Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest corvettec3

Install the 010 by YGDP tools and remember to change the original recovery with custom recovery in the directory before flashing. Boot your phone to see if everything is OK. Copy this file 4.4Root_Kinguser.zip

to your SD card:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B36Ay7pVtck6c1JGdzdoVlhyRk0&usp=sharing#list

Reboot to recovery and flash the zip file. You are rooted!

now my phone is unrooted and has 009 official kitkat. First of all I have to make root and after install 010 by ygdp? when I have to change original recovery with custom recovery? 

ps. please write me link of original recovery and custom recovery. thanks

Guest mixanikosgr

now my phone is unrooted and has 009 official kitkat. First of all I have to make root and after install 010 by ygdp? when I have to change original recovery with custom recovery? 

ps. please write me link of original recovery and custom recovery. thanks

You don't have to be roooted.

Follow the guide by dakok:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/373530-guide-ygdp-tool-for-flashing-stock-42-44-roms/

Before you click the start button you replace the recovery in the folder  after renaming it.

In the guide this point: Bonus: Custom recovery hack

Custom Recovery here: http://www.needrom.com/category/coolpad/8297-f1/

Download twrp 2.7 or cwm 6.0.5.0 (you must register so you can download)

Guest korekore1

i tried a few and no one working, do you know what modules works maybe??

well i tried 4 random ones (not phone specific) and 2 of them worked,the one was a module that allowed you to change whats on power menu,but i flashed another rom now and can't remember the names..

Guest yungwizzy

hi .. I just got this device and am new here .. how do I root ?? and what's the perfect ROM for coolpad 8297w ?? please help and I noticed that Google play services is not on my device and its not installing hellpp!!

Guest Arpione

hi .. I just got this device and am new here .. how do I root ?? and what's the perfect ROM for coolpad 8297w ?? please help and I noticed that Google play services is not on my device and its not installing hellpp!!

You can help yourself by reading post #2

Guest matejsolid

How to export and import call logs and messages from one ROM to another if they use different messaging apps like Jonzalvo to Baidu ?
Currently I have laek.17 v4 4.4.2 and I'm going to try Jonzalvo 4.2.2 or Nexus 5 port so I'm wondering how do I export and import succesfully call logs/messages ?

How to export and import call logs and messages from one ROM to another if they use different messaging apps like Jonzalvo to Baidu ?

Currently I have laek.17 v4 4.4.2 and I'm going to try Jonzalvo 4.2.2 or Nexus 5 port so I'm wondering how do I export and import succesfully call logs/messages ?

Does SMS Backup & Restore and Call Logs Backup & Restore from the Play Store not work for this?

Does SMS Backup & Restore and Call Logs Backup & Restore from the Play Store not work for this?

I use Super Backup app from store. You can try that

Edited by dinoHR

Guest matejsolid

Thanks guys,I'll try it but as it seems this Nexus port rom I dont like and Jonzalvo didn't update it so I'm back on laek.17 :)

4 hours of screen on while using 3G/H+ through 10-12 hours of usage is okay ?

Apps syncing like Facebook,Messenger,Whatsapp,Tapatalk,Gmail and some gaming like Ravensword,FIFA 15 and MX player watching movies.

I mean is it too short screen on or very good ? 

I use Sms backup+. Backs up call log and sms to your gmail with a label. It says it can restore but I never have because it's all there in my gmail if I want to find anything :)

Guest corvettec3

I shared an official root.zip what you can flash with stock recovery. I tried it and works perfect. It install the Su binary with supersu.

Here is it : https://www.dropbox.com/s/q1urd3i1mscxrlo/Official_root.zip?dl=0

Hi, I've upgrade my phone to 010 official kitkat rom replacing recovery as written in dakok guide. Now to root the phone what should I do? 4.4Root_Kinguser.zip or with file root.zip that you said? because when I download by your dropbox root.zip, my antivirus says that file is dangerous. thanks

P.S. I've push vol + power button and it goes into recovery cwm 6.0.5 but I don't find zip file to install from sd. 

Hi, I've upgrade my phone to 010 official kitkat rom replacing recovery as written in dakok guide. Now to root the phone what should I do? 4.4Root_Kinguser.zip or with file root.zip that you said? because when I download by your dropbox root.zip, my antivirus says that file is dangerous. thanks

P.S. I've push vol + power button and it goes into recovery cwm 6.0.5 but I don't find zip file to install from sd. 

in ext sd(is your sd)

Guest corvettec3

If I go in recovery cwm, I choose reboot now, It is written: root access is missing. Root device? This can be undone.

I can choose no ( and it rebbot phone in normal mode), yes - root device(/system/xbin/su) 

I have to choose yes to make root? If yes, I install "official root" 1.88mb, or "kinguser" ?

Guest borsosg

If you installed with custom recovery (cwm or twrp) you must install 4.4 root kinguser zip. If you have stock recovery on your phone, you must install official root.zip