Guest dakok

I'm testing new emUI and long press

on home button opens google now.

Long press on menu button opens

active apps list.

It looks familiar - somebody reported

this recently in another rom.

Was it micromax?

I don't have this "issue", I press the home button to show active apps! are you trying the "dancing apple" version of the 2.3?

I would like to enable volume keys to wake the phone, since gravitybox seems incompatible with the rom, but had no luck editing keylayout files so far.

Edited by slime00

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxrjqgdj9pul2pl/update.zip?dl=0

Here is a logo I made based on himax one. It is basically the stock from 041 but I changed the first screen with something similar to himax (but black background) and also translated the chinese messages when the phone is charging when off.

After my logo the stock chinese message with F1 and Coolpad on the bottom appears because I think that part is based on ROM (eg Color OS had it's own booting animation). That's the part that can change easily with apps from Play Store, like ROM Toolbox or others.

Charging animation still broken when the battery appears, don't know how to fix that, maybe a dev could give me a hint.

Awesome mindtrapper, using this now, looks great ;)

Guest martinoff

I have changed the icons with the stock

in the top bar on the right there is same space if anyone want to add something, the coolpad logo maybe....

3TCbXFr.png

here is the png

TJkP2xA.jpg

and this is the preview logo

frM4gqR.jpg

you can mess with it and make some nice logos and i will repack them

please add the TeamWin letters somehow because that team make a awesome work and they deserve it  ;)  

i updated the link so you can redownload it

ps: dakok please make a new thread because my english aren't so good  :(

Edited by martinoff

Guest misha124

I have changed the icons with the stock

in the top bar on the right there is same space if anyone want to add something, the coolpad logo maybe....

3TCbXFr.png

here is the png

TJkP2xA.jpg

and this is the preview logo

frM4gqR.jpg

you can mess with it and make some nice logos and i will repack them

please add the TeamWin letters somehow because that team make a awesome work and they deserve it  ;)  

i updated the link so you can redownload it

ps: dakok please make a new thread because my english aren't so good  :(

does not make backups on sd card gives an error

Guest misha124

I made NVRAM backup last night.

You have to save backup to external card - check that again

on the internal memory backup does, but on the sd card gives an error, I want to make a backup of all the firmware on the sd card, I can not. an error creating a folder

Guest misha124

I think you can't make complete backup on internal memory. It is not possible as far as I know. It gives an error

in version 2.6, you can create a backup on the sd card, and in version 2.7 can not only to the internal memory on the sd card error( back to version 2.6

Just finished complete backup of EmUI to SD card

Backup Complete

Successful!

Reboot System

Did you check memory sizes?

They might be switched?

Edited by dakok

If there is someone else with EmUI by First Job (merry green apple) please report bugs.

I wouldn't like to make a new repack soon just to find out that rom is not so good after all :)

Hello. My first post here!

I'm very close in ordering a Coolpad F1 as my first smartphone.

I was looking for days for the best option around this amount of money and I'm now pretty sure that this is the best vfm.

I don't mind that you need to have some experience to take everything from this phone since I'm willing to learn and the support especialy from this community is pure gold.

My main concern though is the performance of the camera mainly for taking pictures in normal circumstandings. 13mp Sony camera sounds great but you can never be sure with a chinese product and either I find some complaints about dim photos or no comments at all. I don't need a superb camera( which is something absurd for that price) in my phone but just a proper one to do my business(amateur photographing of artwork and paintings mainly).Can someone make a comparison with Xiaomi Red Rice 1s(I heard great things about its camera but the 1giga ram is still worrying me and thats why coolpad is No 1 for the moment) and Jiayu G4S cameras which are my other options?

Btw I know that the performance of the camera varies depending of the rom you are using but still I'm not sure if the problems(if any) are hardware or not, since I couldn't find a rom that makes a miracle in this part of the phone. If it's not a hardware problem(or the real quality of the camera) do you expect a rom that will make a huge improvement for this part in the future?

Thanks for the help!

Edited by psof

Hello psof and welcome! :) I don't know how the camera of these two devices behaves, but Coolpad's one has a very good quality for this pricetag, but its quality differs from rom to rom, so it's strictly a software issue. Some users talk very good of the coloros camera, but I didn't test it. the stock rom, CoolUI, has the best camera quality I have tried, the emui I'm trying right now is very very close (maybe on the same level) and seems to be a very good rom all around (with multilanguage support). The AOSPs (Jonzalvo 4.2, Laek 4.4) have the worst camera quality I've tried, much noise in photos, but maybe the best roms for everything else. An user (Arpione) released a patch to improve Jonzalvo's camera for third part camera apps, but I didn't test it yet. As you can see, you have many options to try, order the Coolpad an join us, you won't be disappointed! :)

If there is someone else with EmUI by First Job (merry green apple) please report bugs.

I wouldn't like to make a new repack soon just to find out that rom is not so good after all :)

whatsapp notifications (restored from titanium, at least) have the same issues as laek's rom (late notification). installing PNF and putting recomended values for push notifications and wifi seems to make things better. I can't find major bugs on this rom, but I didn't had the possibility to test how bluetooth and gps work.

Edited by slime00

Guest korekore1

whatsapp notifications (restored from titanium, at least) have the same issues as laek's rom (late notification). installing PNF and putting recomended values for push notifications and wifi seems to make things better. I can't find major bugs on this rom, but I didn't had the possibility to test how bluetooth and gps work.

Whats PNF?!

Can somebody upload the new FIRE root patch?

The AOSPs (Jonzalvo 4.2, Laek 4.4) have the worst camera quality I've tried, much noise in photos, but maybe the best roms for everything else. An user (Arpione) released a patch to improve Jonzalvo's camera for third part camera apps, but I didn't test it yet.

Have you tried Jonzalvo's AOSP 4.2.2 1.0 (not PURE version, the one before replacement of camera libs)?

I have a feeling that it had better camera (both speed & quality) than at least Laek's 4.4.2 v2.1 & v3.

Besides that, F1 has very good & quick camera, limited only by software.