[DEV][ROM][28.1.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
7 hours ago, TeutonJon78 said:

I just wanted to double check -- we use the x86 gapps, not the x86_64 versions? Or can we use either one?

Edit: Nevermind, I just looked at the build.prop files to see what ABIs are included -- only 32-bit, same as for the stock build (which makes sense, since it has to share a kernel).

Which is an odd choice from Chuwi for a 64-bit tablet, but oh well.

6 hours ago, Chuwi Hi12 said:

I used x86 because that was linked to in instructions but would also like to know if the x86_64 would have worked. 

It's running 64-bit (x86_64) Linux kernel and 32-bit (x86) Android userspace. So you're running 64-bit operating system where it matters. It's not an unusual setup on devices like this.

x86_64 gapps won't work.

Guest baberg

Hello, thanks for putting in the work for this, I appreciate it.

I have recently bought a Hi10 Pro with an HQ64 serial number and everything seems to work well except for auto-rotation.  It rotates, but the rotation is 90 degrees out of sync.  Docked in the keyboard, the bottom of the display is on the right.  Undocking and turning it clockwise (so as to align with what it is displaying) rotates the display so that the bottom is adjacent to the buttons.

I have tried two separate Hi10 Pros (thanks Amazon) and both have this issue.  It did not have this issue in the stock firmware that came with the tablet.  These are fresh machines flashed following the instructions in the third post, including flashing cm-12.1-20161204-chuwi_vi10plus-Hi10Pro-HQ64.zip.  

If there an option I can set, something I can look at in the logs, or even a test build you want me to try please let me know.  Thanks in advance, and again I appreciate all the effort you put into making these tablets better.

Guest KonstaT
5 hours ago, baberg said:

Hello, thanks for putting in the work for this, I appreciate it.

I have recently bought a Hi10 Pro with an HQ64 serial number and everything seems to work well except for auto-rotation.  It rotates, but the rotation is 90 degrees out of sync.  Docked in the keyboard, the bottom of the display is on the right.  Undocking and turning it clockwise (so as to align with what it is displaying) rotates the display so that the bottom is adjacent to the buttons.

I have tried two separate Hi10 Pros (thanks Amazon) and both have this issue.  It did not have this issue in the stock firmware that came with the tablet.  These are fresh machines flashed following the instructions in the third post, including flashing cm-12.1-20161204-chuwi_vi10plus-Hi10Pro-HQ64.zip.  

If there an option I can set, something I can look at in the logs, or even a test build you want me to try please let me know.  Thanks in advance, and again I appreciate all the effort you put into making these tablets better.

When did you download the Hi10Pro-HQ64 patch? I silently updated them yesterday and rotation _should_ be working now.

Guest baberg
8 hours ago, KonstaT said:

When did you download the Hi10Pro-HQ64 patch? I silently updated them yesterday and rotation _should_ be working now.

I downloaded it 2016-01-07 18:15 Eastern US time so yes, seems like I probably had the old version.

Just re-downloaded and re-flashed both the main ROM and the patch for HQ64 and rotation is working.  Thanks!

Guest suhridkhan

The audio is a bit delayed in this rom. I see that a few other people also reported this in the past. Is this a CM issue? It wasn't there on the stock rom. I am currently on your Remix rom. No issue there either. Does CM uses different audio driver?

Thanks for all of your effort.

Guest KonstaT
7 hours ago, suhridkhan said:

The audio is a bit delayed in this rom. I see that a few other people also reported this in the past. Is this a CM issue? It wasn't there on the stock rom. I am currently on your Remix rom. No issue there either. Does CM uses different audio driver?

Thanks for all of your effort.

This only happens with some games AFAIK.

Yeah, something with CM12.1. Audio HALs are the same as stock but the av framework side is completely different of course. There's nothing interesting in the logs and this issue has been there always (first CM12.1 build I've done for Cherry Trail devices was 20160531 for iWork8 Ultimate and I can reproduce it there) so there's nothing I can bisect. Could be just some Android security patch or CAF commit that causes it for it for this platform. These are the only Cherry Trail devices running CM12.1 so no one has come across it before.

Interestingly this issue is not present with CM13.

Guest suhridkhan

I guess I shall continue to use Remix. Your remix port is an awesome rom. It also feels faster than CM. Couple things I don't like about remix is that the options is settings menu are much less than stock android, and also I cannot change launcher. Not complaining though... both these roms are tons better than what came with my Hi10 Pro.

Unfortunately CM13 is not an option for me, as it doesn't support my HQ64 device.

4 hours ago, KonstaT said:

This only happens with some games AFAIK.

Yeah, something with CM12.1. Audio HALs are the same as stock but the av framework side is completely different of course. There's nothing interesting in the logs and this issue has been there always (first CM12.1 build I've done for Cherry Trail devices was 20160531 for iWork8 Ultimate and I can reproduce it there) so there's nothing I can bisect. Could be just some Android security patch or CAF commit that causes it for it for this platform. These are the only Cherry Trail devices running CM12.1 so no one has come across it before.

Interestingly this issue is not present with CM13.

Guest Hi12Guy

Anybody know how I can calibrate the Color Settings? Is there any Mod like Color Control and do Chuwi Kernel Support it? :)

Also I wonder if there is a way to get xposed worked (want youtube background playback), my last knowing is that it does not support our Intel Device any news?

