Mourta-Kernel-3.4 A new beginning [update 2015-03-12]

Guest Mourta

Guest Decay3

Can you say what you have done to your phone ? I have no deep sleep at all...

I had the same problem. Try this: first wipe cache and dalvik cache, then flash kernel. Also reboot once or twice.

Guest EnQeen

I had the same problem. Try this: first wipe cache and dalvik cache, then flash kernel. Also reboot once or twice.

Just tried that and didn't work. Google play services keep awaky my phone. Nothing from the internet worked for me. ;c

Guest Decay3

Just tried that and didn't work. Google play services keep awaky my phone. Nothing from the internet worked for me. ;c

Ah, I'm not using gapps :p

What ROM are you using? Mourta's LiquidSmooth I presume?

Guest EnQeen

Ah, I'm not using gapps :P

What ROM are you using? Mourta's LiquidSmooth I presume?

yeap , but i am gonna switch to smthing that works for me. Also I am really waiting for 5.1 from Mourta

Guest tool_king

It's a well known issue in latest GApps, mate! Should be solved with Play Services 7.0.96 afaik.

Hey Mourta, BIG thank you for your great work. I really appreciate it. The new stuff is just awesome!

I just did a complete reinstall (full format and wipe). Do you recommend to change any performance settings (e.g. memory settings or governor)? 

Maybe you could post the performance settings you use.

cheers

Do you recommend to change any performance settings (e.g. memory settings or governor)?

Maybe you could post the performance settings you use.

In General the presets are the settings which are recommended by the developer [emoji6], anything else would be unnecessarily time-eating. Why releasing a kernel and than releasing optimized settings if you're able to include them in compilation?

Guest Mourta

In General the presets are the settings which are recommended by the developer [emoji6], anything else would be unnecessarily time-eating. Why releasing a kernel and than releasing optimized settings if you're able to include them in compilation?

Actually, there are instances when the kernel settings are needed to boot but should be changed once the system is up and running.

Also, since init files differ and i haven't messed with them (it's an anykernel version) it may be wise to change some things since they set the governor for both CPQ and cpufreq.

For this kernel version, runnable/abyssplugv2 is what i recommend.

The rest should be as is.

Guest juantech

Hello someone could say me if when the kernel have a new version can i update my old version of mourta kernel without do wipe? or i have to do wipe every time when i wanted to update my mourta kernel?

thanks i dont understand much about this.

Edited by juantech

Guest Mourta

Hello someone could say me if when the kernel have a new version can i update my old version of mourta kernel without do wipe? or i have to do wipe every time when i wanted to update my mourta kernel?

thanks i dont understand much about this.

For kernel you don't have to wipe anything at all, just install and reboot.

Guest shabbyaddicted

I tried this kernel with the latest CM 11 Nightly (16.03.) but it doesnt work out. Its hanging at the LG Logo... tried to restart and things. Installed another kernel and it works... any hints?

Greetings

Guest NothingSerious

I tried this kernel with the latest CM 11 Nightly (16.03.) but it doesnt work out. Its hanging at the LG Logo... tried to restart and things. Installed another kernel and it works... any hints?

Greetings

Latest version only works with Mourta's LiquidSmooth.

Guest Mourta

Greetings

As NothingSerious wrote, it only works with ROM's actually compiled with the kernel, there may be instances where earlier kernels worked but not perfectly nor optimally.

Anykernel versions worked fine between ROM's when 3.1.10 was the only game in town but now we have a kernel that is not only updated to the latest tegra-3.4 but to the latest android-3.4 and the latest Linux 3.4.

To note the difference, there is almost a decade worth of code difference in some parts of the two kernels.

Guest shabbyaddicted

My englisch is not the best, what kind of ROM do i need to install exactly, to test your kernel? Only the Mourta's LiquidSmooth ? 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest juantech

hi

does this kernel have otg support??

I didn t hear nothing of otg support, i too wanted it but i think this is the best kernel of alls, for this i will install the mourta kernel and no other. Edited by juantech

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mourta

hi

does this kernel have otg support??

Yes.

It's based on the only OTG support there ever was, kholks development but it is updated to last known tegra that has support for the Tegra3 chipset.

If it doesn't work for you, pull a log, i'll fix it.

Guest juantech

wooow i thinked what otg support was only in the kholk kernel and no other!!!, you impressed me mourta, the best kernel of alls with an option what only have one kernel, unbeliable, you and your team are the best of alls of the lg 4x with no discussion.

Guest Mourta

wooow i thinked what otg support was only in the kholk kernel and no other!!!, you impressed me mourta, the best kernel of alls with an option what only have one kernel, unbeliable, you and your team are the best of alls of the lg 4x with no discussion.

It's certainly the ONLY kernel that will run LP properly.

Now we'll be moving on more and more.

Most of this kernel is already 3.10, there are a couple of parts of Tegra code that need to be manually implemented before i can apply last known android-3.10 and then Linux 3.10.XX.

But that is the way it's going.

Guest gugu6897

I saw some users saying that this kernel is only compatible with your LiquidSmooth ROM. Is it sure? Can I use this kernel in CM 10.1 Stable (4.2.2)? If not, is this LiquidSmooth really stable? Because I used a official Milestone version of its and I had many problems.

Sorry if my questions are noobies.

Thx for now.

Guest juantech

@gugu6827

yes, i too heared this of the last version.

i used this kernel with the 5.0 lollipop of mourta from the beginning, i proved all things(configurations, heavy games,music,images , videos,apps, entire days with the phone on) in this and for me its stable, dont gave me problems.

the only ones was temporals in the boot or what have an easy solution.

this is what im talking: the frequency and the battery works wrong, solution: install trickstarter mod, set cpu quiet to balanced and use abyssplug governor and if you want more speed decrease up treshold in the regulator of governor. problem solved.

i dont have sometimes network or mobile connection in the boot ,then go to settings, more, mobile network and change it for whatever you want. problem solved.

the icons dont have hd? install lollipop launcher from the playstore and have the same launcher but with HD.

and if you want a better game experience i use abyssplug governor with uptreshold 21 with sio scheduler for this and for all things.

almost alls are problems of not much importance and what can be solved easily the others its really difficult to find them.

i used this rom and this kernel and no other and i can say what its like have an oficial rom but worked from the begining, this is my opinion.

postdata: i prefer the problems of the mourta rom than the problems of stock lg rom. if not would be stable i would not installed it, i waited for this version specially for what i see what dont have serious problems of no tipe.

Edited by juantech