Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

in fact it is the same, drivers here are also 15

mb, but in include folder sp_driver who ever

told to install the drivers manually, try it

when phone is off, plug it into the

computer and press the power button one

time only without the d resistant .. clay to a computer in the device manager while the phone is connected when off position, there will be usb vcom com port in the device manager before it turns into a battery charger on the phone, if usb vcom already installed, I'm sure YGDP tools will work best , try to carefully again my way of flashing behind;)

@yuusuv, connect usb to computer, in notif bar, tap more option of usb connection, tap driver rom instalation, then instal ur driver on my computer > polymer

Hi anggriawan!

Drivers are not the same. Most of us flashed driver with chinese interface, about 15MB in size

You sent me another driver (v140208) with english interface (16.4MB) and those inf drivers.

I installed that one of 16.4MB and I couldn't get this window (I use win7):

driver.png

There is no "ports" item at all in my device manager???

I can not get this window when I connect the phone ( phone on or phone off - it is the same ):

usb_vcom.png

No. I like the idea of YGDP Tool, but can't make it work :(

I took out the battery and connected phone to PC - no Ports item in Device Manageg over here???

Edited by dakok

Guest martinoff

there will be no port until you install correctly the driver

with battery out just when you here the classic sound of windows for a new connected device, find it and dont let windows to search for drivers

tell them manualy the path and install the drivers

then you will see the port of mediatek

ah, i forget. Have you disable the signature of drivers ?

maybe windows don't install them couse of signature ....

Edited by martinoff

Any fix on kk to update the storage? Its still download and save to the internal not the sd, but obb are saved in sd is read-ed by the apk... Why not the download-type-thing? Any fix guys? T.i.a

Seems, android/obb is readed but not android/data

Edited by yuusuv

there will be no port until you install correctly the driver

with battery out just when you here the classic sound of windows for a new connected device, find it and dont let windows to search for drivers

tell them manualy the path and install the drivers

then you will see the port of mediatek

ah, i forget. Have you disable the signature of drivers ?

maybe windows don't install them couse of signature ....

I installed vcom drivers from here but there is no trace of f1 while connecting with or without battery.

But now orange line starts in YGDP :)

Guest baldos81

Baldos81 Rom has this issue fixed, hope laek can fix this in his v2 as well!

Che ne pensi Slime... è stato un mezzo parto questa rom, ma a me il telefono mi va fluidissimo, da ieri sera mai un impuntamento!

What about the ROM guys! I hope you like It!

Well guys, i'm thrilled. :D

YGDP works!!!

I flashed official 036 release in CPB format through that flash tool.

Before I forget it, to write down what I did:

I chose 8297w in YGDP Tool

(I didn't press power button while connecting phone or after that)

Now downloading Himax Polymer rom :D

P.S.

The main issue was Vcom driver.  Before I installed it, there was a black and white charging battery icon when I connected the phone (switched off)

When I installed that driver and connect the phone (switched off), there was a bolt symbol with chinese letters

Edited by dakok

Guest slime00

Che ne pensi Slime... è stato un mezzo parto questa rom, ma a me il telefono mi va fluidissimo, da ieri sera mai un impuntamento!

I'll tell you baldos: the rom is very very nice :D I think it's very good and a lot mature for a v1, you did a fantastic job! :)

Everything major seems to work (from what I tried at least!)

The phone is fluid and Memories are correctly displayed and works well (the phone reboots and changes the storage, as it should be)

Power manager seems to work (unlike pure 4.2), it seems the phone takes more time to start heating

no problems with apps and compatibility so far :)

for suggestions for v2, as I told to laek, I may suggest:

- try to find why sms don't wake the screen when received (when you disable the window for push messages, the screen stays black)

- there is a chinese app under performance mode (I bet is mtktweak) that is unusable since it is in chinese

- headset button doesn't work, neither for answering nor for closing the call

- soft touch buttons doesn't seem to vibrate, even if it's enabled from the profile

- laek rom had a nice blue led for sms received, red was for lost calls and green for notifications/battery charge, do you thing it's implementable here?

- the small 3g indicators incorrectly displayed  (for user that don't want to use gravitybox)

for those small things (like headset button, battery screen) I suggest you to check the official 4.4 Aosp (we have a backup posted by yuusuv a few pages back, for twrp), usually those small things that are hard to fix in official roms are ok! :)

Ottimo lavoro, ho messo la tua rom e sostituite le altre che usavo, con qualche piccola modifica sarà la rom definitiva, continua così! :)

Edited by slime00

Guest baldos81

Mi fa piacere davvero, e mi farebbe ancora più piacere se rimarcassi queste cose anche sul thread di androidiani. Cercherò di mettere a posto queste piccole cose per renderla perfetta!