Edited by Hi12Guy

Guest KonstaT
16 minutes ago, Hi12Guy said:

Anybody know how I can calibrate the Color Settings? Is there any Mod like Color Control and do Chuwi Kernel Support it? :)

Also I wonder if there is a way to get xposed worked (want youtube background playback), my last knowing is that it does not support our Intel Device any news?

Settings -> Display & lights -> LiveDisplay -> Color calibration

Xposed is reported working on these CyanogenMod builds. There's also a modified version of Xposed that's reported to work with stock Intel ROMs.

I can't support installations with third party apps/hacks/mods that are known to cause issues.

Guest Hi12Guy
3 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Xposed is reported working on these CyanogenMod builds. There's also a modified version of Xposed that's reported to work with stock Intel ROMs.

I can't support installations with third party apps/hacks/mods that are known to cause issues.

Okay! Thanks for fast answer! You are realy awesome guy!

If I not annoy you, do you know what Xposed Version I need to work with Hi12? X86 - SDK 22 or?

And I read that there are problems in this ROM with CM-Themes (Bootloop when apply) Is it still here or fixed? Greetings from Germany

Guest rodrimx4

How can i get a modified xposed for intel ?

Guest KonstaT
8 minutes ago, Hi12Guy said:

Okay! Thanks for fast answer! You are realy awesome guy!

If I not annoy you, do you know what Xposed Version I need to work with Hi12? X86 - SDK 22 or?

And I read that there are problems in this ROM with CM-Themes (Bootloop when apply) Is it still here or fixed? Greetings from Germany

x86, sdk22 for Android 5.1.

People have reported issues with themes that replace system fonts. You might want to untick that box when applying themes.

3 minutes ago, rodrimx4 said:

How can i get a modified xposed for intel ?

http://amiduos.com/support/knowledge-base/article/xposed-framework-support-in-amiduos

Guest Hi12Guy
19 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

x86, sdk22 for Android 5.1.

People have reported issues with themes that replace system fonts. You might want to untick that box when applying themes.

http://amiduos.com/support/knowledge-base/article/xposed-framework-support-in-amiduos

Thanks again! So I must flash this Amiduos Modified Xposed instead of original one? Did anybody try it? :)

Guest KonstaT
10 minutes ago, Hi12Guy said:

Thanks again! So I must flash this Amiduos Modified Xposed instead of original one? Did anybody try it? :)

Official Xposed for CyanogenMod builds. Modified one for Intel stock ROMs (Remix OS, stock Android).

Edited by KonstaT

Guest IgorSud

Hello. Than you. I was able to start Google on my Hi10Pro latest batch HQ64. I have another question: Does your ROM support SDXC cards or I must install some fix?

Guest KonstaT
36 minutes ago, IgorSud said:

I mean can I use extFAT  or need to reformat it to FAT32

CyanogenMod supports exFAT and NTFS filesystems. People have reported slowing down with exFAT sdcards if you have a lot of files stored on the card (fsck?). FAT32 still recommended where possible.

Guest zltnngy

Purely out of curiosity I built cm12.1 on my Chuwi Hibook itself. Chrooted from android into my USB Lubuntu 16.4 installation, synced sources and build the rom. There were a few problems like:

-the poky toolchain didn't work, replaced it with the one recommended on https://github.com/CM-CHT/cherrytrail_kernel_build

-I needed to  unset CLASSPATH env. variable (xposed set this I think)

-although I added 4 gigs of swap space, during linking webviewchromium, terminal emulator crashed because lmk killed it, so I set oom_adj of terminal emulator to -15. Third time of trying the linking finally succeeded.

Total build time was over 6 hours I think, I don't know the exact time as it crashed during the night. But hey it is a pretty nice thing to be able to build android with a cheap fanless machine.

Kernel build time is around 20 minutes.

Guest KonstaT
55 minutes ago, zltnngy said:

Purely out of curiosity I built cm12.1 on my Chuwi Hibook itself. Chrooted from android into my USB Lubuntu 16.4 installation, synced sources and build the rom. There were a few problems like:

-the poky toolchain didn't work, replaced it with the one recommended on https://github.com/CM-CHT/cherrytrail_kernel_build

-I needed to  unset CLASSPATH env. variable (xposed set this I think)

-although I added 4 gigs of swap space, during linking webviewchromium, terminal emulator crashed because lmk killed it, so I set oom_adj of terminal emulator to -15. Third time of trying the linking finally succeeded.

Total build time was over 6 hours I think, I don't know the exact time as it crashed during the night. But hey it is a pretty nice thing to be able to build android with a cheap fanless machine.

Kernel build time is around 20 minutes.

Wow, I'm not sure if that's stupid or genius. :P Well done!

I've heard people building CM on Atom netbooks and build time is well over 24h. I'm surprised it was anything less than that. Even my setup with (rather old) core i5 and 8gb of RAM struggles with building recent Android versions (clean build takes hour or two mostly depending on CCACHE hits).

Poky toolchain I've included in the manifest is exactly the same as linked in the kernel build env. Don't know what could be the problem with that. What error did you get?

Guest KonstaT
1 minute ago, benkores said:

Will USB wifi dongles that support Linux work or are the drivers for them not in the kernel? Mine works on Windows but not on the stock Android ROM and I really need to use mine on Android since the built in Wifi on the Hibook Pro sucks.

Hibook Pro uses the stock kernel (no kernel source available) so there's not going to be any difference to stock.