[DEV][ROM][17.11.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Please help! I have a problem with the last update. I can't seem to load my contacts form the SIM card. It just says no contacts but when I try it with a different phone everything is ok. Any idea what's wrong ?

Looks like an upstream CyanogenMod issue.

https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-5642

Maybe importing with some third party app will work?

Guest duttyend

New build. Freezes related to weak wifi signal should be gone now. :)

Do not mirror my builds! Please post a link to this thread instead.

cm-11-20141012-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip
md5:1f2c5fc3af70871423278a3587c83002

-update prima wlan driver (fix wifi weak signal sleep of death issue)
-set correct wifi MAC address from file (/persist/wifimac.dat) with ZTE kernel driver
-enable SELinux enforcing
-set baseband version from modem firmware
-start with USB in MTP mode
-bring back initial support for dual-SIM devices (add 'persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds' to /system/build.prop to enable)
-increase zRAM size

Thank you very much KonstaT, excellent build !!!

Guest KonstaT

Could you (or someone else with Beeline Smart2) post a screenshot of hardware info app to the appropriate thread? There's one notable difference in Beeline Smart2's that isn't addressed yet. I'd need some intelligent way to identify Beeline Smart2's first (ro.boot.hwversion possibly?).

Anyone?

Beeline Smart2 has a smaller capacity battery (1200mAh vs 1400mAh) and it should use a different kernel battery monitoring driver. This would be easily resolved if there was some way to identify Beeline Smart2's (ro.boot.hwversion possibly?).

Guest Filip9610

I was able to retrieve my contacts with the SIM Card app but I found one more problem. Apollo music player and Play Music don't show me the songs from the SD card. I tried removing the SD card, tried formating and recopying the music and different music players but nothing works

Guest KonstaT

I was able to retrieve my contacts with the SIM Card app but I found one more problem. Apollo music player and Play Music don't show me the songs from the SD card. I tried removing the SD card, tried formating and recopying the music and different music players but nothing works

Works fine for me.

You could try Settings -> Storage and hit refresh button under sdcard to re-invoke media scanner. There's similar option on under Developer options -> Launch tools -> Media Provider -> Scan SD card too.

Guest okmikel

New build. Freezes related to weak wifi signal should be gone now. :)

Do not mirror my builds! Please post a link to this thread instead.

cm-11-20141012-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip
md5:1f2c5fc3af70871423278a3587c83002

-update prima wlan driver (fix wifi weak signal sleep of death issue)
-set correct wifi MAC address from file (/persist/wifimac.dat) with ZTE kernel driver
-enable SELinux enforcing
-set baseband version from modem firmware
-start with USB in MTP mode
-bring back initial support for dual-SIM devices (add 'persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds' to /system/build.prop to enable)
-increase zRAM size

Geat build, WIFI issue fixed for me.

Titanium Backup also worked first time for me with CM11 backing up over 50 Apps in a batch job.

Thanks for your work.

Greetings

Mikel

I'm trying to install this ROM on a phone bought from the UK-seller "ZTE_uk".

I'm stuck at first step!  Installing: FFOS+to+Android.zip.

I've booted whith start and vol+. I get all info as the Youtube video from the seller.

But when I 'm starting "apply update from sdcard" I get: E:failed to mount /sdcard (no such file or directory).

I have put the file in the root of the SDcard (zip). The card is formated FAT32. Do I have to format the card ext3?

I have tried two cards: 2 GB SanDisk and 16 GB ADATA.

I upgraded to FFOS_EU_EBAY_OPENCV1.0.0B04 with upgradetool (I think it was B01 from the beginning) but no change.

I can see the SDcard from FF.

Edited by webbe

Guest KonstaT

I'm trying to install this ROM on a phone bought from the UK-seller "ZTE_uk".

I'm stuck at first step!  Installing: FFOS+to+Android.zip.

I've booted whith start and vol+. I get all info as the Youtube video from the seller.

But when I 'm starting "apply update from sdcard" I get: E:failed to mount /sdcard (no such file or directory).

I have put the file in the root of the SDcard (zip). The card is formated FAT32. Do I have to format the card ext3?

I have tried two cards: 2 GB SanDisk and 16 GB ADATA.

I upgraded to FFOS_EU_EBAY_OPENCV1.0.0B04 with upgradetool (I think it was B01 from the beginning) but no change.

I can see the SDcard from FF.

SD card should be formatted as FAT so that should be fine. There's something else strange going on.

By 'upgradetool' you mean the windows flasher? In that case you have a stock recovery image that can't be used to install EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip anyway. Windows flasher installs an engineering build that uses test keys, recovery can't flash any packages that are signed with ZTE's keys (any normal firmware package from ZTE website).

I'd recommend you first make yourself familiar with the tools and commands introduced in the ClockWorkMod thread. Boot to bootloader by holding volume down while powering on your device (works with Firefox OS bootloaders only) or 'adb reboot bootloader', extract recovery.img from EU_Android+to+FFOS.zip (in same comebuy package as EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip - recovery.img from any normal Firefox OS firmware package from ZTE website should be fine too) and boot it using fastboot ('fastboot boot recovery.img').

That is the recovery you should use to install EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip. I've heard people have succeeded in flashing it with ClockWorkMod too but I still wouldn't recommend it. Always use stock recovery to install any stock firmware packages from ZTE - use custom recovery (CWM, TWRP) to install any custom ROM packages.

Guest angwhydn

So, dual-SIM really works? Making/receiving calls, in-call audio, mobile data, SMS on both SIM slots? No issues?

I guess that was the 'weak wifi signal sleep of death' issue. Should be fixed in the latest build...

thanks for good work

yes its work

call/receiving call= work

mobile data= work

sms=work

issues= device sometimes reboots when doing sim card settings

Edited by angwhydn

Guest arifmams

thanks for good work

yes its work

call/receiving call= work

mobile data= work

sms=work

issues= device sometimes reboots when doing sim card settings

i use v811w too

in mobile network setting, there is no option to choose 3g only as preferred network type.

i can only choose 3g only via *#*#4636#*#* >> phone information >> choose wcdma only

any other suggestion?

Guest KonstaT

i use v811w too

in mobile network setting, there is no option to choose 3g only as preferred network type.

i can only choose 3g only via *#*#4636#*#* >> phone information >> choose wcdma only

any other suggestion?

I've never used CyanogenMod on a dual-SIM device so I'm not sure how everything should be. How about using quick notification tile to change preferred network mode? Are you sure the second SIM slot even has 3G capabilities? I know there's dual-SIM devices that are GSM only on the second slot.

Can you post a screenshot of the Kis 3 hardware info app (also included in the ROM)? I'd need to verify that ro.boot.hwversion is the same on all V811W's so dual-SIM features can be enabled automatically.

Guest arifmams

I've never used CyanogenMod on a dual-SIM device so I'm not sure how everything should be. How about using quick notification tile to change preferred network mode? Are you sure the second SIM slot even has 3G capabilities? I know there's dual-SIM devices that are GSM only on the second slot.

Can you post a screenshot of the Kis 3 hardware info app (also included in the ROM)? I'd need to verify that ro.boot.hwversion is the same on all V811W's so dual-SIM features can be enabled automatically.

in the mobile network setting, there is an option to change preferred network type of second SIM as 3G. Another method is via *#*#4636#*#* on dialpad.

So, my second SIM can be set as 3G.

my HW details (same as V811W specs from angwhydn):

Accelerometer:

0x33

Camera:

BACK Camera ID:GALAXYCORE,GC2235, 2M

Bayer sensor

eMMC:

HYNIX H9DP32A4JJMCGR 4G eMMC

LCD panel:

IC:ILI9806C+TXD; Glass:CMI; Resolution:480*800

Touchscreen:

name : goodix

i2c address : 0x5d

IC type: goodix GT968

firmware version : 968_1060

module : LiHe

ro.boot.hwversion:

wmfA.6

if you mean this?

pic.twitter.com/Z4pgA5Bp7i

Guest KonstaT

in the mobile network setting, there is an option to change preferred network type of second SIM as 3G. Another method is via *#*#4636#*#* on dialpad.

