[ROM][4.4.2] MIUI v6-v7

Guest johnickz

Guest dalyer
On 01/06/2016 at 8:22 PM, dalyer said:

As I said unfortunately I had to ditch kouskous's MIUI (the one linked from the first post in this thread) and I switched to this one which seems to be working well:

http://www.needrom.com/download/f1-miui-v7-2-1-stabile/

Edit: maybe my use of the OpenGapps gapps (nano) was the problem on Kouskous's ROM?

http://opengapps.org/?api=4.4&variant=nano

With t_gumienny's I used this instead and had no problems: 

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95832962473395379

It installs more stuff but I used link2sd to convert gapps that I did not want to user apps and then uninstalled them and also to merge updates to Play Services/Store/Google etc. into the system.

This allowed me to pare back the bloat.

I did have to apply t_gumienny's sound patch for low sound but that was all. 

I did not have any notification problem so did not need to do the IPv6 script hack (maybe that's router/network dependent though?).

I was using Gmail for mail but it was killing the battery so I switched to the MIUI built-in mail app and battery use is a lot better.

Phone now working really well so my gf is happy - let's see how long it takes her to destroy the F1 after she managed to add my Haier W910 to the long list of hand me down phones that she has killed on me... :pensive:

I didn't really get to properly evaluate and compare kouskous MIUI v t_gumienny MIUI but it looks like the latter is a bit more up to date and based on my experience it's the better ROM.

Quick update - t_gumienny's MIUI 7.3.1 really working well for my gf:

http://www.needrom.com/download/f1-miui-v7-2-1-stabile/

Guest johnickz

Thank you for keeping this thread updated Dalyer and for your feedback.

I will not try this version yet, cause I think that hopefully someday soon we ll have MIUI8 (still in beta though),

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest johnickz

Man you are using this whole time, another version than the one I mention in the first post!! I suggested NOT the 6.1.28 from kouskous look carefully! And maybe yes, that's why you had problems with Play Store.

For other members that are wondering, always flash with Phil's recovery follow the instructions of the author of the ROM.

Quick update, the guy from needrom is willing to port MIUI 8 sometime, maybe we can PM him and push him in that direction :)

Edited by johnickz

Guest dalyer
On 27/08/2016 at 8:31 AM, johnickz said:

Man you are using this whole time, another version than the one I mention in the first post!! I suggested NOT the 6.1.28 from kouskous look carefully! And maybe yes, that's why you had problems with Play Store.

Who? Me?

I followed the instructions in the thread and had problems with kouskous's MIUI but none with t_gumienny's which my gf is still using with no problems at all (and I think I flashed it with TWRP).

To be honest this thread and others about MIUI were a bit confusing about what was a good/the best MIUI so my experience is that t_gumienny's is pretty good.

Just flashed it and didn't need to hack anything (e.g. IPv6, notification stuff etc.).

I'm happy and she's happy so that's good. :-)

• 3 months later...
Guest KennyPowers

Update - followed dalyer's instructions above, and installed MIUI over Maucat.

Everything works fine, even better I can now use a pin on the lock screen :-)

Is there a way to get the inbuilt virus scanner definitions to update? (tencent and avl)

Edited by KennyPowers
Bit more time to play

• 6 months later...
Guest KennyPowers

Been having GPS problems recently with this ROM.

Not sure if a Google Play update causing this, or the hardware is faulty.

Anyone else had GPS problems (not seeing satellites) recently with this ROM?

Guest KennyPowers

Think I may have resolved issue.

Used app GPS Status & Toolbox, and did a reset and download of gps files. Maybe they got corrupt or something.