[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest rederik75

I use exchange and I've never had a problem with it, but I don't use WhatsApp so I can't verify that.

I had the hope that it was a conflict between exchange and whatsapp, but I can confirm that whatsapp is the guilty... :(

The problem is that I can't stay without it, I use it with my family and for work...  :angry:

One last try: I'll reinstall it from the store, and not from TB backup, who knows?

Guest wator

I had the hope that it was a conflict between exchange and whatsapp, but I can confirm that whatsapp is the guilty... :(

The problem is that I can't stay without it, I use it with my family and for work...  :angry:

One last try: I'll reinstall it from the store, and not from TB backup, who knows?

i use exchange and Whatsapp its works okay together!

@H3ROS I really love the rom, :-) for my use its perfect , i don’t have any games installed.

but a question": why did u use android 4.1, i thought 4.4 is smaller in size and ram use?

Edited by wator

Guest painteramit

@H3ROS I really love the rom, :-) for my use its perfect , i don’t have any games installed.

but a question": why did u use android 4.1, i thought 4.4 is smaller in size and ram use?

+1

this is posted in the Slimkat topic: might be you make a use of it H3ROS

spanitzer, on 02 Jul 2014 - 1:26 PM, said:snapback.png

Edited by painteramit

Guest H3ROS

@ wator

This is the stock Huawei ROM converted back to AOSP. That's reason #1 why it's called AOSP MOD. Reason #2 would be because I've updated a lot of the apps since many apps from Android 4.1.1 would be very outdated.

I've tried libs for similar hardware before, but they either didn't boost performance or they caused the phone to bootloop.

Guest sale385

Txn H3ROS for your work. I instaled your rom few days ago.I have some problems, the fon was laggy and slow, but after i move the 01extra from init.d to micro sd card, everthing was o.k. I have G510-200, and i used TWRP. I have a little battery drain, but i supose that is becacuse i use 2g/3g network mod all the time. 

Guest H3ROS

Do you have update 3 installed? That fixes all known issues.

B200 was released by Huawei for the G510, but I've got it working on the Y300. So the ROM should use the exact same amount of battery as the stock B200 ROM would for you.

Guest sale385

Yes, i have the last update, but the lags were still present. After moving 01extra to sd card there is no problems. I will try a clean instal once more and i hope that will help. Thank you for a quick answer. 

Guest porozex

i got some problems with connections (wi-fi, data) they sometimes keep disconnecting the icons become grey :S. i will post a logcat soon

Guest H3ROS

I don't know if is kernel related (I use cexstel 0.62) but LGCamera doesn't work, no shooting

The Play Store free version works fine for me. Default ROM settings with the stock kernel.

@ porozex

It could be radio related, but I've not changed the radio. You're also using the exact same Y300 model as myself and I don't have any connection issues.

The logcat might say why you're losing connection, but you'd need to capture it at the right time.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest porozex

The Play Store free version works fine for me. Default ROM settings with the stock kernel.

@ porozex

It could be radio related, but I've not changed the radio. You're also using the exact same Y300 model as myself and I don't have any connection issues.

The logcat might say why you're losing connection, but you'd need to capture it at the right time.

im using synopsis kernel as i know it have radio drivers updated.. maybe thats why i lose it?

logcat:  http://pastebin.com/ZVbU7Mw5

sorry if is too long :S the errors should be almost on the end

Edited by porozex

Guest H3ROS

I see that you've got some heavy apps installed (Facebook, Facebook chat and Skype). That shouldn't be too much of a problem, but I do see one other app that changes the way the network works. You're using Greenify, correct? Or you at least have it installed and it's running in the background.

If you go into the WiFi menu, press the options key and select advanced is your WiFi set to always be enabled during sleep?

Guest lolletto

H3ROS, Have you already activated power collapse in the ROM (in order to increase battery)?

Edited by lolletto

Guest porozex

I see that you've got some heavy apps installed (Facebook, Facebook chat and Skype). That shouldn't be too much of a problem, but I do see one other app that changes the way the network works. You're using Greenify, correct? Or you at least have it installed and it's running in the background.

