[ROM] [4.4.2] AOSP Nitro A310 v3 repack

Guest dakok

Guest dalyer

a310 and a310 decrapiffied (the old dakok repack) don't have reboots,its either an app or a bad repack thats causing them.

OK - thanks.

Dakoks repack J use and phone never reboots

You mean you use dakok's repack and don't get reboots?

Anybody getting reboots on 77chedu's repack of dakok's version?

Guest rista1

Yes it is.never reboots on Dakok repack from needrom,and J use nova launcher, gravity box ......

Edited by rista1

Guest dalyer

Thanks 77chedu.

My reboots are very sporadic so are tricky to investigate.

Maybe one every 2-3 days and so far with no obvious cause.

In fact I would not have noticed them at all in most cases except that I have a reboot logger installed that counts restarts.

I don't think that I have gotten one while actually using the phone.

I was waiting to get another one in order to see if I could investigate using last_kmsg etc.

But so far all I have seen is what looks like a "generic" watchdog timeout reboot so I don't know what the root cause is.

For what it's worth and as I mentioned I have installed and configured a number of apps and configured a number of settings.

But I haven't knowingly hacked any files manually under the hood that might cause instability.

As I say maybe it's something that I have done/installed/configured or maybe it's the ROM itself.

If I get one and have any more info/insight I'll post back.

For now I will stick with my original installation and not reinstall.

Oh - and I doubt that it matters but I installed using TWRP not CWM.

Edited by dalyer

Guest korekore1

cwm 6050 and no reboots at all.Maybe recovery matters.In some roms it makes a difference,i don't technically know why

Guest 77chedu

I use TWRP too, and originally Dakok's rom was made out of a twrp backup.

The only thing "critical" that I can think of on my repack was repacking the kernel to its normal size. Other than that it was a mere clean-up, and some "cosmetical/superficial" changes Being a Twrp backup it was almost twice the standard size, so I added init.d support and the kitchen compressed it back to a normal size

Guest dalyer

Thanks 77chedu.

As I said if/when I get another reboot I'll see if /proc/last_kmsg etc. sheds any light on the cause.

Apps such as Restart Logger, Restart Counter or Boot Logs etc. (all from the Play Store) can be used to detect reboots that otherwise might be missed.

Edited by dalyer

Guest dalyer

Of course, since I posted about this I haven't had another random reboot! :D

Maybe it was some configuration setting or app that I had installed and which I removed since?

I'll keep an eye on it and if I get one I'll try to get more info but for now it seems to be working fine.

Edited by dalyer

Guest korekore1

has anyone flashed that older Polymer's aosp (Coolpad F1w AOSP 4.4 Polymer 20141231) ?I wonder if there are any differences with a310's aosp.A310 aosp is very good and bugless,but it certainly needs a performance/speed boost..!

Guest dalyer

A310 aosp is very good and bugless,but it certainly needs a performance/speed boost..!

How do you mean?

What specifically do you find slow?

And compared to what else?

Edited by dalyer

Guest korekore1

How do you mean?

What specifically do you find slow?

And compared to what else?

slow compared to the tweaked aosps.Its slower on response time,like when opening apps

Guest dalyer

i just watch how fast the apps are opening

:D

I haven't compared it to any other ROM but I don't really notice any sluggishness or lags so far to be honest...

(And still no further spontaneous reboots so far!  ^_^ )

Anybody else use the Intelli3G Xposed module? 

I can't see that it ever actually switches to 2G at all...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.voidvapps.intelli3g

Guest dalyer

Anybody else use the Intelli3G Xposed module? 

I can't see that it ever actually switches to 2G at all...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.voidvapps.intelli3g

I gave up on it - it didn't seem to be switching to 2G at all as far as I could see and I could find no useful info about troubleshooting this,

I'm giving the Smart Network Xposed module a try instead.

But maybe regular switching between 2G/3G will actually cause MORE rather than LESS battery usage...?

Guest dalyer

As mentioned before I'm using 77chedu's repack from the first post in this thread.

I have tried using AudioFX but can't see that it makes any different to sound output.

Anybody else noticed this?

Is there another/better way to do this sort of thing? E.g. viper4android or something like that? Any specific version?

(BTW - still no random reboots so everything going well and I'm very happy with this ROM :D)

Guest 77chedu

As mentioned before I'm using 77chedu's repack from the first post in this thread.

I have tried using AudioFX but can't see that it makes any different to sound output.

Anybody else noticed this?

Is there another/better way to do this sort of thing? E.g. viper4android or something like that? Any specific version?

(BTW - still no random reboots so everything going well and I'm very happy with this ROM :D)

Dolby atmos is nice, and it's way easier to get it working, than other dolby custom implementations. Just have a backup ready in case it give you FC. But it seems to work ok on lots of roms.

Default sound is nice and you won't have to tweak much else. Beware than in some roms if you use the sound leveler feature, volume could get way to high

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/mod-dolby-atmos-t3109446

Then you have lenovo's maxxudio which is pretty new too -with an ugly interface if you ask me-, but very intuitive and easy to set up

Viper needs a little know how, and if you start playings around with srs stuff, possibilities are endless

Edited by 77chedu

Guest dalyer

Thanks a lot - I'll look into some of those options.

Did you try AudioFX and find that it worked? It did nothing for me...

Oddly enough when I tried viper on my old Haier W910 it also did nothing... 

Guest dmrtn

Two questions about this ROM (77chedu's repack, same one as Dalyer I think)

Is there anyway to turn off the Lock Screen Style completely? I like to use a pattern unlock so at the moment I have to swipe upwards to get to the pattern.

Is there no blue LED in this ROM? Or did I miss that info?

Regarding sound, it seems to me that the volume on speaker is a bit lower than Maucat AOSP even with it turned up to max in MobileUncle tools and AudioFX.

Guest dalyer

Is there no blue LED in this ROM? Or did I miss that info?

Regarding sound, it seems to me that the volume on speaker is a bit lower than Maucat AOSP even with it turned up to max in MobileUncle tools and AudioFX.

I think there's only red and green (at least that's all I get with Light Manager - LED Settings just now) and I don't think that the 7 colour led patch works on this ROM but I haven't tried it...

I don't have anything to compare it to but I thought that the sound was a bit low and lacked bass.

I don't know if my case (like this: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/18-Color-2014-Newest-Toughened-Glass-Back-Cover-And-Aluminum-Frame-For-Coolpad-Dashen-F1-8297/1932823414.html) might be muffling the sound at all...?

Edited by dalyer