[SUPERB! ROOT WITH THIS TOOL, VIA WINDOWS] Wondershare MOBILEGO

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

Guest n00kie bear

Sorry LiNe171 that may not have been the clearest thing I've written but I was trying say that I did an update the binaries successfully through supersu and I have working persistent root access. 

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

Sorry LiNe171 that may not have been the clearest thing I've written but I was trying say that I did an update the binaries successfully through supersu and I have working persistent root access. 

Same here. Fresh firmware flash, MobileGo root and binary update all flawless.

Guest LiNe171

Gonna try one more time then, i'm with stock rom too, let's see.

Edit: Worked. This method only works with a fresh stock ROM, can't root with this after trying with KingRoot or SuperSUme.

Edited by LiNe171

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

Edit: Worked. This method only works with a fresh stock ROM, can't root with this after trying with KingRoot or SuperSUme.

You might have been prudent to have stated that previously. There's nothing like a fresh install to remove all doubt, and save oneself a mental muddle. 

Guest darrellw94

I've hit a massive problem with this, rebooted into "powered by Android" screen and is completely frozen. I've tried every button combination, holding them down for literally minutes at a time, and ideas on how to get out of the bootloader?

If I simply let the battery drain empty and then power on again is it likely to get itself into the same state?

Edited by darrellw94

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

I've hit a massive problem with this, rebooted into "powered by Android" screen and is completely frozen. I've tried every button combination, holding them down for literally minutes at a time, and ideas on how to get out of the bootloader?

If I simply let the battery drain empty and then power on again is it likely to get itself into the same state?

I had that issue even BEFORE rooting, on a clean flash of the stock firmware. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

Guest Unable

Root Failed... Same as Kingroot!

Already clean installed ROM but it fails every single time with both methods!

I am Vodafone Portugal user.

Any help?

Guest lunario

I'm on Vodafone Portugal here and I have rooted fine with both methods ( prefer themobilego one ) make sure you have  usb debugging active on dev options ( depuração )

Guest Unable

I'm on Vodafone Portugal here and I have rooted fine with both methods ( prefer themobilego one ) make sure you have  usb debugging active on dev options ( depuração )

I do have it enabled...

I have managed to root a lot of devices before, but not this one! Don't know why

Guest darrellw94

Never managed to exit the bootloader, had to let the battery drain and then it booted fine from there! Think I'll leave it stock for now until we find a more reliable method of rooting every device.

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

Never managed to exit the bootloader, had to let the battery drain and then it booted fine from there! Think I'll leave it stock for now until we find a more reliable method of rooting every device.

Okay, but were it this method alone that were unreliable, I think you would be in a complaining majority, not a minority. Try not to say "we" when you mean "me". I welcome any further, better way to root the device (let's face it; having to rely on a pc to do it is far from ideal). I think this is more a quirk of this device and/or its firmware, considering this issue has exhibited itself after BOTH current root methods. Oh, and its also happened to my device even after a fresh flash of stock firmware. 

Finally, it's all too easy to get muddled up and forget where you're at when rooting, hacking and flashing firmware. With respect, no one knows what procedures you've carried out and in what order; the predictable state of a phone that has had low level commands sent to it, is an unknown quantity, which is why rooting is very often going to void your warranty; support and warranties are all given in relation to a known state of a product, repeatable and predictable

Imagine being the support staff who have to deal with people who've rooted and fiddled with their phones without truly understanding what they're doing. Ugh. I would also say "warranty void if rooted" if I owned a company, and refuse to support anyone rooted. Its perfectly fair and reasonable when you consider it. That's also what makes me annoyed about people who willfully screw up their phones and then lie to the retailer, returning them as "faulty" - it shows a lack of being able to take responsiblity for one's actions (none of this is aimed at you btw).

Edited by macbreakweeklyfan

Guest darrellw94

Okay, but were it this method alone that were unreliable, I think you would be in a complaining majority, not a minority. Try not to say "we" when you mean "me". I welcome any further, better way to root the device (let's face it; having to rely on a pc to do it is far from ideal). I think this is more a quirk of this device and/or its firmware, considering this issue has exhibited itself after BOTH current root methods. Oh, and its also happened to my device even after a fresh flash of stock firmware. 

Finally, it's all too easy to get muddled up and forget where you're at when rooting, hacking and flashing firmware. With respect, no one knows what procedures you've carried out and in what order; the predictable state of a phone that has had low level commands sent to it, is an unknown quantity, which is why rooting is very often going to void your warranty; support and warranties are all given in relation to a known state of a product, repeatable and predictable

Imagine being the support staff who have to deal with people who've rooted and fiddled with their phones without truly understanding what they're doing. Ugh. I would also say "warranty void if rooted" if I owned a company, and refuse to support anyone rooted. Its perfectly fair and reasonable when you consider it. That's also what makes me annoyed about people who willfully screw up their phones and then lie to the retailer, returning them as "faulty" - it shows a lack of being able to take responsiblity for one's actions (none of this is aimed at you btw).

I was stating "we" because generally a community will continue to look for alternative and more convenient ways to do things for the lifetime of a device. You would really hope that the only people trying to root a device would know what they are doing and why the are doing it, I am one such person. No offense was intended by my post, merely trying to get my device out of a bad state which came about from this method, it was relevant to the discussion here.

Guest Roboffabike

Good morning all,

I tried Kingroot with some success and restored a few app settings etc via Titanium Backup.

However, after a few reboots etc, I lost root and cannot regain it.

Is my only path to wipe completely and flash stock zte rom to start again?

Guest Roboffabike

It's safer that way use mobile go  to backup  first  and use their  tool

Root didn't 'hold'.

Steps

Wiped all using zte update.zip

Rooted via mobile go - this worked after a couple of tries

To check, I then manually rebooted, supersu updated itself. Lost root, could not get it back.

Anybody any thoughts?

Guest lunario

Very weird maybe Paul or konstat can share some thoughts on this I have mine uprooted now but I'll try to root again later at home to see if I have same issue

Guest Roboffabike

Can't root also! Neither this way, neither the Kingroot one...

Tried Kingroot again, it worked long enough to restore some app settings, accounts etc.

However, I then uninstalled the mobile go app that I had forgotten about, this removed root!

Now Kingroot doesn't work again...

I will leave alone for the moment as I manage to restore most things I wanted.

This is certainly more fiddly than a nexus!

Edited by Roboffabike
Edit: After a reboot, Kingroot worked again...