[DEV][ROM][7.2.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for Huawei Y5

Guest KonstaT

Guest Athunik

Howdy KonstaT?

Seems like Huawei Y5 has finally made their kernel (or what ever) open-source. But is it really true?
At least it seems like it http://m.huawei.com/enmobile/consumer/mobile-phones/detail/huawei-y5-en.htm when you go to Downloads tab.

But as I've read somewhere, you already told that it's incomplete. However, has it changed in those recent months? I'm really looking forward to LineageOS, since I just tried it on my Xiaomi Redmi 1S. It would be decent to have official LineageOS for Huawei Y5, which also includes updater (included one picture in the attachments, from my Xiaomi Redmi 1S)

Oh by the way, where did you learn all that ROM stuff? I would love to try it out myself, but I don't know where to start really..

Screenshot_20170130-154109.png

Guest KonstaT
25 minutes ago, Athunik said:

Howdy KonstaT?

Seems like Huawei Y5 has finally made their kernel (or what ever) open-source. But is it really true?
At least it seems like it http://m.huawei.com/enmobile/consumer/mobile-phones/detail/huawei-y5-en.htm when you go to Downloads tab.

But as I've read somewhere, you already told that it's incomplete. However, has it changed in those recent months? I'm really looking forward to LineageOS, since I just tried it on my Xiaomi Redmi 1S. It would be decent to have official LineageOS for Huawei Y5, which also includes updater (included one picture in the attachments, from my Xiaomi Redmi 1S)

Oh by the way, where did you learn all that ROM stuff? I would love to try it out myself, but I don't know where to start really..

Kernel source was incomplete for 11 months but Huawei did release proper source code back in November. There's already a source built kernel included in the latest CM12.1/CM13 builds. Try to keep up. :P

Official CyanogenMod/LineageOS/whatever is not going to happen.

Guest Athunik
1 minute ago, KonstaT said:

Kernel source was incomplete for 11 months but Huawei did release proper source code back in November. There's already a source built kernel included in the latest CM12.1/CM13 builds. Try to keep up. :P

Official CyanogenMod/LineageOS/whatever is not going to happen.

Oh..

Silly me. :D
Thank you for the reply, I'll try the latest CM13 build for sure!

But still, if I'm planning on trying to port LineageOS to this device, could you provide some decent tutorials or guides, where should I start? If I need some programming skills, then I already know some basic C#, PHP and I also tried Java at some point.

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, Athunik said:

But still, if I'm planning on trying to port LineageOS to this device, could you provide some decent tutorials or guides, where should I start? If I need some programming skills, then I already know some basic C#, PHP and I also tried Java at some point.

I'm sure LineageOS will have a 'how to port' wiki page eventually (CM wiki is now down).

There's build instruction in my github if you want to build CM12.1/CM13. This was just recently discussed in CM12.1 thread.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Alonso98
8 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

New build.

http://konstakang.com/devices/y560/CM13

-rebrand to LineageOS
-patch known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-xxxx-xxxx, and more)
-Android security patch level: 1 January 2017 (merged)

Nice :D is it necessary to do a fresh installation? or it can be updated directly? Also I suppose I must wait for the U23 patch

Guest KonstaT
4 minutes ago, Alonso98 said:

Nice :D is it necessary to do a fresh installation? or it can be updated directly? Also I suppose I must wait for the U23 patch

You can update from previous CM13 build. No need to wipe anything. You need to use latest gapps package with LineageOS.

Already updated the U23 patch.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Alonso98
7 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

You can update from previous CM13 build. No need to wipe anything. You need to use latest gapps package with LineageOS.

Already updated the U23 patch.

Ok, cool. I'll have to test it these days. Thanks for your work

Guest Alonso98
On 20/11/2016 at 8:24 PM, Alonso98 said:

...so I tried installing the old patch, and then the new patch and it fixed it. I don't know what kind of problems could cause this, but right now is working OK

Ok I'm gonna quote myself that moment when had ril issues. With lineage happened the same thing, ril wasn't working after applying the patch. Rebooted several times so I could discard that I did something wrong. So since what I said didn't have too much sense, I tried to find out differences between the two patches. Some other lines were added to build.prop in the old versions so after some tests I found out that "ro.telephony.ril.config=simactivation" is now also necessary to make ril work in the U23 variant. Everything else is working as expected. :)

Guest KonstaT
8 hours ago, Alonso98 said:

Ok I'm gonna quote myself that moment when had ril issues. With lineage happened the same thing, ril wasn't working after applying the patch. Rebooted several times so I could discard that I did something wrong. So since what I said didn't have too much sense, I tried to find out differences between the two patches. Some other lines were added to build.prop in the old versions so after some tests I found out that "ro.telephony.ril.config=simactivation" is now also necessary to make ril work in the U23 variant. Everything else is working as expected. :)

Updated the U23 patch, added ro.telephony.ril.config=simactivation back. I have no recollection why those properties were removed in the previous patch (someone said something?).

