Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Tried that 4.4 CoolUI 5.7 from F2 phone. It stucks on Google registration after gapps flashing.

Running on 4.4 CoolUI 5.7 from F2 phone at the moment, tried Gapps kk version and had to revert to Gapps jb version which worked fine, ran AnTuTu and scored 30,120 and it thinks it is Coolpad 8675, noticed mobile uncle tools does not work in this rom, still playing with it....

In CoolUI you can install gapps without gapps.

Go to accessibility settings and

start GMS upgrade.

Phone connects to some server

and downloads google apps and

reboots and flashes them through recovery

Guest st3pb4ck

It would be nice , when you benchmark to check EPIC CITADEL benchmark also which is also pretty good reference. I on 4.2.2 AOSP have 48 FPS, while on 4.2 ATX I had 59 FPS. Wonder how much is on KitKat.....

btw. I benchmarked this without force stopping anything (1 GB ram free)

edit:

Dakok - yeah you are right :) but  I need some rest from swapping roms  :)

Xeros2 - many tnx for bechmarking guess will stick on Pure AOSP 4.2 for now. I dont like 10 fps difference than atx 039, but I like Gravitibox ....

Here are my v5.0 results  (not 5.0 beta , this is 5.0 version) on pure aosp 4.2:

total  30872

UX

Multitask 3837

runtime 1387

RAM

ram operation 3663

ram speed 1763

cpu - multi thread

cpu integer - 3464

cpu float point - 4347

cpu single thread

cpu integer - 1107

cpu float point - 1289

GPU

2d graphics 1659

3d graphics - 6807

IO

storage io - 908

database io - 605

O yeah one more thing. Regarding camera. I know lot of you worship fv-5, and for a reason , but try snap camera HDR, you will find some great stuff in it trust me...

Edited by st3pb4ck

It would be nice , when you benchmark to check EPIC CITADEL benchmark also which is also pretty good reference. I on 4.2.2 AOSP have 48 FPS, while on 4.2 ATX I had 59 FPS. Wonder how much is on KitKat.....

On AOSP 4.4.2 ROM by laek.17 v2.1:

Average FPS: 44.9

Performance: High Quality

System clean, force stopped other apps, restarted recently. no other I/O or CPU usage.

App just installed, run, hit "Benchmark" option.

I suppose I would have had more FPS on AOSP 4.2.2 as the feeling the difference in 3D benchmarks and games is still notice'able between 4.2.2 & 4.4.2 AOSP.

Edited by xeros2

kitkat is still in beta, so it's absolutely possible that it underperforms in comparison to jellybean, the xp of android! I'm curious to see how the micromax behaves, since it should be a more mature version of KK. 

kitkat is still in beta, so it's absolutely possible that it underperforms in comparison to jellybean, the xp of android! I'm curious to see how the micromax behaves, since it should be a more mature version of KK. 

Right, but I suppose the end of beta releases is near.

I wonder also how's the performance of Indonesian ROMs Himax Polymer as these are also a bit more mature than 4.4.2 for Coolpad F1.

Guest martinoff

don't push him, when you push you have much possibilty for buggy rom

and the latest one from your write wasn't a good one

when i test his rom i just saw that it dos not support ext4 and there was no voltd.fstab but only one fstab at root

calm down and be patient, let the dev to do his best

Edited by martinoff

don't push him, when you push you have much possibilty for buggy rom

and the latest one from your write wasn't a good one

when i test his rom i just saw that it dos not support ext4 and there was no voltd.fstab but only one fstab at root

calm down and be patient, let the dev to do his best

Vold.fstab don't exist in kitkat, the fstab you mean is on boot.img Edited by laek.17

Guest martinoff

ok. didn't know it, sorry

so i have to extract boot.img ? btw i try to change your fstab the line for sd (which in mount command is twice) from vfat to ext4 but again android said that my card was damaged

Edited by martinoff

when i test his rom i just saw that it dos not support ext4 

ext4 for what exactly?

I thought that the main partition had to be [ext?]FAT[32] and primary.

Therafter additional primary partitions could be other filesystems and seen by other stuff like link2sd etc.?

How exactly is your card partitioned/formatted and what are you trying to do?

Hope this helps.

Edited by dalyer

Crayon AOSP - V2

http://bbs.ydss.cn/thread-472580-1-1.html

2014-9-15: 1.Android L4.4.2 style, native custom, the ultimate smooth, power is also required amendments to the storage section 2, the storage can mount an external SD card, connected to the computer by default MTP mode 3 camera can not fix problems connected camera imaging is normal, normal flash setting options 4 / timer switch can be time, and breathing light color settings, such as 5 to improve the sound quality, adjust the volume small problem 6. integrated V4 sound after power to set their own 7. Built ROOT privileges, retention Google Services Note: The first boot is slow, please be patient: this version ROOT privileges need to brush directly into the full package later ROOT card brush patch, the latter will be available for download address

Download: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1hqj7GRM

Edited by slime00

Guest martinoff

my card is 64G samsung evo and dont want to format it to fat32 or exfat

i have files bigger then 4Gb and if android can give me a very good,fast and stable and with journal filesystem like ext4 YES i want to use it

the fat is filesystem from the ice age, can do much truble in sd and have many times corrupt files

i am familar with linux and filesystems but i am not at all with android

Hi tcpaulh!

One more g300 owner got himself a Coolpad F1...

We should donate one to Daz :D

It's cheaper than Huawei g300 was when I bought it

Edited by dakok

Now i know why i couldn't translate himax rom, is because it was based on android 4.4, not android 4.4.2, i was using a 4.4.2 to translate.

Slime told me that could be it, and yes this is the reason.

I will continue working on kitkat, but i want the last 4.2 coolui in spanish ;), im thinking to add multilanguage if i have time...

Edited by laek.17