Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest trashbat

Just took the plunge and ordered one!

Any recommendations on a good case?

edit: do you guys use screen protectors? 

Edited by trashbat

Guest VeseliD

You mean phone case?

I am using Nillkin case,full reccomendation for it :)

You can find it on aliexpress for around 10 $ :)

Also,i am using screen protector.

Edited by VeseliD

Guest trashbat

You mean phone case?

I am using Nillkin case,full reccomendation for it :)

You can find it on aliexpress for around 10 $ :)

Also,i am using screen protector.

cool, are you using one of the screen protectors made of glass?

Guest slime00

some pics of the glass+aluminium from movilesdualsim, I'm considering to buy it, since my silicone case has been great but it kills the phone extetically!

http://www.movilesdualsim.com/attachments/img-20140806-wa0001-jpg.57908

http://www.movilesdualsim.com/attachments/img-20140801-wa0004-jpg.57602

http://www.movilesdualsim.com/attachments/img-20140801-wa0003-jpg.57601/

Edited by slime00

Guest trashbat

some pics of the glass+aluminium from movilesdualsim, I'm considering to buy it, since my silicone case has been great but it kills the phone extetically!

http://www.movilesdualsim.com/attachments/img-20140806-wa0001-jpg.57908

http://www.movilesdualsim.com/attachments/img-20140801-wa0004-jpg.57602

http://www.movilesdualsim.com/attachments/img-20140801-wa0003-jpg.57601/

I just bought one, thought they looked pretty cool 

Any of you guys have the screen protector made of toughened glass?

I stopped using protectors as i got fed up of dirt and bubbles getting caught under them but wondered if these glass ones may be better

Guest xeros2

Well, I don't have experience with cases for Coolpad F1 yet, but I would recommend silicone case (for safety if estetic is not that much necessary, but my wife has black Lenovo A850+ 5,5" in pink silicone case and it looks very nice).

I have experience with silicone cases with my LG L3 and Samsung Galaxy Y (the _old_ Young model) and I've had very drastic "crash tests" with these phones.

My L3 fall for about 10 meters down to ceramic tiles when I walked upstairs and it didn't got any scratch and few times it fall to concrete/beton from 1-1,5 meters and simply bounced like a plastic ball.

After that still no physical issues with phone so far.

Guest slime00

There's even more interesting cases:

Clipboard_1.jpg

I believe those are only side bumpers, not much utility IMHO. 

Well, I don't have experience with cases for Coolpad F1 yet, but I would recommend silicone case (for safety if estetic is not that much necessary, but my wife has black Lenovo A850+ 5,5" in pink silicone case and it looks very nice).

I have experience with silicone cases with my LG L3 and Samsung Galaxy Y (the _old_ Young model) and I've had very drastic "crash tests" with these phones.

My L3 fall for about 10 meters down to ceramic tiles when I walked upstairs and it didn't got any scratch and few times it fall to concrete/beton from 1-1,5 meters and simply bounced like a plastic ball.

After that still no physical issues with phone so far.

Totally agree, silicone case are the best options for safety, if the phone falls from short distance, you don't even hear the noise! Unfortunately, the black one I got with the F1 is pretty ugly, since it's not opaque and the color seems brown with white exposure from the back case! The glassy one seems to have plastic in the inside part, so it should handle well the hurts (even if the back glass breaks, it's not a tragedy for 10 euros!)

Phone cases with patterns

Green-16-Patterns-For-CoolPad-F1-New-201

Nice ones! :) Even more designs! 

Edited by slime00

Guest dakok

I think that this aluminium rim is not that bad - it fully covers the phone glass screen border

which is much better than Nillkin hard case which protects only the longer border of the screen.

Guest slime00

yes, if you remember a lot of pages ago I told I didn't buy the nillkin case because of this, even if it was wonderful i wanted the phone to be 100% covered. With this bumpers the sides are well protected but everything else is exposed and,  since the back plastic seems fragile, a drop on the asphalt (like the one happened to me, but the silicone case fortunately took all the impact and small cuts) or an improper contact with keys/coins/other in the pocket can make some very annoying scratches on the back! 

Edited by slime00

Guest bore1989

has anyone had a problem with downloads from google play...i have the latest update from lewa and I can't download anything from google play,even chrome..it worked at start,now it doesn't anymore

Guest dakok

Try latest JasonOS with wcdma patch

first. :)

zenfone has the rating of 3.7 vs coolpad's 3.9

at Zol website

Edited by dakok

Guest pletko

i would like the kitkat so i can use art instead of dalvik. i flashed some kind of miui today, they still haven't fixed the problem with the phonebook and numbers (+385 9x and 09x). this is the main reason why i ran away from miui. i'm guessing that jasonOS has the same problem since it is based on miui? i mean what's the point of having a phonebook if the name isn't displayed when somebody's calling?

i saw that lewa's update was also released today, not too long after the last one so i think i will be returning to lewa without even considering jason with the contact mixup as the main reason

Guest razorinc

you can try number fixer apk from playstore to add country code to your contacts... but after some contacts you will need to edit over gmail... I did that only to use miui roms, it took for 30min to edit all contacts :-)

Guest pletko

yeah, did that but the point is that it makes no sense to do that. all other roms don't require that kind of action. and another thing is that i really don't want to edit my contacts, i want them to be in 09x format since it's more practical than the other one. meh... leaving miui for good, i thought that they would've solved this problem by now...