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
51 minutes ago, Fablau said:

Thanks for new build, my wife and me have the same problem: 

When we hang up before we have " incorrect number "

I can't reproduce such issue. You need to be more specific than that.

Have you tried toggling Settings -> Mobile networks -> Connected line identification?

Connected line identification enable or disable not change that

Edit: when i use another dialer for exemple phone+, there is not message but that bip several time

Edited by Fablau

Guest KonstaT
4 hours ago, Fablau said:

Connected line identification enable or disable not change that

Edit: when i use another dialer for exemple phone+, there is not message but that bip several time

I still don't understand what is this issue. You need to be more specific. Exact steps to reproduce? Logcat?

Can you try using a SIM card from a different carrier?

Edited by KonstaT

After a call, when the interlocutor hangs up in the first one, I have this message with beep sonnore. 

And yes my card is Orange.fr, I don't have this problem with CM12.1.

Guest daninazza

I have the same problem as Fablau's. When you call someone and that person ends the call before you do, a pop up comes up and says that "the number is invalid".

To reproduce the issue, call another phone. On that other phone end the call. The pop up appears

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, Fablau said:

After a call, when the interlocutor hangs up in the first one, I have this message with beep sonnore. 

And yes my card is Orange.fr, I don't have this problem with CM12.1.

20 minutes ago, daninazza said:

I have the same problem as Fablau's. When you call someone and that person ends the call before you do, a pop up comes up and says that "the number is invalid".

To reproduce the issue, call another phone. On that other phone end the call. The pop up appears

Ok, I can reproduce this as well. Did this happen with previous CM13 builds?

You can just ignore the pop up, not much of an issue. I'll look into.

Guest KonstaT
14 hours ago, skezn said:

@KonstaT Can you make a build of SlimRom for this device?

Not going to happen. I have no interest in making a build of every CM/AOSP based ROM out there.

I've open sourced device trees for this device so anyone can just do it themselves.

Guest Mirk43v

Amazing rom you made it works really well and smooth, no bugs found so far , everything is working well, batery life increased imo but i have a few questions

1 is there a way of moving big cache games on sd without converting the sd card to internal storage

2 it seems i can't close recently openend apps ( i mean holding the square button does nothing) is that a bug or its how it supposed to be?

Guest daninazza
Amazing rom you made it works really well and smooth, no bugs found so far , everything is working well, batery life increased imo but i have a few questions

1 is there a way of moving big cache games on sd without converting the sd card to internal storage

2 it seems i can't close recently openend apps ( i mean holding the square button does nothing) is that a bug or its how it supposed to be?

You can set the behavior of the square and circle buttons going in to settings->buttons

Guest KonstaT
10 hours ago, Mirk43v said:

'Square' button is, and is supposed to be, MENU button on this device (just like on stock firmware). You're probably just confused that it's not multi-tasking button like 'square' button is on Android navigation bar.

Like daninazza said, you can change the behavior from settings.

Guest Mirk43v

Thanks for the fast reply, i didn't expect for such a fast reply

Anyway , i figured out that square button thing this morning but i had too much on my plate and couldn't post again. About the memory card i found a solution

But (there's always a but) this morning i had some problems with the "don't disturb function" and the problem was that it wouldn't turn off no matter what i did, restarting, trying to change profiles...but somehow i managed to deactivate it...however it made me question what could it be? To be onest i was expecting bigger bugs , the ones that i encountered are misunderstandings mostly and some tiny errors i guess... Nothing too special.

When I read this thread (I think) a few days ago I thought I saw an issue regarding the latest B046 version of the firmware but I can´t find the post anywhere. I think it had anything to do with the bootloader.

Is this an something anyone can confirm or deny?