[RECOVERY] TWRP 3.0.2-0 for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook & Hibook Pro

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
34 minutes ago, fgaine said:

Hi

I have installed the intel usb driver an d the sdk tools. My Hi10 Pro is recognized by my Windows 10 pc as a mtp device. I have usb debugging enabled and according to the tablet the bootloader is already unlocked. However the Windows terminal window does not recognize 'adb' as a command. What am I missing?

Did you install SDK platform-tools? There's also a platform-tools standalone package available these days (https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-windows.zip). You need to have adb&fastboot in your PATH.

Guest fgaine

Hi KonstaT

And thank you for your quick response. Yes, I have just worked out that I needed my recovery image and my cmd windows opened in the platform tools folder.

Now I seem to have succeeded in flashing twrp and I would like to move on to the next stage: installing the file that disables dm-verity. However my twrp recovery freezes and I cannot 'swipe to unlock'. Rebooting to recovery again did not solve the issue?..

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, fgaine said:

Hi KonstaT

And thank you for your quick response. Yes, I have just worked out that I needed my recovery image and my cmd windows opened in the platform tools folder.

Now I seem to have succeeded in flashing twrp and I would like to move on to the next stage: installing the file that disables dm-verity. However my twrp recovery freezes and I cannot 'swipe to unlock'. Rebooting to recovery again did not solve the issue?..

Did you flash the correct recovery for your device? Check stock firmware version your device was shipped with and serial number on the back of the device. There's several production batches of Hi10 Pro with different touchscreen hardware.

Guest fgaine
12 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Did you flash the correct recovery for your device? Check stock firmware version your device was shipped with and serial number on the back of the device. There's several production batches of Hi10 Pro with different touchscreen hardware.

Hi. I tried to reboot (not flash) to another version of twrp and it worked. However Android no longer starts now (Windows works fine) - I may have partially bricked the device and I have no idea how to fix this...

Guest KonstaT
37 minutes ago, fgaine said:

Hi. I tried to reboot (not flash) to another version of twrp and it worked. However Android no longer starts now (Windows works fine) - I may have partially bricked the device and I have no idea how to fix this...

On 10/12/2016 at 6:28 PM, KonstaT said:

2. Install boot image that disables dm-verity before you modify your /system partition in any way. Otherwise dm-verity will prevent your device from booting.

Guest fgaine

I can't even do this as i have no longer access to the bootloader. Boot screen freezes at the Chuwi logo...

Edited by fgaine

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, fgaine said:

I can't even do this as i have no longer access to the bootloader. Boot screen freezes at the Chuwi logo...

On 12.10.2016 at 6:28 PM, KonstaT said:

You can also boot to bootloader by holding volume down button when powering on the device (or when selecting to boot to Android if you have a dual-boot device).

Please read first.

I't near impossible to 'brick' these Chinese Cherry Trail devices (unless you're flashing the wrong BIOS). Even if everything else fails you can always just flash stock firmware from Chuwi forum with Intel Platform Flash Tool.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest fgaine
2 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Please read first.

I't near impossible to 'brick' these Chinese Cherry Trail devices (unless you're flashing the wrong BIOS). Even if everything else fails you can always just flash stock firmware from Chuwi forum with Intel Platform Flash Tool.

Thanks you're a genius! I've managed to recover Android by using the Intel Flash tool. But it has made Windows disappear! Looks like I will have to do that too. Is it OK if I install twrp and root Android first, then deal with reinstalling Windows later on?

Guest fgaine

After countless retries it is still not working. It works as far as rebooting to twrp. Then when I use twrp recovery to search for the disable-dm verity file (which I have placed on the root of the internal sd card) I just can't find it!. Then when I give up and reboot the tablet it stays stuck forever at the Chuwi logo and I have to reflash Android with the Intel platform flash tool. I must have done those procedures about 8 times now.

I believe the problem is that my tablet is too recent for any of the files provided here. My serial number is HQ64G42170604104. So which Android should I flash? Which twrp should I use??

Thanks.

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, fgaine said:

After countless retries it is still not working. It works as far as rebooting to twrp. Then when I use twrp recovery to search for the disable-dm verity file (which I have placed on the root of the internal sd card) I just can't find it!. Then when I give up and reboot the tablet it stays stuck forever at the Chuwi logo and I have to reflash Android with the Intel platform flash tool. I must have done those procedures about 8 times now.

I believe the problem is that my tablet is too recent for any of the files provided here. My serial number is HQ64G42170604104. So which Android should I flash? Which twrp should I use??

Thanks.

What stock firmware (that is fully working on your device) are you flashing from Chuwi site? Use TWRP/patches that match that stock firmware version.

