LiquidSmooth 3.2 featuring Mourta-Kernel 3.4.x (updated 2014-10-15)

Guest Mourta

Is it going to be an AOSP or LiquidLollipop rom??

Whether it's AOSP or Liquid i don't really know, i've brought the kernel up to speed to use any general driver and we should be able to use the headers to compile stagefright on it's own with this kernel.

Next version will be lollypop either way.

I'll release a final kitkat version also just to get the bug fixes in there but that will come after the project has been decided closed.

I can boot lollypop but it's is very glitchy, the codebase is on hourly updates so until there is something usable, you will have to wait.

Guest SuperLamic

Is it possible to rework bluetooth driver (revert your changes is enough) in rom? I can't use my headphones with this rom (kernel is OK, I'm using omni + Nightly kernel and everything works as it should). It looses sound after few minutes and I have to pair it again. I reported it, but I really want to use this rom :) thank you.

Guest 21e1c87f9d9

Whether it's AOSP or Liquid i don't really know, i've brought the kernel up to speed to use any general driver and we should be able to use the headers to compile stagefright on it's own with this kernel.

Next version will be lollypop either way.

I'll release a final kitkat version also just to get the bug fixes in there but that will come after the project has been decided closed.

I can boot lollypop but it's is very glitchy, the codebase is on hourly updates so until there is something usable, you will have to wait.

Maybe you can help Laufersteppenwolf with sharing your build to him to gte Unoffical CM 12 to work?!

Guest tool_king

Maybe you can help Laufersteppenwolf with sharing your build to him to gte Unoffical CM 12 to work?!

I guess this corporation will be rather impossible. ;)

Guest NothingSerious

Why?

Because XDA "devs" are coding for another device rather than our 4x hd. (Krait code) But thats off topic so yep.

Edited by NothingSerious

I guess this corporation will be rather impossible. ;)

In a way everyone is cooperating, released code is always accessible to anyone but you are right, direct cooperation isn't really possible, we're aiming for different goals.

I was thinking about rewriting stagefright so we can compile it for our device with new blobs back when Kitkat had no working camera but since Adam77Root fixed that i started to concentrate on the kernel instead.

Now there may be a good reason to start that project back up.

It's still way too glitchy with the Liquid codebase and no, i'm not using that since i'm not using the blobs that he's using.

I'll review it if there is something i can use later on but right now the codebase has to settle down to something that is actually usable.

Guest easy4me

Sure. There you go, mate! ;)

"Could" we get ANDROID 5.0 Lollipop (device: LG-P880, ROM: Liquidsmooth) for Christmas?

FIXED :p

Edited by easy4me

Guest easy4me

@Mourta

"Could" we get ANDROID 5.0 Lollipop (device: LG-P880, ROM: Liquidsmooth) for Christmas?

@tool_king @NothingSerious

Fixed AGAIN :p

You are funny :D

Edited by easy4me

Guest NothingSerious

@Mourta

Fixed AGAIN :P

My MS Paint skills should not be underestimated. :P

Lets get back on topic now.

Edited by NothingSerious

@Mourta

Fixed AGAIN :P

There will be a new year, and without saying too much, there is something planned for that.

It's not just lollypop though, there is more than that in the works, like blobs that actually work directly for our device, CMU support on tegra3, a full update to the latest Linux version of the kernel after having gone as far as possible with tegra30 on theTegra kernel.

There are good things to come, i'm building great things here.

Guest creedence

@Mourta

I do not need a lollipop. I need a great rom and kernel from you .I wish you much success! Many thanks!

Edited by creedence

@Mourta

I do not need a lollipop. I need a great rom and kernel from you .I wish you much success! Many thanks!

Eventually we'll move to that version too, you have to keep in mind that the stability of kitkat took almost 8 months to get to and that i won't release something i wouldn't use as my own daily ROM though.

The kernel is undergoing some massive changes, i'm implementing new ways of dealing with both memory and SMP as well as the storage interface and i'm evolving it to a standard Linux base (which is great for me since i'm a Linux developer originally and i get that code better than the android hacks) which eventually means that we can track any Linux version.

It should be as easy as using --format-patch and implementing it on any version kernel in the end, of course, there will be .rej files because things change but it should be easy enough to fix that you can move through versions with less than three hours of effective work.

it's also how the new kernel development is supposed to work in android (apart from the MSM stuff rom Aurora which is just daft at this point in time, there is no need for large differing pieces of code when it's directly implementable and could be pushed to Linux directly).