Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest yuvalgrim

Flash has always been problematic but I think there was some improvement in 041. As for the clarity and vividness, after applying the patch I can't see any difference in quality between 2 pictures taken under the same circumstances, although I have the flash turned off on purpose.

I just finished modifying the built-in camera app, it can be downloaded here along with the other patches: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6ZpvMRRlFJ_aXBla2hYeUI5YUk&usp=sharing

Can you upload this file to other website please?

Guest Arpione

Maybe you should try to find the libs in 041 to fix the flash in PURE v2? :)

I tried the driver from 040 (041 wasn't out then yet) but every camera app crashed, that's why I made the patch from 039. I might give 041 a try, but I doubt it'll work.

Edited by Arpione

Guest thehobit

Dead phone:help needed

I'm with leak 3.0 which was working very well so far. All of a sudden after completing recharge, the phone is dead. Removing the battery does not help.

Any hint? Thanks

Guest Arpione

Dead phone:help needed

I'm with leak 3.0 which was working very well so far. All of a sudden after completing recharge, the phone is dead. Removing the battery does not help.

Any hint? Thanks

If you connect it to your PC while it's turned off (shouldn't be hard since it doesn't turn on :D) can you see the virtual COM port in device manager? If yes then try to flash a stock rom with YGDP. If not... well then hopefully someone else can help.

Guest martinoff

You can see it only if you put out the battery first, and then connect the phone to pc. And you will see it only until a few seconds.

yeap, i can confirm this with win8.1

Vanishing Beauty (F.I.R.E) released custom version of

CoolUI 4.4.2 build 010

download

He said that this is true ART now

221724psmldct3flsd3dld.png

Disclaimer: This ROM based on Coolpad F1 Unicom official 4.4 beta version of the second edition of production, the version number is 010, the official was not officially due to the cumbersome process to push 010 version, but I have been the first update , with real ART mode, the first estimate is MTK6592 system version 4.2 with support for real-mode system ART, ART mode select switch to need to wait a few minutes, and then displays the Android system is being upgraded, direct brush machine, in the official basis, I made ​​some simple optimization, we hope serious experience, civilization feedback BUG!

How to switch to ART mode: 

1 Open [system Settings] - [on the phone] - [phone configuration information] - click  for 7 times at version number, then prompts you to have opened [developer mode] 

2 return [setup] interface options open [Developers] - [Open] to select the operating environment - Select [ART] use, the system will prompt window pops up, select [OK], 

The phone will automatically restart, patiently waiting for 3-5 minutes, your phone is in the ART environment to run it. 

ART advantages: 

1.ART operating environment enables the execution time for most applications halved 
Performance 2 it will significantly improve battery life and system 

ART Disadvantages: 

1 byte code into machine code, the application footprint size may be increased by 10% -20% 
2 Installation time applications become longer 
3 Some applications are not compatible with ART mode, you can not run 

Note: 

Because the official is not the default network automatically, please open the
[settings] - [Time and Date] - will automatically determine the date and time [] and [] tick automatically determined zone 

System: 

Streamlined system built app 
Add ROOT privileges and rights management 
MTP mode is enabled by default 
Add Boot power applications 
Join hosts file to block ads 
Add sony Bravia V3 complete display engine 
Add sony Xloud sound volume increases 
Add the latest ViPER4 Sound 
Optimizing picture shows the effect of 100% 
Enhance video quality 
Enhance the photographic effect 
Open the GPU rendering 
Open init.d Service 
Integrate the latest busybox tools 

Desktop Related: 

Reorder icons, beautiful and clean 
Close waterfall stream 

Ringtones Themes: 

Join nice ringtones (WhereGo.mp3) 
Join Oppo Find 5 comes with built-in ring tones (Jumping Finger.mp3) 
Join Transformers Super Hornet played music (kingcame.mp3) 
Join seconds to get up ringtones (sunset.mp3) 
Join Samsung GalaxyNote whistle SMS tones (Galaxy.mp3) 

Call: 
Open call volume series of 20 

Official update: 

System 

Fix: switch voice is mobile version of the problem 
Repair: After the data space is filled with phone cards dead issue 

Communications 

New dual 3G capabilities 

Cool butler 

Fix: Cool housekeeper password can not update problems

Edited by dakok

Guest HarlemOrange

So I flashed the AOSP 4.4 of Laek.

But I messed up, my phone won't detect the SIM card.

Will restoring the backup I made with CWM, fix it?

Also when I do the recovery of the stock rom will it be exactly as the moment I backed up?

So, will the apps and appdata be there, and wallpaper etc.

Thanks!

Guest thehobit

If you connect it to your PC while it's turned off (shouldn't be hard since it doesn't turn on :D) can you see the virtual COM port in device manager? If yes then try to flash a stock rom with YGDP. If not... well then hopefully someone else can help.

Thanks. The problem was malfunctioning USB cable that completely drained the battery instead of charging.

Guest HarlemOrange

So I flashed the AOSP 4.4 of Laek.

But I messed up, my phone won't detect the SIM card.

Will restoring the backup I made with CWM, fix it?

Also when I do the recovery of the stock rom will it be exactly as the moment I backed up?

So, will the apps and appdata be there, and wallpaper etc.

Thanks!

I forgot to mention, my phone is a TD-SCMA. So maybe that caused the problem. I dont know.

I really don't want to lose the functionality of the SIM.

You can easily switch from WCDMA to TD SCDMA

I'd take a look at IMEI in settings - do you have it there?

CWM backup will restore everything but you may have problems if you IMEI is lost 

Edited by dakok

Guest dalyer

I forgot to mention, my phone is a TD-SCMA. So maybe that caused the problem. I dont know.

That's the problem.

That ROM is WCDMA.

One of the top posts in this thread mentions a way of patching TD-SCDMA ROMs to work on WCDMA.

I presume the opposite is possible but you would need the appropriate modem files ideally in a CWM zip format - they probably exist but I'm not sure where.

Hope this helps.

Edit: post crossed with dakok's...

Edited by dalyer

Guest HarlemOrange

I thought it wouldn't be a problem as long I didn't use data connection (which will never work).

Checked the settings of the phone, it says my IMEI is unknown. 

Edit: Is it save to restore the stock rom? Or could I screw up things even more?

Edited by HarlemOrange

Guest slime00

dakok, i flashed a tdscma rom in past and had no sim signal on both slots. So the same is for our friend! There should be a patch Wcdma - - > TDscma, but since we all have the W version is unfindable here. I'll try to find it in chinese forums!

Edited by slime00