Guest fgaine
13 hours ago, KonstaT said:

What stock firmware (that is fully working on your device) are you flashing from Chuwi site? Use TWRP/patches that match that stock firmware version.

Hi. Thanks for your continuous support. I use the following stock image from the Chuwi forum, and it works absolutely fine until I try to twrp it

The serial number after Hi10 HQ64G42170300000 - Hi10 Pro Android (2017.03)

As for your TWRP files I have tried:

Hi10 Pro - z8350 - serial no HQ64G42170100001-HQ64G42170300000 and

Hi10 Pro - z8350 - serial no HQ64G42170100001-HQ64G42170300000 - TWRP flashable

with no success.

As I mentioned before, it doesn't look like my tablet's serial number (HQ64G42170604104) matches any of your TWRP files, or does it?

I will write later the procedure of what I am doing, you might find an error there...

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, fgaine said:

Hi. Thanks for your continuous support. I use the following stock image from the Chuwi forum, and it works absolutely fine until I try to twrp it

The serial number after Hi10 HQ64G42170300000 - Hi10 Pro Android (2017.03)

As for your TWRP files I have tried:

Hi10 Pro - z8350 - serial no HQ64G42170100001-HQ64G42170300000 and

Hi10 Pro - z8350 - serial no HQ64G42170100001-HQ64G42170300000 - TWRP flashable

with no success.

As I mentioned before, it doesn't look like my tablet's serial number (HQ64G42170604104) matches any of your TWRP files, or does it?

I will write later the procedure of what I am doing, you might find an error there...

HQ64 TWRP works in all Hi10 Pro HQ64 devices(?) regardless of serial number I've been told. There's different CM12.1/RemixOS compatibility patches for different HQ64 batches, though.

Do you see any errors when booting into TWRP? If there's some errors about mounting partitions, you need to format /data partition first (also erases internal storage).

What are you trying to achieve in the end? If you're planning to install a custom ROM (CM12.1/RemixOS) you can just skip the dm-verity patch. That's only needed if you're planning on using stock ROM and want to modify it somehow (root, etc). Custom ROMs already come with dm-verity disabled. You can place files on internal storage, external sdcard or USB memory stick and switch storage in TWRP.

Guest fgaine
42 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

HQ64 TWRP works in all Hi10 Pro HQ64 devices(?) regardless of serial number I've been told. There's different CM12.1/RemixOS compatibility patches for different HQ64 batches, though.

Do you see any errors when booting into TWRP? If there's some errors about mounting partitions, you need to format /data partition first (also erases internal storage).

What are you trying to achieve in the end? If you're planning to install a custom ROM (CM12.1/RemixOS) you can just skip the dm-verity patch. That's only needed if you're planning on using stock ROM and want to modify it somehow (root, etc). Custom ROMs already come with dm-verity disabled. You can place files on internal storage, external sdcard or USB memory stick and switch storage in TWRP.

Thanks. I did see some logs in twrp mentioning 'unable to mount partition'. So I will need to retry and format partition then. But in means I'll then have to place the dm-verity file on a otg usb drive - I hope it'll work OK.

All I am trying to achieve is to get my Android rooted. I'll let you know how that worked tonight or tomorrow.

Many thanks!

Guest fgaine
11 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Man I've got root! Yee - haaa! Been working on it for 5 days. The secret was in your last response: to format the Data/ partition! For future reference we need to specify that the process is in that order:

-enable usb debugging and oem unlock

-reboot to bootloader

-unlock bootloader

-flash twerp

-format Data/ partition

-DO NOT REBOOT THE SYSTEM!

-install the disable dm-verity file (then wipe cache)

-boot to system to check everything went fine

-reboot to recovery and install Supersu.

-Done!

Thank you so much for your relentless support. You're a great developer and you follow through with the users of your builds. Respect.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I tried the default hi10 pro twrp on my tablet (HQ64G4216XXXX) and it does boot on what I believe is the normal twrp, but freezes and I can't sweep to unlock or anything. I tried both the boot and the flash recovery options but got stuck.

Any idea to pass that issue so I can continue the installation?

Xav

13 hours ago, tttp said:

Hi,

I tried the default hi10 pro twrp on my tablet (HQ64G4216XXXX) and it does boot on what I believe is the normal twrp, but freezes and I can't sweep to unlock or anything. I tried both the boot and the flash recovery options but got stuck.

Any idea to pass that issue so I can continue the installation?

Xav

Reading usually helps. There's a different version for Hi10 Pro HQ64 devices...

Serial numbers is what is listed on Chuwi forum (http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2341) and which stock firmware I've used to extract the kernel from (to get the right touchscreen driver for each production batch with slight hardware changes). HQ64 TWRP is reported working on all(?) HQ64 devices even with serial no. smaller or bigger than the given range.

