[ROM][6.0][ALL] CyanogenMod 13 [18/12/2016]

Guest chil360

Guest knoelli

Regarding the black screen issue: this exists since the very first Lollipop (5.0) roms and a definitive fix hasn't been found yet.

However, the best workaround (at least for me, I am using CM13 since late 2015 and haven't had a single blackscreen in 2016) seems to be to set the CPU governor to "smartmax" and the minimum CPU frequency to 480MHz. This can easily be done with Kernel Adiutor (just remember to check that it should reenable those settings on reboot).

The issue with the camera sometimes not working seems to be getting better lately. With a maximum resolution of 3 million pixels, I rarely have problems anymore. In addition, there's a new camera app available called: "Footej Camera". This app - while not being as feature rich - seems to be slightly more stable than other apps. Most of the times I can take pictures at the maximum resolution (5 million pixels). In those cases where it doesn't work, I can unblock the camera by taking a 3MP image (with any other app), right after that Footej works again at 5MP.

Guest AbMa

My phone too is showing the "SD card damaged-issue" after trying to format a (brand new 32 GB Sandusk UHS-1, or an older 8GB card) SD card as internal memory, in the May 29-version of the ROM. It formats up to 40-60%, then reports that the card is probably slow, then seems to finish formatting reporting "the card can now be used". However, in the Storage and USB section of the settings, the card is reported as "damaged" and it cannot be used in any way. Formatting as external memory works just fine, but I want to use it as internal memory as the Y300 has close to none.

Does anyone know a workaround?

Which version of the ROM is the last one in which formatting as internal memory works?

Is there any chance that this problem will be resolved in a future version?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Guest anotherjib
10 hours ago, AbMa said:

My phone too is showing the "SD card damaged-issue" after trying to format a (brand new 32 GB Sandusk UHS-1, or an older 8GB card) SD card as internal memory, in the May 29-version of the ROM. It formats up to 40-60%, then reports that the card is probably slow, then seems to finish formatting reporting "the card can now be used". However, in the Storage and USB section of the settings, the card is reported as "damaged" and it cannot be used in any way. Formatting as external memory works just fine, but I want to use it as internal memory as the Y300 has close to none.

Does anyone know a workaround?

Which version of the ROM is the last one in which formatting as internal memory works?

Is there any chance that this problem will be resolved in a future version?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

I have only partitioned and formatted my card on a windows machine using minitool partition wizard, have three partitions - first for storage, second for apps2sd (made it ext4fs) and a small one for swap. After rom updates when cm13 asks about it I choose portable for the first partition and do nothing with the rest. I then run apps2sd which uses the second for linking apps from there and the third to disable zram and have swaps. System keeps telling they are corrupt but I just ignore it, everything works fine.

Guest daneal2u

Hello ppl!

So here I'm a user of G525-U00 stuck on stock 4.1.2. So my qn is does anyone know how to unlock bootloader of this device so that I can start developing a cm13 port for my device. Ive tried requesting an unlock code at the Huawei website but it throws up an error. I've even contacted their support but they seem to know nothing. Any help would be appreciated!

PS: did u guys also unlock bootloader to flash custom roms?

Thanks!

Guest anotherjib
11 hours ago, daneal2u said:

PS: did u guys also unlock bootloader to flash custom roms?

This was the first thing I had to do with the phone, but it was such a long time ago I don't even remember how I did it. I believe kingo root includes bootloader unlocking function

Guest daneal2u
53 minutes ago, anotherjib said:

This was the first thing I had to do with the phone, but it was such a long time ago I don't even remember how I did it. I believe kingo root includes bootloader unlocking function

Can anyone else confirm if kingo root would do the trick?

Guest D3mon3
56 minutes ago, daneal2u said:

Can anyone else confirm if kingo root would do the trick?

Nope. Not have  Look at forum how do this or use google ;-) 

Guest kneppl

Hello, I try to use the rom for u8825d but it displays an error message during installation that it was not for this device.
Is there anyway a way to use it or a more appropriate ROM?
Thanks in advance.

Guest AbMa
On 4-6-2016 at 9:14 AM, anotherjib said:

"I then run apps2sd which uses the second for linking apps from there and the third to disable zram and have swaps"

Thanks for your answer. I have used Apps2SD before, but I have had on a few occasions that after a blackscreen crash the App2SD-partition was corrupt and I couldn't repair it, not even from the linux PC we have in the house. So basically I had to re-install everything every time. That's why I was hoping that adopting memory would be a better way to go. I wanted te check that out, but it doen't want to format, as described.

BTW how do you tell Android to use that third partition as swap space?

Guest anotherjib
16 hours ago, AbMa said:

Thanks for your answer. I have used Apps2SD before, but I have had on a few occasions that after a blackscreen crash the App2SD-partition was corrupt and I couldn't repair it, not even from the linux PC we have in the house. So basically I had to re-install everything every time. That's why I was hoping that adopting memory would be a better way to go. I wanted te check that out, but it doen't want to format, as described.

BTW how do you tell Android to use that third partition as swap space?

Do you mean App2SD or Apps2SD? These might be differently behaving. I use Apps2SD (by Vicky Bonick), there you can handle swap. It also has SD formatting possibility, although I never used it. 

Guest dexterplanck
17 hours ago, bakemarc said:

how to uninstall c-apps?

@bakemarc , you must activate root, and can remove any system app you want with Titanium Backup , be careful, dont remove apps needed by system to work.

Use at your own risk ! :)

Edited by dexterplanck

On 6-6-2016 at 8:56 AM, anotherjib said:

Do you mean App2SD or Apps2SD? These might be differently behaving. I use Apps2SD (by Vicky Bonick), there you can handle swap. It also has SD formatting possibility, although I never used it.

Actually, it was Link2SD from Bulent Akpinar that I used. The problem there was that after a black screen-crash the link partition was not writable anymore and I couldn't get it fixed. I hope Vicky Bonick's Apps2SD performs better.

But still, I hope that in some update of the ROM, the format as internal option in the storage section will work!

Edited by AbMa

Guest anotherjib
9 hours ago, AbMa said:

Actually, it was Link2SD from Bulent Akpinar that I used. The problem there was that after a black screen-crash the link partition was not writable anymore and I couldn't get it fixed. I hope Vicky Bonick's Apps2SD performs better.

But still, I hope that in some update of the ROM, the format as internal option in the storage section will work!

I agree it would be better of course. On the other hand I never had any problems with using it as portable storage. I have just 1 gb on internal card (as all y300 I guess), and a sd card partitioned into three, first part used for portable storage, second and third by apps2sd for linking and cache (these two the system thinks are corrupt). Everything I need fits there so far.