Coolpad F1 8297w

Guest bryfly

Guest Maringer

A few companies are beginning to release KitKat ROMs for MT6592 phones. Let's hope Coolpad follow in due course!

Guest Maringer

Bugger. I've just been contacted by DHL and have had to pay 13 quid VAT and duty for my order. The shipment is tracking now and hopefully, I should receive it during the next few days.

Didn't think I'd get away without paying it, however, so not too many complaints.

Guest kompot

Bugger. I've just been contacted by DHL and have had to pay 13 quid VAT and duty for my order. The shipment is tracking now and hopefully, I should receive it during the next few days.

Didn't think I'd get away without paying it, however, so not too many complaints.

Who did you order it from? When the package comes to you, please let us know whether it was labeled as gift or not, and what was the value declared on invoice. I'd be grateful for info.

Guest Maringer

I ordered it from an Aliexpress seller (who I linked to earlier in the thread). Once I receive the package I'll make a note of what was written on the outside but I didn't specifically ask the seller to mark it as a gift.

Guest bryfly

trying to download from the above links it keeps telling me to "Download and install the Baidu cloud butler" great except I cannot understand Chinese, google translate will not convert, any ideas how to get this download..

Guest pletko

well, i'm in a bit of a pickle...

my coolpad arrived today and it doesn't have google play. i've tried about every single tutorial or advice i could've found but no luck.

the phone isn't rooted and this is why i cannot install cwm which is the reason why i cannot install some other rom or gapps...

i've tried the standard solution - Framaroot - and the exploit is obviously patched so it doesn't work. i've tried several other tools (z4root, 360root, PermRoot) but no luck.

any advice would be much appreciated. thanks.

Guest bryfly

the phone isn't rooted and this is why i cannot install cwm which is the reason why i cannot install some other rom or gapps...

i've tried the standard solution - Framaroot - and the exploit is obviously patched so it doesn't work. i've tried several other tools (z4root, 360root, PermRoot) but no luck.

any advice would be much appreciated. thanks.

RootingFor anybody who needs to Root there F1 my supplier in China "Chinatronic" has come to my rescue and just sent me this link to re-root my F1 phone http://www.mgyun.com/vroot download it and although in Chinese it is quite easy to work out, 2 clicks and I was rooted again, so easy.

Have you tried this above

Guest pletko

just tried it, it doesn't seem to work. i'm starting to lose my hair now... :(

i tried it in debugging mode (mtp), as well as camera mode. i just pressed the green button. is there anything else i should be aware of?

Guest bryfly

just tried it, it doesn't seem to work. i'm starting to lose my hair now... :(

i tried it in debugging mode (mtp), as well as camera mode. i just pressed the green button. is there anything else i should be aware of?

Framroot did not work on mine either, but the Chinese one did it first time, have you uninstalled framroot before you tried it and rebooted, not sure what to suggest other than that, there is people more able than me, guess one of them may be more help when they spot your post...

Guest pletko

yeah, i even did a full factory reset with data and cache wipe but no help... they seem to have the hole plugged pretty well unfortunately. i guess i'm condemned to this mostly chinese rom for the time being until one og the whizzes creates a new patch...

edit

interesting. i downloaded the english version of the application and it downloaded the drivers and rooted my phone :)

any quick recommendations about the rom?

Edited by pletko

Guest dakok

@bryfly

I am registered at baidu and I can easilay download files. Try to download separate files by clicking at a small

blue arrow pointing down (near the file sizes)

I am downloading it now and probably upload tomorrow...

Guest pletko

hi dakok. you have a mail waiting in your gmail inbox :)

i bought my coolpad at geekbuying. after all this downloading of drivers and all i still haven't managed to root the device. the process ends and it just shows me the X sign, telling me to retry...

i downloaded the english version @ http://www.mgyun.com/en/getvroot

downloading the recommended rom. if i don't fall asleep before that...

Guest bryfly

@bryfly

I am registered at baidu and I can easilay download files.

That is the problem I have, registering with baidu when the registering form is all in Chinese, will try your suggestion later ... thanks

Guest sonicprogress

My phone came from ali express I had to pay 15 quid customs charges.

I've installed the asop rom and it's really good except for one thing. It seems to charge really slowly and when I use it with the power plugged in the battery actually goes down slightly. I've never had a phone that did this before.. :/

Guest Maringer

It can take a few cycles of the battery to sort itself out properly. See if the charging speed improves after you've been using it for a few days. I have found that charging usually is pretty slow when you are using the phone because (I'd imagine), the screen brightness is usually at 100% when charging and (perhaps) the CPU governor isn't trying to use the most stringent energy saving mode. The second part of the previous sentence was just conjecture on my part! A lot depends on which governor is selected in the kernel, I expect.

Guest sonicprogress

This is with the brightness set around 8% and regardless of how I use it the battery should not lose charge whilst plugged in. That makes no sense at all..

Guest Maringer

Could be a glitch with the ROM, I suppose. Let's hope we get some updates soon. Looking on the Coolpad forum, it seems that there are plenty of updates being released for (I assume) the TD-SCDMA version. Most recent is "075" released yesterday.

Hopefully these will be modified in due course for the Unicom 8297w phones and then become available outside of China.