How to root your Hudl 2

Guest PaulOBrien

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Spud V

Hi,

I just rooted my Hudl 2 version 20150319.222108, verified with Root Checker on the Google PlayStore  (Thanks Very Much :D) I'm kind of new to the whole rooting thing, I wanted to know can I flash the Hudl 2 with a vanilla android ROM? Mainly, I want to get rid of all the Tesco bloatware on the tablet and have it stock as possible.

Any help would be much appreciated :D

Cheers

Guest r00tmydevices

I wanted to know can I flash the Hudl 2 with a vanilla android ROM? Mainly, I want to get rid of all the Tesco bloatware on the tablet and have it stock as possible

From what I've read, removing any Tesco bloatware is not recommended and it's unclear what effect this may have when new OTA updates are released. Instead, you might want to freeze the relevant apps from running via something like Titanium Backup app.

Edited by r00tmydevices

Guest Spud V

Just an update -

I got Titanium Backup and I froze a bunch of useless apps like Tesco Bank, Tesco Photo's, etc but when you freeze My Tesco it crashes the tablet. Which is kind of s*** because that's the main thing that I wanted to get rid of, Do you know any other work arounds to get rid/freeze the My Tesco app?

cheers

Guest crusader58

have you set another Launcher as your default launcher?, because if you haven't then freezing the Tesco launcher will obviously crash the tablet as it will have no user interface.

Quick question,

I noticed it auto-reboots quite often: twice today, in front of me, is there any way I can find what causes these sudden reboots?

Thanks

Guest jabba2005

I am at my wits end with damn slab of Tesco Turdl2, I accepted to the update thats 113mb and it goes to update but less than half way it says error, so i wipe data and reboot as seen in a youtube video and tried again, nope didnt work, i cant even get into the device to turn on debugging so i cant adb-windows it or at least it wont find device, i have even tried to sideload it which finds the device and lets me transfer to it but again an error comes up regarding signature or x0FFFF thing i cant mind, please tell me this aint bricked is there any way to sort this??

Your help in this matter is gratefully appreciated. 

Andy

Guest robin0800

I am at my wits end with damn slab of Tesco Turdl2, I accepted to the update thats 113mb and it goes to update but less than half way it says error, so i wipe data and reboot as seen in a youtube video and tried again, nope didnt work, i cant even get into the device to turn on debugging so i cant adb-windows it or at least it wont find device, i have even tried to sideload it which finds the device and lets me transfer to it but again an error comes up regarding signature or x0FFFF thing i cant mind, please tell me this aint bricked is there any way to sort this??

Your help in this matter is gratefully appreciated. 

Andy

See Post #396 in this thread

Guest jabba2005

Tried that as well mate put in settings and nothing happens even file:/// only let's me see sdcard a really want to cry now lol

Guest brackehill_mob

Power off and get into recovery by pressing and holding in the up volume button and then pressing the power button. Keep holding the volume button until you see recovery.

One of the options is for adb and another to update from SD card.

Good luck

Edited by brackehill_mob

Guest jabba2005

I can get to boot screen as when it downloads the update it gives an error and lands on this screen sideloads dont seem to work i have tried all 3 at the start of this thread they keep coming up with signature error or something,,,,,one thing i cant seem to get to word is the adb-windows

Guest brackehill_mob

You want to be in the recovery screen and then use adb to upload the update.zip I linked to yesterday in my howto thread to your hudl and then use the recovery option to install it

Edited by brackehill_mob

Guest jabba2005

Hi mate saw that post you made but again it wouldnt work, i cant get on to the device to turn on the debugging, ive even tried the keyboard settings, copy paste web search then type settings and that didnt work :( either i am about ready to throw this at a building soon but it would probably demolish it and still live lol

Guest Robin Wheeler

The key you want in post #396 is to the left of the space bar and has three dots on it press this and you will see settings select this and then follow the rest of the thread.

Guest jabba2005

yeah thats the one ive been using mate i get all the way to the part were you type it in the google now box type in settings and nothing happens that way either.

Guest jabba2005

dont know if this helps any but my version is 20150106.154003 not the other 2 which it mentions in the start of here. is there a fix for the version i am on? 

Guest jabba2005

i wiped all data factory reset and it came up with the green screen with the start button, when it asked for wifi i pressed the add network to get the keyboard up and did the thing you mentioned and it would not work for me

Guest jabba2005

the only way i can get the ADB recovery tool to recognise my tablet is when i select the ADB feature in the boot menu but even then it comes up with my device plus sideload after it.