know how to do it properly :)]

Edited by dakok

Guest slime00

That one seems to be mt6589t-optimized (it also shows it when you open the app), I have one for our mt6592 and managed to do a flashable zip to have it as system app, but everything is in chinese! If someone could translate it, i would be happy to share this (otherwhise unusable) zip pack!

Guest slime00

hey dakok! I tried coloros and it's a great rom! Unfortunately, whatsapp seems to not work with this rom, have you tried it?

Guest dakok

No. I use viber. Color OS is a bit

laggy now, but I know now that it

is a very interesting rom and the guy

who made it knows what he is doing.

It is worth remembering and flashing

when it becomes more mature...

Guest slime00

yes, an user told me this is still a beta version and a porting from a snapdragon phone, when mtk versions will be out, for sure we'll have better portings! It's nice but whatsapp is very very important for a lot of users here, so it's a no for now!

Guest dalyer

No. I use viber. Color OS is a bit

laggy now, but I know now that it

is a very interesting rom and the guy

who made it knows what he is doing.

It is worth remembering and flashing

when it becomes more mature...

Are you going to stick with it for now or try something else?

Guest dakok

:) :) :D
That is right, I completely forgot about it.
I will have to pick another one...
Thanks

I'll pick one of these:

Baidu, Lewa or Mogu OS (it looks like pure android, slimmed down to 150 MB)

Flashing Mogu

Nice - CM boot animation :)

It has root...

Multilanguage 

Čeština

Deutch

English

Espanol

Filipino

Francais

Italiano

Magyar

Nederlands

Portugues

Romana

Viet Nam

Turkce

Russian

Greek

Thai, Arabian, Hebrew (I am guessing this ones :))

It throws some errors with Google play, but it is solvable by visiting apps - google play and google services

and delete cache and data there.

Prepare Kii keyboard or another, 

EDIT: No good, this one - google play does not work - I tried few things, but can't make it work.

Pitty, since the rom is fast and smooth :(

Edited by dakok

Guest dalyer

So is Jonzalvo's AOSP Pure v2.0 considered the best of the lot right now?

(I'm trying carefully NOT to ask "what is the best ROM?" :D).