Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Not the taste.

We can guess what a smart Chinese would buy.

Surely not that Cubot, Star, Landvo, Elephone, Doogee, iNew, Kingzone, Leagoo, 

Mpai, Mpei, Jiake, Mijue, Catee, HDC...

crap :D

Guest mindtrapper

Cheers Mindtrapper, I'd probably keep the himax one if it was a black background. Too bright when your pratting about in bed flashing stuff haha.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxrjqgdj9pul2pl/update.zip?dl=0

Here is a logo I made based on himax one. It is basically the stock from 041 but I changed the first screen with something similar to himax (but black background) and also translated the chinese messages when the phone is charging when off.

After my logo the stock chinese message with F1 and Coolpad on the bottom appears because I think that part is based on ROM (eg Color OS had it's own booting animation). That's the part that can change easily with apps from Play Store, like ROM Toolbox or others.

Charging animation still broken when the battery appears, don't know how to fix that, maybe a dev could give me a hint.

post-1044179-0-80563500-1412010814_thumb

post-1044179-0-99158900-1412010835_thumb

post-1044179-0-00936000-1412010842_thumb

post-1044179-0-63336200-1412010853_thumb

post-1044179-0-16441600-1412010862_thumb

Guest martinoff

TWRP 2.7.0.0 translated

PLEASE MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP WITH NVRAM INCLUDED

I dont have to tell you that you MUST have a backup with Mtk-Droid-tool also

Now i need some feedback from the brave mans here

I have tested in my phone and it is working ok

the original is from SevenSummer from ydss forum

Edited by martinoff

Just trying to save NVRAM for a friend in trouble :)

I might try it

Good timing :D

Please, make a new topic later

New TWRP deserves it

Edited by dakok

Guest martinoff

just grab the img and unpack it

find the ui files in ramdisk

translate them with english

repack the img

and finally visit a doctor for your eyes

if you want to try it you have to use linux for unpack/repack and i'll tell the steps

now i have to change the icons but after you give me some feedback :P

Guest martinoff

http://teamw.in/project/twrp2

What's new in 2.7.0.0:
  • Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
  • Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
  • Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
  • Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
  • Text wrap in the console output
  • Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
  • Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
  • Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
  • Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions
  • Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
  • Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
  • Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
  • Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
  • USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
  • Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
  • Add 4.4 AOSP decrypt support
  • Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
  • Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes

Note: 2.7 marks the first time that we are dropping support for older devices. We are doing this because of the SELinux support needed to install 4.4 Kit Kat ROMs. The non-TWRP parts of the recovery image have to be built in at least a 4.1 tree and the kernel that is included in the recovery image has to support writing SELinux contexts. We don't own most of the devices that we support so we depend on outside testers and developers to help us update devices. In many cases we can't find someone readily. Come to #twrp on Freenode if you want to help bring your device up to date. You can tell right away if your device will support 4.4 ROMs in 2.7. Boot TWRP and press the console button (the square-ish button either in the bottom middle or upper right) to view the console output. If it doesn't say "Full SELinux support" in the console, then your device still needs some work. Help us help you.

What's new in 2.6.0.0:

Special Note: If you are running a custom theme, some of the changes in 2.6.0.0 will likely not be visible with your custom theme.

• Can encrypt a backup to prevent theft of private data from your backup files
  • Updated graphics / icon courtesy of shift
  • Updated exFAT to latest commits
  • Fixed a problem with Samsung TouchWiz decryption
  • Update SuperSU binary
  • Fixed saving of backup partitions list
  • Fixed saving of last used zip install folder
  • Fixed backup of datadata on devices that use a separate partition for datadata
  • Fixed some issues with the advanced wipe list (android_secure, can now wipe internal storage on data/media deivces and wipe data on the advanced list no longer formats the entire data partition)
  • Fixed some problems with partitioning a SD card
  • Various other bug fixes and tweaks

Notes about encrypted backups:
Why encrypt your backups? -- Most people store their backups on the device. Any app that has permission to access storage could potentially read your backup files and try to harvest your data. Encrypted backups also provide an added layer of security if you move your backups to other storage devices or to the cloud. The encryption that we're using is probably not strong enough for enterprise level security, but should be strong enough to make it significantly difficult to get to your data.

Encryption is using OpenAES which uses AES 128-bit cbc encryption. If you happen to use a longer password (over 16 characters) then the encryption strength improves to 192 or 256 bits. Do not forget your password. If you forget your password you will be unable to restore your backup. We don't encrypt the entire backup. Encryption is very CPU intensive and can be fairly slow even when we spread the workload over multiple cores even on the latest high-end devices. To ensure that encrypted backups don't take forever, we don't encrypt any other partitions besides /data and in /data we don't encrypt /data/app (or other app related directories where apks are stored) and we don't encrypt dalvik cache.

TWRP 2.7.0.0 translated

PLEASE MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP WITH NVRAM INCLUDED

I dont have to tell you that you MUST have a backup with Mtk-Droid-tool also

Now i need some feedback from the brave mans here

I have tested in my phone and it is working ok

the original is from SevenSummer from ydss forum

great work man! :D Thank you very much, I'll give it a ride in the next days! Do you think the new 2.8 could be translated when a stable version for our phone will be out in chinese forums?

Guest Dovahpig

@slime00

My son has v987 and wife has v967s

I am following china trends for some time.... :D

Im glad about v967s cause the roms for it are dryed out and zte is no longer selling v967s/v987s

I'm testing new emUI and long press

on home button opens google now.

Long press on menu button opens

active apps list.

It looks familiar - somebody reported

this recently in another rom.

Was it micromax?

Guest Mouratti

@laek.17 has problem with enabling data connection,for some reason it keeps enabling and I have to restart to enable...

This wasnt in previous version :/

On version V4??

So first bug you find?

I'm testing new emUI and long press

on home button opens google now.

Long press on menu button opens

active apps list.

It looks familiar - somebody reported

this recently in another rom.

Was it micromax?

Yep, I don't know why they change something like that other than to annoy the users...