Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest HarlemOrange

Okay, so I tried restoring the backup I made of the official rom.

And got a MD5 mismatch!

I don't even see a nandroid.md5 file.

I literary got no idea what I have to do right now.

I'm getting desperate.

Guest Arpione

Maybe you should try to find the libs in 041 to fix the flash in PURE v2? :)

Thanks for asking this, I tried it today and it works :) Update can be found in the same place.

Guest mindtrapper

Thanks for asking this, I tried it today and it works :) Update can be found in the same place.

No, no, thank you for delivering the results! Will flash it asap. :)

Guest siliconarm

Hi! I am a new F1 owner

The phone came with CoolUI 036 multilanguage (seller modificated?), clean of chinese applications and a factory recovery in english.

Very smooth (31510 antutu) and quite estabe except some little bugs:

- The application video doesn't work (doesn't mind)

- When the phone goes into local roaming, the lock screen displays Beijing time :) (seems fixed with xposed and national-roaming module)

- LED notifications does't work for third party applications (whatsapp, gmail ...) and I can't set diferents notification tones for each one, I can just select the phone default notification.

- Don't revice messajes from banks and other short number services

- Can't uptate to 041 using OTA, always fails in recovery instalI, I suppose due I don't have really an official rom. Worth the 041 version?

- The sound is bit low, but seems to have improved with mobileuncletools.

Thats all :)

I think I will continue with this rom, for now I can live with these little bugs, for now...

Thanks!

Guest Arpione

No, no, thank you for delivering the results! Will flash it asap. :)

It seems it isn't perfect, when you try to take an HDR shot with the built-in camera app it crashes. Only use it for now if you don't use that feature, I'll look into it tomorrow.

Guest slime00

Hi! I am a new F1 owner

The phone came with CoolUI 036 multilanguage (seller modificated?), clean of chinese applications and a factory recovery in english.

- When the phone goes into local roaming, the lock screen displays Beijing time :) (seems fixed with xposed and national-roaming module)

- LED notifications does't work for third party applications (whatsapp, gmail ...) and I can't set diferents notification tones for each one, I can just select the phone default notification.

- Can't uptate to 041 using OTA, always fails in recovery instalI, I suppose due I don't have really an official rom. Worth the 041 version?

I think I will continue with this rom, for now I can live with these little bugs, for now...

Thanks!

036 multilanguage? didn't know it exhisted! Is it partially translated like the 015?

Hi! I am a new F1 owner

Thanks!

Sounds like what came with mine. What made me change the ROM was that I had the impression the battery life was much worse than it should be.

I flashed AOSP 4.2.2 by Jonzalvo and the battery life improved immediately.

Guest dalyer

I think that these are all known issues with the stock (and derived) ROMs.

Check out the rest of this (admittedly long!) thread.

There may be a patch for the SMS issue or installing a 3rd party messaging client (I find Textra pretty good) may help.

My recollection is that OTA updates fail if the ROM has been rooted.

See the top posts for how to install an original stock ROM (with the option of bundling a custom recovery facilitating subsequent) rooting using the YGDP tool if necessary.

Hope this helps.

Guest doctorrr

Hi to all.Great forum

Has anyone noticed that in this roms (generally I tried 5) when the phone goes to sleep WiFi goes OFF (it is showing that is on but I do not get any data).I turn wifi on and off and everything is ok till the next time phone goes to sleep.

Guest siliconarm

Yes is partial translated just settings menu (data usage doesn't work) is translated, dialer and SMS just in English.

I think the battery life is good 40 hours with normal use.

I fix two issues:

- I can receive bank sms, changing the app, I used textra, the side effect: led notification doesn't work for sms, bad luck. Thanks to this thread!

- I can personalised notification for each app, just removing default settings of media explorer app!

Guest rista1
  I installed   jonzalvo's PURE AOSP 2.0 for now everything works, has the local language and with all the patches for the camera is a candidate for the best rom.,the only problem I have with notification. solution?

Guest HarlemOrange

So guys, I found out the problem of the MD5 mismatch. There was no nandroid.md5 created because of a leak of free space on the sd-card. I found it out because it gave me this error when trying to fix the problem. 

No such file or directory

I posted this so maybe this will be helpfull for someone else.

You might try replacing system/etc/firmware map from some CoolUI 4.4 TD rom but I am not sure if that will work...

I will try, do you have a link of it?

Edited by HarlemOrange

Second KitKat official CoolUI release for WCDMA phones is out tomorrow :D

(10.10.2014 in China now)

4.4.010.P0.140928.8297W.CPB

010 version update:

System:
repair switch voice is mobile version of the problem 
repaired data space filled with cell phones stuck problem of

Communication: 
new dual 3G features 

Cool Butler: 
Cool housekeeper password can not update fixes the problem

Guest Milanche78

Hi to all.Great forum

Has anyone noticed that in this roms (generally I tried 5) when the phone goes to sleep WiFi goes OFF (it is showing that is on but I do not get any data).I turn wifi on and off and everything is ok till the next time phone goes to sleep.

Well on Baidu, I found that when I turn off the wifi it doesnt go to data 3g  even if its on.

Guest korekore1

Second KitKat official CoolUI release for WCDMA phones is out tomorrow :D

(10.10.2014 in China now)

4.4.010.P0.140928.8297W.CPB

010 version update:

System:

repair switch voice is mobile version of the problem

repaired data space filled with cell phones stuck problem of

Communication:

new dual 3G features

Cool Butler:

Cool housekeeper password can not update fixes the problem

what about the 010 that is out some days now?i flashed it yesterday,how did they got it sooner?!

Coolpad_8297W_Official_010_Wonderful

Edited by korekore1

It is from Vanishing Beauty (FIRE Team) who used new OTA update files he got on his or someone's phone

and made a flashable 010 release (with bloatware, of course :))

Today, Coolpad released a full 010 CPB build...