Coolpad F1 8297w

Guest bryfly

Guest slime00

great work emjot! (even if italian for some sort of mistery disappeared) :) I've seen that you put inside mtktweaks, but i think that version is for mt6582, in this topic on the previous page I posted the mt6592 version, should be more accurate! :)
I like very much MIUI, but is there a way to reduce its ram consumption? on the first boot, with only the system, it drains 1gb! 

Guest pletko

damn guys, you keep dragging me from one rom to another. just as i was getting used to jonzalvo's non-vibrating rom there goes emjot launching the next version of miui. screw you :)

btw just one note

ALWAYS check your pocket when you leave the car because you phone could fall out of it and get left in the car in the noon sun (11:00 am - 02:00 pm). not good for your phone. when i realized i don't have my phone anywhere near me i ran out to my car and yeah.. there it was. screen down (thank god for the white back cover otherwise i presume it would've been worse). i grabbed my phone but it was so hot i couldn't even hold it

so i went inside and realized it shut down, the poor thing. i tried turning it on but as soon as the boot animation appeared, it just seemed to fade away and the phone was once again dead. quickly i ran to my office, took it apart and took out the battery. it was sizzling hot!

anyway, i waited for a couple of minutes until it cooled down to a more acceptable temperature, placed the battery in its place and turned it on. it's working. for now anyway. later today i ordered a replacement battery, just in case. i'll report the situation here as it develops. i just hope that shutting down was the only effect of the heat... oh well... i guess we'll see

Guest slime00

as you can see in this 69 pages (!) topic, there are some chinese users that complain about battery deformation, they usually notice this when their phone shuts down. So be careful if you use the phone until the replacement battery arrives, or you may damage the phone or, even worse, it might explode!

Guest emjot

great work emjot! (even if italian for some sort of mistery disappeared) :) I've seen that you put inside mtktweaks, but i think that version is for mt6582, in this topic on the previous page I posted the mt6592 version, should be more accurate! :)

I like very much MIUI, but is there a way to reduce its ram consumption? on the first boot, with only the system, it drains 1gb! 

Unfortunatley, bitbucket.org is down - Italian translation was hosted there... I do not have it backed on my HDD, as during multilanguage processing it consumes more than 2GB of space... When it is up and running again I will post update.

Guest Maringer

I've updated to the latest MIUI v04 but, unfortunately, Maps still crashes.

I've tried wiping the cache and uninstalling/reinstalling, but with the same problem.

I rarely use maps so this isn't much of a problem (Maps still works via browser), but it would be nice to know what was causing this issue so we could look to resolve it!

Guest dakok

I have that with 029 rom, too. Wiped cache and dalvik cache in cwm, but it didn't help. Maps were fine with first rom releases.

Guest bryfly

delete maps, try to find version 8.0.0 and don't update it, it should work

Found 3 versions of maps here http://www.xda-developers.com/android/apk-google-maps-8-brings-lane-guidance-offline-maps-management-location-filters-uber-support-and-improved-public-transit/

now got working maps, had to use version API 14 could not make the others work, turned off auto update until there is a fix.

Guest slime00

MIUI v04 is updated with Italian. File is 523MB.

Thank you very much emjot! :) but I found a bug which seems annoying: sometimes there is an issue with proximity sensor, it happens that the screen turns black and doesn't re-activate, the only thing to do is to remove battery. If you check and fix this, i think the rom will be almost flawless!

Edited by slime00

Guest jay0ind

yes, an user told me this is still a beta version and a porting from a snapdragon phone, when mtk versions will be out, for sure we'll have better portings! It's nice but whatsapp is very very important for a lot of users here, so it's a no for now!

ColorOS Version 1.4 for Coolpad F1 8297w (WHATSAPP Perfect Working in this version)

http://www.7to.cn/androidrom/romdetail/2871

Guest gordito

im sorry for my rudeness not to search the topic, but i need some information fast, since i have to prepare this phone and give it to a friend (i ordered it for him)

What is the latest official multilang rom that can be rooted??

Guest slime00

I made a review in the other topic:

Coolpad F1 review

(lots of photo samples)

thank you very much, dakok! :) Nice photos, camera does well in daylight, but many in china say it could work even better with proper software optimization (apparently uses the same camera as some top-tier phones), coolpad engineers seem a bit lost on this and asked users what version of the camera they preferred,  maybe they will start working on the camera based on that poll!

Guest dakok

@gordito

I don't know. Most of the factory roms from China forums are not multilanguage.

I guess that multilanguage option is added from sellers.

You should contact them.

Another option is to use multilanguage MIUI - check if the Greek language is inside. 

@Slime00

Interesting stuff :D

Edited by dakok

Guest Bennets

Got my Coolpad F1 for a couple of days ago, Works good from start.

MY phone was rooted and with mobileuncle tools and google play installed already when i got it, its running Jonzalvo v1.0 i think its not so bad with this room, but are the newer rooms much better then this version im running?

Im thinking iof maybe newest version of ASOP or Color OS.

Can i just install CWM and start flashing a new room direct from the firmware im running?

Have also a Xiaomi Mi2 and have flashed it 30 times so im used to flashing with cwm is there any special thing you need to know thats difference from flashing a xiaomi phone?

Regards

Guest gordito

gordito, there is the MIUI in needrom with working greek language! also, the Pure AOSP should have it! You find both here http://www.needrom.com/phone-roms/coolpad/8297-f1/

I have a problem with AOSP, it comes with a 'pirated' version of Nova installed.

I have purchased Nova, but i cant seem to install the legit version, i get an error message about signatures being wrong.

I tried everything, but still cant install legit everything.

Also, with the official rom, my apps are dissapearing after every reboot, wether i install them on internal or external storage.

Any help with those 2 issues?

Guest dalyer

Got my Coolpad F1 for a couple of days ago, Works good from start.

MY phone was rooted and with mobileuncle tools and google play installed already when i got it, its running Jonzalvo v1.0 i think its not so bad with this room, but are the newer rooms much better then this version im running?

Im thinking iof maybe newest version of ASOP or Color OS.

Can i just install CWM and start flashing a new room direct from the firmware im running?

Have also a Xiaomi Mi2 and have flashed it 30 times so im used to flashing with cwm is there any special thing you need to know thats difference from flashing a xiaomi phone?

Regards

If you are already rooted then you should install CWM, backup your out of the box ROM setup just in case, DON'T update to stock 021 if ever prompted (as you will lose root and it's difficult to get it back), and then you can just flash whatever ROMs you like in CWM. It's all covered earlier in the thread including in an "idiot's guide" posted earlier. :D

Guest dalyer

I have a problem with AOSP, it comes with a 'pirated' version of Nova installed.

I have purchased Nova, but i cant seem to install the legit version, i get an error message about signatures being wrong.

What about...

- install a new launcher and make it default temporarily

- remove the bundled Nova

- if it's a system app the use a tool to convert to user app and then remove it

- install Nova official

- select it as default

- remove the temporary launcher installed earlier