If you go into the WiFi menu, press the options key and select advanced is your WiFi set to always be enabled during sleep?

greenify is installed but i didnt greenify these 3 app as i want to keep the notifications of them. i tried to set that option but if the phone stays in deep sleep for a longer time it always lose wi-fi connection

Guest barnir

so this isn't  really a problem just informing what happened and if someone had the issue, i use the native E-mail app that comes with the rom, i did a clean flash yesterday.

Today i had 1 notification (1 email to read) so i did read it and deleted, but i had the Led blinking while screen was off, and 0 Notifications. i had to restart it and then i got 2 emails. someone had this problem?

Guest H3ROS

H3ROS, Have you already activated power collapse in the ROM (in order to increase battery)?

It's the same as stock, so if the stock kernel has it enabled (likely) then so does this.

@ porozex

If you use Greenify on any app it should effect WiFi/data for all apps. I don't know too much about it though as I don't use it.

@ barnir

A forced refresh might of updated what was displayed. You'd need to let me know if it happens again at some point.

Guest barnir

@ barnir

A forced refresh might of updated what was displayed. You'd need to let me know if it happens again at some point.

Will do mate, for now looks to be normal, i already received another email, deleted it and its fine :)

Guest porozex

It's the same as stock, so if the stock kernel has it enabled (likely) then so does this.

@ porozex

If you use Greenify on any app it should effect WiFi/data for all apps. I don't know too much about it though as I don't use it.

@ barnir

so i will try do remove it a see what happens

Guest StewieTech

H3ROS, which kernel do you recommend that satisfy the following requisites: 1) most stable/bug free; 2) underclock support; ...?

Second, can you increase the audio like cm 10.1? Other than that it´s pretty good, keep the good work. Thanks.

Guest H3ROS

Well, depending on how far you want to underclock the stock kernel can do it. Other than that the latest Synopsis kernel is okay, but it'll break bluetooth for calls.

The audio can easily be boosted with ViPER4Android. Just go to UI settings and set it to moderate or expert and change the output gain to 6.0dB.

Here's the settings I often use: http://www.modaco.com/topic/372741-rom-411-b200-aosp-mod/page-3#entry2215143

Guest Syssx420

Hey, I'm here to just drop some feedback.

No reboots so far (and I'm using Synopsis (325Hz GPU, 200Mhz something (experimental)). I've missed zRam/swap (Walking Dead needs swap :D) function on stock so I've decided to try this one. UI is smooth with stock and also with Synopsis. Only thing that bothers me is Shuttle music player. Don't know if it's only me but when I am on "SONGS" - all songs menu, the scrolling is "lagging" like scrolling on CM11 (I've just installed Apollo and disabled Shuttle) Gaming is also smooth.

Also when I will have some spare time I will translate the Lidroid toggles app to Czech and drop strings here. Also I won't probably modify this ROM to make it my "FusionX Reborn" because it's already pretty beast and I like it a lot.

Cheers!

Guest StewieTech

Well i use 65mhz underclock and it does wonders during idle. I can´t remember how the default 320mhz behave regarding battery. 

I´ll give a go at viper. Thanks.

Guest H3ROS

@ Syssx420

Hey,

Scrolling in Shuttle has been okay for me, but I have a lot of custom audio files that don't have album art so maybe that's why. But the reason I use Shuttle over Apollo is because Apollo is kind of buggy in general. Like album art in Apollo doesn't update fast, it's lower quality and you can sometimes end up with the wrong album art displayed in notfications. Shuttle on the other hand looks good and the devs constantly making improvements. I love it's UI animations too :)

In some areas I've already spent an hour or two manually copying over translations from newer versions of Android, so I'd like to avoid that. I'll release updates for almost anything as long as someone provides the translations though.

@ StewieTech

In that case you'll need the latest version of Synopsis as the lowest the stock kernel goes is 196 Mhz. The battery life is still very good though.

@ porozex

Weird. I've never had that issue, but having said that I don't run a lot of heavy apps. Having something like Skype, Facebook, Facebook chat and WhatsApp would be bound to run into some issues though.

I can easily make Viper unkillable, but if you go to developer options and limit the background process limit to 2 at most does that help? I'm just curious is all, since that should free up more memory.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest lolletto

Well i use 65mhz underclock and it does wonders during idle. I can´t remember how the default 320mhz behave regarding battery.

I´ll give a go at viper. Thanks.

I want to underclock stock Kernel. How should I do?