Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

We can make an ad hoc list of roms that left a good impression.

Tell others which rom was really good for you 

and I could put that into this post where I made a short list of Coolpad F1 roms.

There is a new MyUI release out today

155322n88w4i5k14awwsqs.png155321owe60g5xitsv9skz.png

155322lzi86qkr2ixyyr8m.png155322rla29aawhpbw4m41.png

Download

Edited by dakok

Guest pletko

I thought that Lewa was perfect :p

Actually, yes. You're not reading, mate. I tried AOSP and have now reverted to Lewa because the calender didn't sync on AOSP :-)

Guest raulmayus

Hey. I think I'm gonna buy this mobile phone and in this forum I've seen a lot of roms for this device. 

I feel a little lost so I would like to know, if possible, which is the best rom at this moment because I'm reading a lot of users saying that LeWaN's rom is the best but in this other topic (http://www.modaco.com/topic/371968-coolpad-f1-8297w/?p=2222338) there's a user using a Samsung S5 rom and he says it works well, in Forocoches and other Spanish forums I read that Jonzalvo's roms are the best, so certainly I'm a little lost in this roms area.

Another question: Does anybody here knows where to buy a battery and tempered glass for Coolpad F1? 

Thank you so much for your help.

Edited by raulmayus

Guest pletko

sooo... this s5 rom is actually kitkat. but there is no way i can use the left soft key as anything since it just drops all the windows as if i pressed the menu button for a few seconds...

Guest slime00

sooo... this s5 rom is actually kitkat. but there is no way i can use the left soft key as anything since it just drops all the windows as if i pressed the menu button for a few seconds...

Someone told me (I never had one) that is actually how the real samsung works. I don't believe is real kitkat, because you couldn't install it with the recovery we have if it really was.

Hey. I think I'm gonna buy this mobile phone and in this forum I've seen a lot of roms for this device. 

I feel a little lost so I would like to know, if possible, which is the best rom at this moment because I'm reading a lot of users saying that LeWaN's rom is the best but in this other topic (http://www.modaco.co...297w/?p=2222338) there's a user using a Samsung S5 rom and he says it works well, in Forocoches and other Spanish forums I read that Jonzalvo's roms are the best, so certainly I'm a little lost in this roms area.

Another question: Does anybody here knows where to buy a battery and tempered glass for Coolpad F1? 

Thank you so much for your help.

For roms, is a matter of taste I think... for sure you have to try Jonzalvo's pure AOSP, LEWA and Jason OS, as they seem to be the favourites right now. After that, you could choose the one that's ideal with your usage. Mine is the Pure AOSP.

for batteries, glass and everything else, aliexpress is your friend! ;)

Guest pletko

actually, the thing would go bust only if you would boot it normally and then use developer options to switch from dalvik to art. it would then reboot and... i don't know what would happen then :) 

it could very well boot and work just fine but we wouldn't have recovery or

it wouldn't boot at all

be as it may, we would be stuck with that rom until recovery came out or if we would flash it externally (via pc)

Guest raulmayus

For roms, is a matter of taste I think... for sure you have to try Jonzalvo's pure AOSP, LEWA and Jason OS, as they seem to be the favourites right now. After that, you could choose the one that's ideal with your usage. Mine is the Pure AOSP.

for batteries, glass and everything else, aliexpress is your friend! ;)

Thanks for your answer. When I receive the phone I'll try both and I'll write here my experience.

Finally a statement from Coolpad forum moderator.

So it is official now.

First Kitkat release is for TD-SCDMA phone and then (probably few days later)

for our version (WCDMA / China Unicom).

Clipboard_1.jpg

Edited by dakok

Guest jakethedooggg

Finally a statement from Coolpad forum moderator.

So it is official now.

First Kitkat release is for TD-SCDMA phone and then (probably few days later)

for our version (WCDMA / China Unicom).

Clipboard_1.jpg

Mmm we could use the WCDMA modem... maybe will work [emoji1] (really not sure).

There will be no need for that. I am sure you will find wcdma release in a day or two from 4.4 premiere..

This Jason OS is amazing regarding battery consumption.

I set it to enter airplane mode during night - 12:50 - 6:20

and I switch off wifi occasionally.

It is 57% capacity left now, after 1d 22h from charging and 2:20 screen-on time

Not bad, huh? :D

I will post a kind of proof when it reaches 10% or so :)

Edited by dakok

Guest jakethedooggg

Nah, well, in fact I needed GravityBox and the launcher. Installed Apex Launcher and couldn't put it as default launcher. Anyways I'm okay with Pure AOSP :)

Guest slime00

in the meanwhile, official 039 should be out in hours for who is intersted

039 version of the update follows:

Optimization: Touch screen Touch effect, a touch more accurate
      Optimization: automatic network time synchronization function to solve certain areas because the operator does not properly restrict network synchronization time causes problems
      Optimization: foreign network positioning, the use of more accurate positioning abroad
      Optimization: audio parameters, adjust the volume is too large to solve the problem of accidental  
      Optimization: SD card occasional shift issue

so this 4.4 (no third number) should also be a beta? Wow, I don't think I would update it immediately, since they took months to optimize the very well known 4.2... I wonder what a mess they may do with KK!
Edited by slime00

Guest razorinc

+1 for Jason os, it is really good, smooth and battery friendly, fully customizable, I like 2g/3g toggle, android tweaker (it s in chinese), mtktweaker v15 would be nice (need to translate the app, also in chinese; v14 in eng)... I tested probably all the roms and I can say it is in my top 3, Jason os > Lewa os > Aosp... Whatsapp working, xposed also, I didn t try gravitybox bcs I afraid it will cause the bootloop... 

Guest jakethedooggg

Damn I'll need to give an oportunity to Jason OS again lol.. I'd thank so much a version without the chinese apps, I really don't know what I can delete and what not.  :wacko: