Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest Arpione

So I figured out that the boot loop in Baidu is caused by the language being set to english. If I leave it on chinese it boots fine...

@dakok:

Do you have a PIN code set on your SIM card? The only reason I can think of is that the keypad that shows up when you have to type in your PIN code is bugged.

edit: yup, that was it. I disabled the PIN code and now it boots. Maybe you should add a warning in the Baidu ROM section in your 3rd post so other won't run into this problem.

Edited by Arpione

Guest slime00

AOSP 4.4 V1 MULTILANGUAGE laek.17 8297w

643004-281x500.png750902-281x500.png

MULTILANGUAGE

AOSP Aparence
All deodexed
Zipaligned
Optimized CPU
Improved RAM management
ROOT Access
Access to phone and external storage
ART mode can be enabled
Updated Kernel (v17 Coolpad 8297)
Updated baseband
Totally clean of unnecessary apps
 - Data apps (can be uninstalled): Root Explorer, Titanium Backup, Real Calculator, Lucky Patcher
 - System apps: Xposed Framework, Gravity Box, Mobileuncletools.
Changed Music player by APOLLO (CMod Music player)
European APNs
White status bar icons
Android L bootanimation

If CWM recovery doesn't install it, try TWRP recovery.

HOW TO INSTALL:

Go to recovery mode turning it on with vol + and power buttons (at the same time).
Make a wipe factory reset and a wipe cache.
Go to advanced —> Wipe dalvick cache
Mounts —> Format system.
Install zip from SD Card, select and install it.

Optional (Xposed + Gravity Box):
Go to Xposed Installer –> Framework –> Install (don't reboot), then go to Modules and enable Gravity Box

Download: http://www.needrom.com/download/aosp-4-4-v1-multilanguage-laek-17/

Edited by slime00

Laek, is this your rom?

Thanks a lot! :)

So I figured out that the boot loop in Baidu is caused by the language being set to english. If I leave it on chinese it boots fine...

@dakok:

Do you have a PIN code set on your SIM card? The only reason I can think of is that the keypad that shows up when you have to type in your PIN code is bugged.

edit: yup, that was it. I disabled the PIN code and now it boots. Maybe you should add a warning in the Baidu ROM section in your 3rd post so other won't run into this problem.

I will. 

How it behaves?

If you disable PIN and boot the phone can you enable it again and use the phone?

Guest Arpione

How it behaves?

If you disable PIN and boot the phone can you enable it again and use the phone?

I didn't try enabling it again and can't do it right now, I just installed laek's rom. If this doesn't work out either then I'll check if I can enable the PIN code.

Guest slime00

great! :D Thanks yuusuv! :D

Laek, our friend yuusuv uploaded the official 4.4.2 Coolpad/Himax rom AOSP for thailandian 8297w, if you want to mess with it and tweak it (it may be heavier than regular aosp and not perfectly optimized), you are welcome! :D

Right now I'm trying your rom (Laek), it seems great, but I don't seem to have proper root and sim signal in slot 1 seems somewhat weaker than the 4.2 pure, don't know if it's only the indicator. I'll let you know if there is other!

Laek, our friend yuusuv uploaded the official 4.4.2 Coolpad/Himax rom AOSP for thailandian 8297w, if you want to mess with it and tweak it (it may be heavier than regular aosp and not perfectly optimized), you are welcome! :D

Right now I'm trying your rom (Laek), it seems great, but I don't seem to have proper root and sim signal in slot 1 seems somewhat weaker than the 4.2 pure, don't know if it's only the indicator. I'll let you know if there is other!

Sorry for inconvenience, umm.. its 4.4 not 4.4.2.

I have uploaded in needrom, you can download with it or with MEGA. 

Thanks sir, downlooading it now.. thanks alot. hope this rom bug free.

Guest laek.17

I will try it, about signal i found the same that you, is only the indicators, i have tested with speed test and signal tests and is the same as 4.2, maybe if you downgrade the modem you could get more signal (in indicator)

Edited by laek.17

Guest baldos81

As all the others KK roms for F1 there is always the same bug: wrong battery charging animation when switched off. Please if you can fix it because it’s truly a bad animation to see when charging the battery ,also no charging percentage showed. Thank you

Guest laek.17

As all the others KK roms for F1 there is always the same bug: wrong battery charging animation when switched off. Please if you can fix it because it’s truly a bad animation to see when charging the battery ,also no charging percentage showed. Thank you

I have prepared a new logo, in the next update i will fix it Edited by laek.17

I have prepared a new logo, in the next update i will fix it

sir, any patch to make sdcard the default storage? i need it... thx in advance...

Edit, fixed by flashing slime00 4.4Root. thx !!

Edited by yuusuv

for another aosp, there was this file to fix sd card as default storage http://pan.baidu.com/s/1lL92A

don't know if it works for this or if it may cause brick, so use at your own risk if you want!

Permission to reupload your 4.4Root... :D

Some of my regional friends cannot download from ur post, Thanks for the fix. +1

https://www.mediafire.com/?pcuc4t4hau33nur

Edited by yuusuv