[SUPERB! ROOT WITH THIS TOOL, VIA WINDOWS] Wondershare MOBILEGO

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

Guest cRaZyzMaN

Ok, my turn to write some notes.

yesterday, after 1 week of waiting for a new SU6, i got it. Went to the store, returned the old one, brought the new one.
Got home, made the same thing as the other 2 and guess what?! No root can hold after a restart and most of the times i can't even get root.

Tried Wondershare mobileGo, KingRoot, Kingo root and even framaroot. If, and thats a big IF, i can get root, it can only hold for a few minutes and nothing more.
I don't understand. The hardware is the same, software the same algo, no diferences at all.

As a note, i installed stock rom everytime before i tried to root to make it simple. The only thing i do is the OTA update and nothing more.

I am doomed with this device

i have the same issue

the only method working is kingroot but for 1 or 2 minutes then its go

Guest elperroderoke

As far as you have the chance (even once or temporally) to have root permsions, just try to install TWRP so you can root instaling SuperSu from TWRP.

Regards.

Guest fluxcapacitor

Well I couldn't get this to work with my phone either . ( Have rooted loads of phones before).

In the end i used the kingroot but it still didnt seem to install root properly, though it did give me enough time to install Flashify and install TWRP.

I read the other guide, but despite installing SuperSU, the binary and root never remained. When i flashed SuperSU, it left me with a phone stuck at the Android screen.

In the end i booted to TWRP, did a Factory Reset, installed the LITE rom from here http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/375760-vdf-995nb01-uk_mr01d-twrp-flashable-stock-rom-full-lite/

Then installed SuperSU in TWRP and so far it seems i'm rooted and its working fine.

Guest Zeus_Alex

Can you try something?

Go into "/system/Media" and rename the "bootanimation.zip" file to ".bak". Then restart and see if the boot animation is the android stock or the vodafone one. You can later check the file and i have 99% sure that is going to be "bootanimation.zip" again. Doesn't matter how hard you try to rename/delete it, it will always be there.

That means that you are rooted and at the same time, you're not. There will be things that you won't be able to change like the Hosts file for intrusive publicity and any software that needs to write to system.

I am trying to find a way to check it but i need to see if it's my SU6 only or there are others like that.

Guest stringy2010

Well after faffing around for 2 days with the MobileGo method it just didn't work at all for me.

The steps I took to root were to use kingroot, it failed the first 2 times but then worked after a reboot.

After kingroot I then left kingroot running in the background by just pressing the home button and opened up flashify and flashed TWRP.

Once I'd rebooted into TWRP I used it to flash SuperSU.

Root has persisted now after numerous reboots and I have been able to install adaway and other root stuff without problem, sorted.

And chrome works fine too.

Guest fluxcapacitor

Can you try something?

Go into "/system/Media" and rename the "bootanimation.zip" file to ".bak". Then restart and see if the boot animation is the android stock or the vodafone one. You can later check the file and i have 99% sure that is going to be "bootanimation.zip" again. Doesn't matter how hard you try to rename/delete it, it will always be there.

That means that you are rooted and at the same time, you're not. There will be things that you won't be able to change like the Hosts file for intrusive publicity and any software that needs to write to system.

I am trying to find a way to check it but i need to see if it's my SU6 only or there are others like that.

I opened Fx file manager , enabled read-write root mode, renamed the file.

rebooted and it still has voda boot animation. Check in fx and the file had reverted to .zip just like you thought 

Also In Fx file manager, enable read-write mode, I deleted the bootanim, then went back to read only mode and the file just suddenly reappeared! No reboot needed. 

Edited by fluxcapacitor

Guest Zeus_Alex

I tried to see whats the diference between this SU6 i got from the previous one and the only thing i see is the "creamy" screen in this one. So my thought is that there are 2 batches of devices with some hardware diferences somehow.

The one i had previously had more white screen than this one and root was easy and could modify all i wanted. This one with the "more yellow tint" screen had to root it trough TWRP and still can't change system files unless i modify them trough TWRP file manager at recovery.

We need good developers ASAP for this device. I can cook roms, modify them and etc., but my times of developing were in the Windows mobile era and sadly i'm rusty and obsolete with Android developement.
I am still trying to contact ZTE to get help of any way and maybe getting the files needed to make custom roms/kernel but they tell me to wait and nothing more.

Guest KonstaT

I tried to see whats the diference between this SU6 i got from the previous one and the only thing i see is the "creamy" screen in this one. So my thought is that there are 2 batches of devices with some hardware diferences somehow.