Thank you Slime, happy to hear that and ready to Fix these little minor minor bugs!

I'll tell you baldos: the rom is very very nice :D I think it's very good and a lot mature for a v1, you did a fantastic job! :)

Everything major seems to work (from what I tried at least!)

The phone is fluid and Memories are correctly displayed and works well (the phone reboots and changes the storage, as it should be)

Power manager seems to work (unlike pure 4.2), it seems the phone takes more time to start heating

no problems with apps and compatibility so far :)

for suggestions for v2, as I told to laek, I may suggest:

- try to find why sms don't wake the screen when received (when you disable the window for push messages, the screen stays black)

- there is a chinese app under performance mode (I bet is mtktweak) that is unusable since it is in chinese

- headset button doesn't work, neither for answering nor for closing the call

- laek rom had a nice blue led for sms received, red was for lost calls and green for notifications/battery charge, do you thing it's implementable here?

for those small things (like headset button, battery screen) I suggest you to check the official 4.4 Aosp (we have a backup posted by yuusuv a few pages back, for twrp), usually those small things that are hard to fix in official roms are ok! :)

Ottimo lavoro, ho messo la tua rom e sostituite le altre che usavo, con qualche piccola modifica sarà la rom definitiva, continua così! :)

Just deciced to use this one...

Ur review are so good...

Downloading, slow net anyway... Haha

Hope it works..

Guest laek.17

nice work and thank you, but just my opinion too much tweaks and scripts

i like it as much pure it can be, for scripts i use only fly-on-mod

jajajaja, don't worry it have fly on mod incluided.

Edited by laek.17

Guest slime00

How clean should it be?

Should I root it and flash gapps (without sign-in)?

as clean as you wish! :) I think it's a good solution with only gapps! :D

and if you can add some first impressions, it can only be better! :D

Edited by slime00

Guest laek.17

Just deciced to use this one...

Ur review are so good...

Downloading, slow net anyway... Haha

Hope it works..

Im sorry friend, i have not much time to investigate some bugs, i made it fast because the problem of wifi and 3g signal, and to incluide new kernel, when i have time, i will try to find solution for this errors. Sorry but i don't understand this - try to find why sms don't wake the screen when received (when you disable the window for push messages, the screen stays black). Try the v2, maybe it will solve this bug.

The other 3 bugs i will investigate to solve it.

PD: To download faster, try Internet Download Manager, you will download at maximum velocity.

Edited by laek.17

17:36:48  CELL0: Software Version:  Assembly - <V3.83Beta_140509_12>

17:36:48  CELL0: Cell 0 USB address is: com14

17:36:48  CELL0: Start Download.

17:36:48  CELL0: Download Started...

17:36:48  CELL0: Downloading CPB:

17:36:48  CELL0: Init Connect Arg.

17:36:48  CELL0: Downlaod DA Start.

17:36:51  CELL0: Downlaod DA Success.

17:36:51  CELL0: This CPB for the Phone don't support Check CID.

17:36:51  CELL0: Verify is Partition be Changed.

17:36:51  CELL0: Partition is not Changed.

17:36:51  CELL0: Get Usb Status Success.

17:36:51  CELL0: Read YL-Parames Partition Start.

17:36:52  CELL0: Read YL-Parames Partition Success.

17:36:52  CELL0: Check between YL-Parames Partition and PhoneInfo Start.

17:36:52  CELL0: Check between YL-Parames Partition and PhoneInfo Failed.

17:36:52  CELL0: Check YL-Parames Partition Failed, The CPB is not for the Phone.

17:36:52  CELL0: DisConnect.

17:37:12  CELL0: Total download time elapsed: 0 min : 24 sec

17:37:12  CELL0: Downloading CPB: Failed!

The same thing Borsosg got :(

It seems that there is some difference between Himax Polymer and Coolpad F1

Good news is that this extremely simple tool works for official Coolpad buids in CPB format :D

Guest slime00

I think it's that "phoneinfo", a sort of security control, which prevents the rom from flashing if the model is labeled differently (even if it's the same device)

Edited by slime00

Your ROM is so far very good, no bugs reported from me (i dont mind that 3g indicator stuff). I hope that it will stay fluid after a couple of days of use, and a good battery life. :)