So, my second SIM can be set as 3G.

Hmm, so what's the problem then? :o Network preference option for the first SIM?

Thanks, I guess I'll just enable dual-SIM feature for all devices with ro.boot.hwversion=wmfA.6.

Guest arifmams

Hmm, so what's the problem then? :o Network preference option for the first SIM?

Thanks, I guess I'll just enable dual-SIM feature for all devices with ro.boot.hwversion=wmfA.6.

Hehehe,, there is no serious problem.

Actually, your custom ROM work well for my dual sim V811W

Guest angwhydn

i use v811w too

any other suggestion?

on my device, there is a setting to choose 3g or 2g network

ss:

Guest KonstaT
Yes, that is correct.

After reading previous posts again, I think arifmams was missing '3G only' (vs. '3G preferred') mode. Like said, that can be toggled by using a network mode quick settings tile at least on single-SIM devices. 

Guest Pipotron3000

Can someone give me additional infos/links on how to install the whole system on SD card ?

I use the previous version, with Wifi crash, and want to upgrade to last version. Better with system on SD card than playing with links between SD and internal memory ;)

I already bought a Samsung EVO 32GB, soon at home.

Thanks !

Guest KonstaT

Can someone give me additional infos/links on how to install the whole system on SD card ?

I use the previous version, with Wifi crash, and want to upgrade to last version. Better with system on SD card than playing with links between SD and internal memory ;)

I already bought a Samsung EVO 32GB, soon at home.

Thanks !

That makes no sense what so ever. You simply don't 'install the whole system on SD card' - you just don't!

There's installation instructions to follow on the third post of this thread. If you want to update to the latest version, just flash the ROM package in recovery (no need to wipe your data).

Guest Pipotron3000

Strange, i've seen ppl dual booting FFOS internal and Android on SD.

May be i could install FFOS internal the same way, and install this one on SD ?

I would stop using links to put apps on SD, linked to internal system.

Guest KonstaT

Strange, i've seen ppl dual booting FFOS internal and Android on SD.

May be i could install FFOS internal the same way, and install this one on SD ?

I would stop using links to put apps on SD, linked to internal system.

I really don't believe you've 'seen' people do that like it was a regular thing to do. For one, ZTE Firefox OS (Jelly Bean based) and any Android (KitKat based) would never work at the same time. You'd always need to flash separate modem to get RIL/wifi working on each firmware version (that's exactly the reason it says in the first post you need to update your Open C to Android KitKat before flashing this ROM).

Running anything from sdcard is far from optimal. Sure, if you voluntarily want to make make things slower and terrible. However it's not a discussion that belongs to this thread.

Guest majoradi

HI , i installed your rom on my ZTE kis 3 and it is working great!

Is it posible to swicht the internal storage width the SD card ?

in the /mnt/media_rw directory is only one card "sdcard0" i cant find the patch to the internal memory to make a script to swicht them..

Guest KonstaT

HI , i installed your rom on my ZTE kis 3 and it is working great!

Is it posible to swicht the internal storage width the SD card ?

in the /mnt/media_rw directory is only one card "sdcard0" i cant find the patch to the internal memory to make a script to swicht them..

FAQ, third post.

Open C and Kis 3 have different partition layouts and internal sdcard is handled differently. Open C layout has a separate partition for internal sdcard while with Kis 3 layout, internal sdcard is only emulated on /data partition (/data/media). Can't manage both ways on a single build and can't have everyone converting their devices into having one of the two layouts. Only external sdcard will be supported in my builds.

Please refer to official documentation if you want to add support for (either way to handle) internal sdcard.

Guest TractorX

I was finally able to build the sources yesterday after full redownload and I can also confirm that Wi-Fi bug is gone. But the system apps are still crashing.

Guest KonstaT

I was finally able to build the sources yesterday after full redownload and I can also confirm that Wi-Fi bug is gone. But the system apps are still crashing.

Never seen that happen. Still no logcat?