Edited by KonstaT

• 1 month later...
Guest DrakenFX

@KonstaT

First of all, i appreciated all your work with Chuwi products and i got the Hi10 Pro (Z8350) , Serial # start with HQ64G421709XXXXX comes with Unlock Bootloader out of the box, but when i flash the TWRP image Hi10Pro_HQ and boot to TWRP, there is NO Graphical UI , Touch just 2 different color layer. with nothing on it.

when type : adb devices , shows i'm on recovery

EDIT : i manage to pull boot partition in case you need it.

Edited by DrakenFX

Guest KonstaT
11 hours ago, DrakenFX said:

@KonstaT

First of all, i appreciated all your work with Chuwi products and i got the Hi10 Pro (Z8350) , Serial # start with HQ64G421709XXXXX comes with Unlock Bootloader out of the box, but when i flash the TWRP image Hi10Pro_HQ and boot to TWRP, there is NO Graphical UI , Touch just 2 different color layer. with nothing on it.

when type : adb devices , shows i'm on recovery

EDIT : i manage to pull boot partition in case you need it.

What stock firmware version did your device ship with? Which TWRP image did you try to flash?

Guest DrakenFX
4 hours ago, KonstaT said:

What stock firmware version did your device ship with? Which TWRP image did you try to flash?

* Windows 10 / Android 5.1

* TWRP image , I try was " recovery-twrp3020-cht_cr_mrd_w-Hi10Pro-HQ64.img "

here is the " hi10pro_boot_HQ64G4217090xxxx.img " partition , hope this help

P.S. I have adb root access, so need me to pull any other partition let me know please. Thanks again.

Guest KonstaT
57 minutes ago, DrakenFX said:

* Windows 10 / Android 5.1

* TWRP image , I try was " recovery-twrp3020-cht_cr_mrd_w-Hi10Pro-HQ64.img "

here is the " hi10pro_boot_HQ64G4217090xxxx.img " partition , hope this help

P.S. I have adb root access, so need me to pull any other partition let me know please. Thanks again.

Which stock Android firmware version? Check Settings->About device or check ro.build.display.id in /system/build.prop.

Hi10Pro-HQ64 TWRP is reported working on all Hi10 Pro devices with HQ64 serial no so far. I don't expect your's to be any different. Make sure you've followed installation istructions on the TWRP page (try both booting and flashing the TWRP image).

Guest DrakenFX
11 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Which stock Android firmware version? Check Settings->About device or check ro.build.display.id in /system/build.prop.

Hi10Pro-HQ64 TWRP is reported working on all Hi10 Pro devices with HQ64 serial no so far. I don't expect your's to be any different. Make sure you've followed installation istructions on the TWRP page (try both booting and flashing the TWRP image).

I read on you OP should work , but for some reason doesn't, and sorry for the wrong stock firmware info here is what you really asked.

* ro.build.display.id=cht_cr_mrd_w-userdebug 5.1 LMY47I eng.softteam.20170707.095341 release-keys

the whole build.prop on pastebin : https//pastebin.com/va8SqRY6

Thanks again for your help.

Edited by DrakenFX

Guest KonstaT
58 minutes ago, DrakenFX said:

I read on you OP should work , but for some reason doesn't, and sorry for the wrong stock firmware info here is what you really asked.

* ro.build.display.id=cht_cr_mrd_w-userdebug 5.1 LMY47I eng.softteam.20170707.095341 release-keys

the whole build.prop on pastebin : https//pastebin.com/va8SqRY6

Thanks again for your help.

Please test TWRP image linked below.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817906626617944104

Edited by KonstaT

Guest DrakenFX
16 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Thank you so much man,

I'll totally do, and Report back as soon I flash this new image over fastboot.

Not at home at the moment.

@KonstaT

EDIT : ok , i couldn't resists and downloaded adb/fastboot to this laptop. and still no luck same result as before

IMG_20171104_103929.jpg

Edited by DrakenFX

Guest KonstaT
16 hours ago, DrakenFX said:

Thank you so much man,

I'll totally do, and Report back as soon I flash this new image over fastboot.

Not at home at the moment.

@KonstaT

EDIT : ok , i couldn't resists and downloaded adb/fastboot to this laptop. and still no luck same result as before

Sorry, no idea then. Check recovery logs in /cache/recovery if there's something there.

Edited by KonstaT

Hello @KonstaT

I have received my Chuwi Hi10 Pro from Gearbest. It comes with Android 5.1 and Windows 10.

The performance is poor, in my opinion, in both Operative Systems, so I would solve this poor performance.

What should I do, root & install TWRP recovery, to finally flash a new Remix OS 2.0 ROM?

Thanks in advance.

PD: Please find attached the Android OS information.

photo6050993687929924371.jpg