The one i had previously had more white screen than this one and root was easy and could modify all i wanted. This one with the "more yellow tint" screen had to root it trough TWRP and still can't change system files unless i modify them trough TWRP file manager at recovery.

We need good developers ASAP for this device. I can cook roms, modify them and etc., but my times of developing were in the Windows mobile era and sadly i'm rusty and obsolete with Android developement.
I am still trying to contact ZTE to get help of any way and maybe getting the files needed to make custom roms/kernel but they tell me to wait and nothing more.

I know ZTE ZMAX has /system write protected so that it can't be modified when you've booted through boot partition (can be written after booted recovery). I think they swapped boot and recovery images because of this at some point before they had any custom ROMs. It doesn't make much sense that this was only enabled on some devices unless there really is different batches.

As for the display differences, I already pointed out an easy way to figure out which panel your device has but no one seems to care...
http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/375801-slight-screen-change-between-handsets/?do=findComment&comment=2264274

You already have everything you need to make custom ROMs. There's nothing more ZTE can/will give you. Some means to 'unlock' the bootloader would be of course great...

Edited by KonstaT

• 4 weeks later...
Guest LisaLiLisaLi

How do you install these USB drivers? I tried Kingroot, did not work. Now trying MobileGo, failed the first time, but maybe it's because the USB driver installation is incomplete?

Thanks!

Guest LisaLiLisaLi

Try to enable USB debugging, I think you need to do that to use Mobilego's root option.

Hi - that's already enabled, you can't use MobileGo without it. However, the device is still showing as "unknown" in the device manager, and I can't install the drivers from the first post.

Guest LisaLiLisaLi

Guest axxa84

Working with kingroot but not persist root after restart phone. When you see rooted, you must flash with flashify the img with TWRP and after that, in recovery flash update supersu 2.46 and will have a permanent root. Use a kingroot immediately after restart. If don't work in the first time, make another restart.

yes but even after that it's not full root, whatever you change in system doesn't survive reboot :(

While that is correct, you can still modify system by using TWRP and/or ADB and the changes will stick. For example I got AdAway working properly and was able to modify build.prop this way. Sure it's not convenient, but it works.

• 1 month later...
Guest cashflow67

I'm not sure if anyone else has tried this, but I've just rooted my SU6 with "WonderShare MobileGO":

http://mobilego.wondershare.com/ 

(Windows Desktop app - works on Windows 10 64, btw)

Tested drivers for adb; work on Windows 10 64, too

http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/375535-usb-drivers-for-windows-updated-with-drivers/

[UPDATE]: This tool also installs "SuperSU", and root has now survived 3 reboots :D

WonderShare1.png

WonderShare2.png

WonderShare3.png

Doesn't work. Mobilego Can't access /system partition access. I don't have R/W access. I can't remove system apps or I can't edit build prob.

• 4 months later...
Guest KenT8HD

Doesn´t work for me either.KingRoot also fails but sometimes it shows root succesfull but then the system just crashes with ´´stopped working´´ on all apps like phone,settings,systemui,launcher etc.MobileGo just gets stuck for like 2 or more hours without no error code or whatsoever.Using W10 x64 btw

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ann apple
On 2016/3/8 at 3:56 AM, KenT8HD said:

Doesn´t work for me either.KingRoot also fails but sometimes it shows root succesfull but then the system just crashes with ´´stopped working´´ on all apps like phone,settings,systemui,launcher etc.MobileGo just gets stuck for like 2 or more hours without no error code or whatsoever.Using W10 x64 btw

I once used a chinese root tool iRoot sevaral times and it never happen this kind of things. Usually the version of  iRoot for PC has a higher success rate.

Guest BlueMoonRising
2 hours ago, ann apple said:

I once used a chinese root tool iRoot sevaral times and it never happen this kind of things. Usually the version of  iRoot for PC has a higher success rate.

That seems to be a dodgy Chinese root tool, I'd be careful of using it for anyone tempted.

• 1 month later...
Guest Jono400

Trying this method but although the software recognises the phone when plugged ie. Installs a driver and shows the actual phones home screen etc on the computer  when I start the rooting process after a short while it will reboot the phone and just shows the root access screen and just goes thru a constant rebooting / start up routine . The screen shows no phone or memory card on the main screen off the software on the PC  when it has rebooted where as again it shows the phones screen memory / memory card status etc on the software when first connected into the pc via usb.

any ideas ?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Amon RA

After the last update, I do not ROOT, that neither KingRoot or MobileGO. Does anyone of you have the same problem?

Vodafone Smart Prime 6 - [ROM][LP][STOCK][5.1.1][VDF-995NB01-CZ07b]

EDiT: Root with KR for PC.

Edited by Amon RA