Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest korekore1

It is simple but things are more complicated. :)

I've been looking at many graphs today and 3.4V means that battery is drained to

0-10% remaining capacity.

With that much draining you won't have a rich cycle life:

Baterije_Ciklusi.jpg

Instead of 1000 cycles you will make only 400. And thats only part of the problem.

Your cycles won't be 0-100% but 0-70% of nominal capacity (2500mAh) after a year or so.

Ciklusi_kapacitet.jpg

But you can forget everything mentioned if you will replace phone in 10-12 months :D

Oh, one more thing!

As already mentioned I look at many graphs and articles today and max charging voltage doesn't go above 4.2.

How the heck you have 4.335mAh!!!

I didn't check my phone yet. It seems waaay too much and over the top which is really bad for battery...

don't look at general graphs,just do what i did with battery calibration app and make your own graphs!I used indonesian latest aosp

don't look at general graphs,just do what i did with battery calibration app and make your own graphs!I used indonesian latest aosp

Graphs don't mind, they are here to show a general logic behind charging and discharging li-ion battery and 

Indonesian AOSP is not controling Li-indo battery but standard Li-ion battery that withstands certain technical rules.

Like any other Li-ion battery.

4.335V is too much

3.4V is too low

Indonesian AOSP has wrong upper and lower Cut-off limits!

(I need to check the upper charging voltage limit on my phone though)

Edit: Now checking CoolUI 4.2: Charging 93% @ 4.276V so it might be okay for OS to set cutoff to 4.34V :)

Edited by dakok

Guest korekore1

Ηas anyone tried this case/cover? --> http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Arrival-For-Coolpad-Dashen-F1-8297-Battery-Case-Tempered-Glass-Back-Cover-With-Aluminum-Frame/2008687709.html

I had complains about voice dropouts from my side when i speak on the phone and i suspect the aluminum frame

Edited by korekore1

Ηas anyone tried this case/cover? --> http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Arrival-For-Coolpad-Dashen-F1-8297-Battery-Case-Tempered-Glass-Back-Cover-With-Aluminum-Frame/2008687709.html

I had complains about voice dropouts from my side when i speak on the phone and i suspect the aluminum frame

i buy one (black) no problem with voice or anything else but for put the phone out is a problem, so i broke the case after 10 days.. hahah. this case replace the white backcover and when you put the phone in you need to be a magician for put them out after.. and the phone looks like ishit.. :D

I presume you mean it's difficult to remove that custom cover?

I'd second that but found that using a guitar pick/plectrum to prise it off from the bottom helps.

I don't think the phone looks like s*** with the cover installed but it is a bit thicker than with the default back.

Haven't used the phone much with this cover so can't comment on whether or not it causes voice dropouts.

Edited by dalyer

yes is difficult to remowe it and put the phone out.. i tryed with many stuff but i dont have succes and finally i broke the cover.. :D

i dont mean look like s*** its look like iphone, with this aluminium cover and that stuff..

Yeah - the fit is very tight but I think if you prise it off gently from the bottom near where you prise off the standard cover using something plastic like a guitar pick it works.

And yeah - it does look like a bit like an iPhone! :D

Is it there official android 4.4 ? Is it good without bugs? Or what do you suggest to flash to the phone

Check the first few posts in this thread which list a number of official and custom ROMs among lots of other useful info.

There's also a poll thread on what ROMs people have declared preferences for.

Jonzalvo's Pure AOSP seems to get favourable comment especially when Arpione's patches are installed:

http://www.needrom.com/download/coolpad-f1-8297w-pure-aosp/

http://www.modaco.com/topic/373572-patch-performance-improvement-patches-for-jonzalvos-pure-aosp-20-updated-on-20141009/

Guest KennyPowers2000

Just got home to find my lovely new F1 has 3 scratches on the screen!

I guess it was done at work somehow :(

I'm hoping that it is just the screen protector, as the phone screen is quite tough?

Anyway, I might see if I can order a new screen protector.

I always get dust/hair/bubbles underneath when I do it myself though!

My my, it's already tomorrow and we all missed one major update from today :)

Kitkat 019 is out and this is from FIRE Team custom release

Interesting stuff for sure:

Fixed SMSing from some banks

Gestures

ROM Author: 
Leaders- vanishing America 
Personal micro-blog: 
Disappearing US m 
Android: 
Production date: 
2014-10-30 
ROM Size: 
477MB 
Applicable models: 
Great God F1 Unicom version 

Disclaimer: This ROM-based Great God F1 Unicom version of the official beta version 4.4 019 Productions, with the support of 4.2 system environment directly into the brush, this update finally fixes the problem part of the banking software can not be used, automatic brightness also improved, first joined [gestures wake], integrated CPU frequency control [] function, open [advanced Settings] - [frequency Control] - [recommended] is automatically set to the highest frequency locked 728MHZ will be very low power consumption, a night stand consume 1%, adding video advertising shield function, adding the recent development of advanced settings, features advanced settings has become increasingly rich, added: gestures wake, CPU frequency control, freezing applications, engineering mode, adding a powerful lock screen [time] function, smooth and stable, strongly recommended, the official 4.4 continues to improve in, BUG inevitable, I implore everyone civilization feedback BUG! Note: The default is to turn on the magic interesting animation effects, if you want to close, open: Advanced Settings - Magic Fun Animations - the list of movies - Select [Close]. 

