[ROM][4.4.2] AOSP by maucat

Guest dakok

Guest st3pb4ck

Razorinc you said you contacted him. Please tell him to move his ass over here because here people be all over his feet and on Russian forum no one cares. Also would be cool for him to post updates because maybe in this release he didnt touch 3g, we know nothing what was acctualy changed so we are also like sheeps in dark...

Guest razorinc

I said him already it would be nice to join us here on modaco, but thats our will only... I inform him about problems, sometimes he answers, sometimes not, maybe he doesnt have much time. I will try to do something about that again

i would but i don't know which files are responsible for this issue..

The ones in the other 3G patch zip as I suggested earlier?

Edited by dalyer

Guest korekore1

The ones in the other 3G patch zip as I suggested earlier?

but i applied the patch and it didn't fix the signal.So it must be some other files..Anyway i 'm gonna try the new release,maybe its ok

Guest korekore1

But I meant the equivalent files from Maucat Infocus or whatever.

good idea..!i will try this if the new rom still has this issue Edited by korekore1

I did a quick diff of the latest 31st Dec version against the previous 28th Dec version using WinMerge and I notice that the new build.prop has this so I wonder if that's relevant to the signal issue?

ro.ril.hsxpa=2
ro.ril.gprsclass=10 
ro.ril.hep=1
ro.ril.enable.dtm=1
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=10
ro.ril.enable.a53=1
ro.ril.enable.3g.prefix=1
ro.ril.htcmaskw1.bitmask=4294967295
ro.ril.htcmaskw1=14449
ro.ril.hsupa.category=5

Also this is removed from the new build.prop:

#Felix add for app2SD2
ro.fih.app_install=/storage/sdcard1

#Kevin.L.Su add for ignore nitz
gsm.ignore-nitz=yes

#Linda add for GC
dalvik.vm.gcTriggerSize=4m

Also the /system/etc/firmware folder contents has changed which may be significant.

The new build has these files but the previous one does not :

Edit: just noticed here http://www.modaco.com/topic/371968-coolpad-f1-8297w/page-17#entry2211295 that these are TD-SCDMA modem files 

catcher_filter_1_tg_n.bin 
modem_1_tg_n.img

And these ones have changed:

modem_1_wg_n.img 
mt6572_82_patch_e1_0_hdr.bin 
mt6572_82_patch_e1_1_hdr.bin 
WIFI_RAM_CODE 
WIFI_RAM_CODE_MT6582 
WIFI_RAM_CODE_MT6628

These are not the only changes in the latest version but maybe they are relevant to the signal issue that some people were having?

Edit: just noticed that /system/etc/apns-conf.xml has changed significantly too which may be relevant to some users? E.g. it now includes my Irish MVNO which was not in the old one. :)

boot.img is identical in the two versions so presumably the kernel is unchanged?

Edited by dalyer

The /system/etc/firmware files present in the latest Maucat AOSP 31st Jan 2014 are identical to those in the TD-SCDMA -> WCDMA patch (both the "Jonsalvo" and "MIUI" zips) in the second post in this thread.

So basically ONE change in this version is that it incorporates the TD-SCDMA -> WCDMA firmware files in those zips.

As mentioned above there are also some build.prop change that may be relevant to RIL/signal issues.

And there are other changes in this ROM compared to the 28th Dec version that I have not detailed but these seem to be with added or removed APKs etc.

At least one person tried appliyng that patch manually to the 28th Dec version of this ROM but saw no improvement in signal performance.

But maybe the additional changes in build.prop are are significant in this context?

Can somebody who was having the weak/lost/2G only signal problem try this version of the ROM and report if it helps at all as soon as possible please? Thanks.

Edited by dalyer

Presumably you had the signal problem before?

Edit: oh - yes you did: http://www.modaco.com/topic/374138-aosp-44-by-maucat/page-6#entry2245405 :)

If so then that's good news but still surprising given that korekore1 tried the original patch and it didn't improve matters:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/374138-aosp-44-by-maucat/page-7#entry2245467

Unless the build.prop changes and/or other changes in the ROM also help improve the signal issue that some people had...

Edited by dalyer

Guest 77chedu

It's not really a bug, but could be an inconvenience for some people.

I've noticed that on the latests versions, the settings will remain in english, despite the locale being changed. I'm not really sure, but I think that that changed after 19/12

EDIT: I've just noticed that the settings shorcut/button from the drop-down notification thing -curtain? I don't how it's called- is missing. But I've already restored my apps with titanium backup, so I don't know if that was missing before or not

Edited by 77chedu

NEW AOSP maucat 31.12

google maps waiting for location, i get that problems anbodoy else ??? gps i think dont works

Edited by cc001

Happy new year!

I have this rom one week ago and i am very satisfied.

I have to report the followings:

1) In power menu, reboot option has to be translated in english from russian. Also the text that follows, that explains what data you lose with reboot.

2) Pin, Password, Voice unlock options are not working.

3) Sometimes i got restarts when trying to open a random app(with latest version 31.12). But i am not sure if it's maucat's issue or nova's bug. (In 2 days i got 3 restarts. 2 of them after restart and when i pressed to open an app)

Signal issue fixed for me, after the last patch.