Coolpad F1 8297w

Guest bryfly

Guest dakok

There are several official wcdma version releases there too, with version numbers:

24 beta

but I couldn't find official page with download links...

They have a google framework patch, for flashing on chinese roms

Guest bryfly

but I couldn't find official page with download links...

I was surprised at that as well, coolpad are one of the larger manufacturers in China, even some of the smaller ones have their own web site to download roms etc

Edited by bryfly

Guest dakok

I am sure they will have a separate web page for wcdma version. It is a very fresh product, one month since the release.

Guest Maringer

Well, I've now got my phone. I knew it was out for delivery today so nipped home at lunchtime to find a card through the letterbox with the message, "BETWEEN WHEELIE BINS". Sure enough, the package was round the back of my house left between my wheelie bins! DHL really don't take this signature on delivery thing seriously, do they? Remarkably, the package was still dry even though there have been some heavy showers moving through today. The phone was well-packaged and, assuming it works OK, I would recommend my seller highly for good communications and quick delivery. Possibly a few quid more expensive than other sellers, however. Value of the package was entered as $46 on the customs declaration and I did need to pay GBP 13.00 in VAT & duty before delivery.

I've not used the phone at all yet (need to backup all my info from my old phone first), but initial signs are good. After playing around with it for a few minutes, performance seems good, the screen is bright and clear and the size isn't too bad. A few millimetres trimmed off both dimensions would be nicer (the bezels aren't the slimmest) but it really isn't too much bigger than my old 4.5" screen phone and I think it will fit nicely into my pocket.

The CoolLife 5.5 UI doesn't seem too bad - very bright and colourful - but I'll probably look to install one of the ROMs from Needrom before I start to use the phone.

Just checking the info from About phone in the settings and the kernel is dated 21st March with build number 4.2.015.P0.140321.8297W and Custom build version of 62.

Is this build information pretty much the same as on the phones everyone else has received?

Guest Maringer

The supplier also sent me a TPU case but, unfortunately, the texture on the back of this sends shivers down my spine when I touch it! I have a bit of an odd thing where the noise of certain fabrics rubbing together or the feel of some textures gives me the creeps. Yes, I'm a little odd at times. :wacko:

Guest bryfly

Just checking the info from About phone in the settings and the kernel is dated 21st March with build number 4.2.015.P0.140321.8297W and Custom build version of 62.

Is this build information pretty much the same as on the phones everyone else has received?

same as on ours, had for about 2 weeks....

Guest Maringer

Also, just downloading the AOSP ROM from jonzalvo (the one on needrom). He updated it on 8th May to his version 1.1. Looks like just a couple of tweaks to do with ringtone volume but also some mention about fixing MTP. Not sure what that relates to yet.

Guest dakok

Jonzalvo is active at two spanish forums with dedicated Coolpad F1 topics. I think he made english CWM, too.

Take a look there at warning in rom description - something about dangers of formating SD card inside phone.

Another thing - has this build version 62 got anything to do with TD-SCDMA phones version builds?

WCDMA has 15, 20, 21 and maybe 24 beta

TD-SCDMA numbers are much higher - somewhere near 72?

Edited by dakok

Guest Maringer

Jonzalvo is active at two spanish forums with dedicated Coolpad F1 topics. I think he made english CWM, too.

Take a look there at warning in rom description - something about dangers of formating SD card inside phone.

Another thing - has this build version 62 got anything to do with TD-SCDMA phones version builds?

WCDMA has 15, 20, 21 and maybe 24 beta

TD-SCDMA numbers are much higher - somewhere near 72?

The build number of 4.2.015.P0.140321.8297W makes me think the .015 indicates the 15 on the Coolpad forums, not necessarily the 62 part. Just a guess, however!

Guest pletko

unfortunately, it looks like i will be selling my coolpad since there is absolutely no way i can root it and therefore i cannot have google services on my phone. i tried absolutely everything, all of your advice and some other ones i managed to google, i tried several tools, phone and pc based, nothing helped.

i just have to admit to myself that i made a huge mistake by buying this phone :(

Guest dakok
Guest pletko

yup, one of the first things i tried... i just can't believe these things always happen to me... nobody has these problems but me. it's a bit easier now, knowing that i'm not the only one. even if the solution is still far away...

Guest dakok

Then flashtool backup and then try another chinese factory rom thru flashtool?

And another thing. Did you try to install google framework thru chinese market app?

Edited by dakok

Guest pletko

haven't tried any roms since i can't install them through recovery, i don't have the "install from sdcard" option

as for the second question - yes, i have. it keeps crashing. people say that updating time from network should solve the problem but guess what :)

i even tried installing all of the google apps needed for normal functioning but i couldn't install a couple of them since they require root access. i managed to get calendar sync but google play keeps reporting no connection even if the connection exists and works within a browser. i'm stumped, dunno what else to try...

Guest dakok

Yes. It's a big country.

:D

Framaroot, Eroot, Vroot? Onekey root

Tried to install SuperSU right after root attempt?

If nothing else works you should study FlashTool

http://www.gizbeat.com/2132/twrp-cwm-recovery-and-root-mtk6592-mtk6582-mtk6589/

http://www.chinaphonearena.com/forum/Thread-How-To-Flash-ROM-with-SP-Flash-Tool-On-MTK6595-MTK6592-MTK6589-MTK6572-MTK6582

You have links for original roms in first post

Don't use flashtool untill you are absolutely sure in procedure

Edited by dakok

Guest pletko

not so much big as it is weird shaped :)

framaroot - check

vroot - check

eroot - check

nothing worked

i used flashtool on my inew v3 recently and... well, it's a bit more complicated than odin (for samsung) but i managed to do it. i will just need the scrap and/or some kind of root file if i got it right?

but i would rather not get into bed with flashtool as i am unsure of its procedures.

i hope that framaroot developer will soon deal with this problem, i noticed that he updated the version to 1.9.2 today but not helping still...

Edited by pletko

Guest Maringer

I struggled to get root earlier today. Framaroot appeared to work OK and SuperSU was installed but, when SuperSU attempted to update via wifi (not put a SIM card in the phone as yet), it kept failing. Mobile Uncle indicated no root.

The way I got around this was to install the basic Superuser app from the Market and this allowed me to enable root for SuperSU and update correctly! Confusing, I know. I've since uninstalled the basic Superuser app and have installed CWM successfully.

Obviously, without access to the Market you can't download from there, but you should be able to install an apk. This one might do the job:

http://apkandroid.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/superuser-apk.html

Worth a try, if nothing else!

Guest pletko

is there any way i can flash some other rom without rooting this one? is there a way to install cwm without root? some kind of flashing through pc?

and if you were asking why i am having this problem, it's simple. i updated the rom ota and cannot revert to the previous version, even with data/factory reset and cache clearing...

Edited by pletko

Guest bryfly

is there any way i can flash some other rom without rooting this one? is there a way to install cwm without root? some kind of flashing through pc?

and if you were asking why i am having this problem, it's simple. i updated the rom ota and cannot revert to the previous version, even with data/factory reset and cache clearing...

cannot assist you with your rooting problem, however "tillaz" who is quite active in many of the forums has helped me out in the past, he may be able to help.... Re the OTA rom update, is that put out by coolpad, if so guess the rest of us should ignore it in light of your experience.....