ROM Description: 

Official: 

1, the new automatic synchronization time 
2, the software can not fix the problem, some banks use 
3, repair automatic brightness adjustment problems 
4, repair cloud, clouds live issue can not be used 

How to switch ART mode: 

1. Open the [system Settings] - [on the phone] - [phone configuration information] - [version of this hit seven consecutive No.], then prompts you to have opened [developer mode] 

2. Return [setup] interface, open the [Options] Developer - Open [select Operating Environment] - Select Usage ART], the system will prompt window pops up, select [OK], 

The phone will automatically restart, patiently waiting for 3-5 minutes, your phone is in the operating environment ART friends. 

ART advantages: 

1.ART operating environment enables the execution time for most applications halved 
Performance 2. It will significantly improve battery life and system 

ART Disadvantages: 

1. After bytecode into a machine code, the application footprint size may be increased by 10% -20% 
2. The application installation time becomes longer 
3. Some applications are not compatible with ART mode, you can not run 

Note: 

Keyboard lights turned way: Open [system Settings] - [Display] - [Touch key light duration] - Select [Always On] 

The default is to turn on the magic interesting animation effects, if you want to close, open: Advanced Settings - Magic Fun Animations - List Animation - Close 

Open the [Advanced Settings] - [Frequency Control] - [Recommended] is automatically set to the highest frequency locked 728MHZ will be very low power consumption, a night stand consume 1% 

Open [gestures] may be more power, [Power Key] can not light up the screen, you need to double-click on the screen to light, please use caution 

The status bar displays the [speaker] actually represent [profile] in [standard Mode], after careful consideration, that the picture has no real meaning to engage in transparent, so temporarily modify 

I: 

Features: 

Video ads shielding function 

Usage: 

1. Download and install the video client software, such as Youku, love Fantastic Art, Sohu and other 
2. Open WIFI, and open the [settings] - [Video Ads shield] 

Join the advanced settings, includes the following features: 

1. The eye pattern 
2. The status bar displays the network speed 
3. Intelligent Control 
4. Viper Sound 
5. gesture wake 
6. Magic Fun Animation 
7.CPU frequency control 
8. Fruit flash 
9. The volume keys wake 
10. freeze applications 
10. The engineering model 

Unlock Related: 

Joined lock screen features: 

1. Click once on the lock screen 
2. Long press to bring up the power menu 

Join the status bar lock screen shortcuts: 

1. Click once on the lock screen 
2. Long press to bring up the power menu 

Systems: 

Streamlined system built app 
Add ROOT privileges and rights management 
MTP mode is enabled by default 
Add Boot power applications 
Join hosts file to block ads 
Add sony Bravia V3 complete display engine 
Add sony Xloud sound volume increases 
Add the latest ViPER4 Sound 
Optimization pictures show the effect of 100% 
Enhance video quality 
Enhance the photographic effect 
Open GPU rendering 
Open init.d Service 
Integrate the latest busybox tools 
Full consolidation Odex 

Desktop Related: 

Icon reorder, beautiful and clean 
Close waterfall stream 

Ringtones Themes: 

Join nice ringtone (WhereGo.mp3) 
Join Oppo Find 5 comes with built-in ringtones (Jumping Finger.mp3) 
Join Transformers Super Hornet played music (kingcame.mp3) 
Join seconds to get up ringtone (sunset.mp3) 
Join Samsung GalaxyNote whistle SMS tones (Galaxy.mp3) 

Call: 

Open call volume series of 20
Edited by dakok

Guest slime00

I forgot to post it this evening:P
When I saw it, I was following a discussion about gestures which grabbed my attention: it seems they are not supported/developed by the official Coolui releasers, but some developers (like fire and atx) add them in their Coolui versions porting them from other roms. I don't know if those gestures are the useless ones (scrolling on gallery and things like that) or the ones usable in standby mode to wake the phone with a double tap or to go to shortcuts (camera, sms...)

edit: I've seen in the description of this fire rom that it talks about wake gestures... now this is interesting!

it seems there is also a new 4.2.2 version (for the TDSCMA model) out today, 094!

Edited by slime00

Guest slime00

it seems this "advanced settings" group of apps/settings should be ported, should be something doable for other roms since it's not rom-related (original coolui doesn't have it)

Guest slime00

MTK6592 doesn't support that kind of gestures :/ that's for more "premium" phones like SGS4, 5... etc.

or cheap cr*ppy phones like 80$ elephones with an older mt6582 :D my mother's zopo zp700 (mt6582, 1 year old) with kitkat's official update supported it, so ours should as well if developed by coolpad.

Where can I find the link to download the ROM: Kitkat 019 is out and this is from FIRE Team custom release

Thank you

hello friend, sometimes reading some pages could be useful to find the answer, but this time you have to look just 2-3 posts back :)

Edited by slime00