[DEV][ROM][28.1.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest FatFreddyDK

After having a hard time with these two vi10plus tablets i own, I think i maybe have found what wrong. At least it has made freezing almost dissapear, and that is from freezes every 15 min or so.

Firstly I have found that my Sd card were responsible for the most Freezes. Normally I would expect Sd card issues to be regarding

reading, writing or mounting. These things have not been a problem with the 2 standard 32gb class10 card i have used. I have formatted

them in the tablets and there have not been any issues. But i have found that removing them, almost elliminated the freezing problem.

Secondly I have had a conciderable amount of freezes i YouTube App. Often when shipping forward in a playing video. I tried to search the net for a people with similar problem a came across this thread on xda regarding nexus 10 owners with YouTube problems.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-10/help/youtube-reboots-freeze-issues-t3230922

I have then installed the YouTube App mentioned to work for them, 10.21.57 from apkmirror and I have observed some strange thing.

Occationally when jumping forward in a playing video, the picture freezes for maybe 1 sec or 2 but the audio plays on, but then the video plays normal again. Maybe this could be a situation where the tablet would freeze with the new app version? I have not yet experienced any freezes with the old version. I have not tested intensively but freezes would normally show quickly.

I have also enabled Gfx boost in bios.

Now i am running this fine rom provided by konsta t on both tablets, and I can safely say (after many many tests) that there is a huge difference in wifi speed on the tablets. Sitting in my kitchen one is constantly rocking at 30+ mbps and the other one is struggeling to reach 15 mbps. Maybe this

could be due to bad sondering or bad wires, maybe the isolation on wires are melted when soldered and therefor making a short. This is sten before in chinese tablets and tv sticks/boxer. I dont feel like opening to look for that, at least for now.

All in all tablets are working great now and i am happy. Untill next freeze that is.

I will post this in Chuwi forum too to se if this works for others with freezing problem, and i will post again if freezing comes back

EDIT. ok eventually the unavoidable happens. YouTube crashed. But still now going 3 days without crashes outside youtube. My optimism they can never take away :-)

Edited by FatFreddyDK
Update

Guest farakes

the issue is 100% related to wifi/bt (chip).

turn off wifi/bt -> there will be no freeze

turn on wifi/bt -> do some Network io and scan for bt devices -> freeze.

maybe the sdcard is also linked to the same pci-e lane(s) and that is the source of the issue.

Guest FatFreddyDK
1 hour ago, farakes said:

the issue is 100% related to wifi/bt (chip).

turn off wifi/bt -> there will be no freeze

turn on wifi/bt -> do some Network io and scan for bt devices -> freeze.

maybe the sdcard is also linked to the same pci-e lane(s) and that is the source of the issue.

Taking out sd card has made both my tablets go from hopeless freezing constant, to working flawless, with wifi on. May be wifi and sd are related i do not know. 

Hey risoterapia,

I am running the latest ROM by Konsta and I am still getting wake ups with my Hi10 Plus.
Did you change anything else in order to stop the "waking up" problem from happening??

Thanks

Guest risoterapia
12 minutes ago, mtdb said:

Hey risoterapia,

I am running the latest ROM by Konsta and I am still getting wake ups with my Hi10 Plus.
Did you change anything else in order to stop the "waking up" problem from happening??

Thanks

Nothing, i only flashed dirty the newest rom zip and now deep sleep is present. In fact, i can´t awake the tablet from keyboard as always, i have to press the power button to wake up screen. It´s strange

I see. That's very strange. I did a clean flash and the problem persists. Do you also have faster wifi speed in Android than Windows 10? My Windows 10 wifi speed is about 3 times slower.

Guest risoterapia
15 minutes ago, mtdb said:

I see. That's very strange. I did a clean flash and the problem persists. Do you also have faster wifi speed in Android than Windows 10? My Windows 10 wifi speed is about 3 times slower.

I think that range is better with this last ROM, but i have to do more tests.

KonstaT,

My Hi10 Plus freezes and restarts every time I am installing a new app while using Chrome. Any idea how to fix this? thank you!

Edited by mtdb

Guest KonstaT
16 hours ago, mtdb said:

KonstaT,

My Hi10 Plus freezes and restarts every time I am installing a new app while using Chrome. Any idea how to fix this? thank you!

Ask for Chuwi to release a firmware update. The 'freezing issue' has nothing to do with CyanogenMod - it's there with every Android firmware for this device.

I've heard there's Remix OS B2016092601 available for Hi10 Plus (which is exactly the same device as Vi10 Plus but with 64gb storage and 4gb RAM). Would be interesting to know if any of the known issues (freezing, keyboard dock wake, touchscreen accuracy) are fixed with it? Anyone got OTA or TWRP backup of the new firmware?

5 hours ago, god123456 said:

can i use this on hi10 dual os??

Not as is of course. I haven't looked into what hardware Hi10 has so no idea what kind of patch it might need. Most Cherry Trail devices should be doable if I just had the device...

I'm still looking for someone with Hi12 to do some testing, though.

Guest risoterapia
Still quiet well, that most worked. Only Windows button didn't, but the sensitivity is a Lil bit bad, if I press really short, system realizes 3 actions.

With last patch home button works perfectly for me. Recently arrived today and my hi10 pro has cm 12.1 working like a charm

Guest KonstaT

Here's a quick 'fix' for connecting with bluetooth low energy (BLE) devices. It's just prebuilt bluetooth binaries from stock firmware. Have to look into a proper solution to this instead as I'm not going to include these in possible future builds.

cm-12.1-chuwi_vi10plus-bluetooth-ble.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862677976
md5:cb6531dc98828e8091c8ad731d838e44

Edited by KonstaT

Guest risoterapia

This week i have flashed the rom in my new hi10 pro: ROM+patch+gapps. All was ok and tablet got deep sleep without problems with keyboard attached.

Yesterday i haved to flash again for a not ROM related problem and i realized that deep sleep was not present. I go to bed with 90% of battery and (in fly mode) after night battery level was 42%. Deep sleep didn´t worked (better battery stats app confirmed that).

Then i did i try. Dirty flash of the patch for hi10 pro. With the keyboard attached i tried to wake up the device with a lot of keys but doesn´t wake up at all. But with power button the tablet woke up. I got better battery stats again and deep sleeps in the meanwhile (10-20 minutes) was in 93%.

I don´t know if this is a way to get deep sleep or the reason that works. Maybe when we flashed (dirty method) a rom over the old one we changed anything.

People that deep sleep doesn´t work on his tablet with keyboard attached, please try this to confirm. Maybe it could be a solution for cm13 ROM too.

Edited by risoterapia

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, risoterapia said:

This week i have flashed the rom in my new hi10 pro: ROM+patch+gapps. All was ok and tablet got deep sleep without problems with keyboard attached.

Yesterday i haved to flash again for a not ROM related problem and i realized that deep sleep was not present. I go to bed with 90% of battery and (in fly mode) after night battery level was 42%. Deep sleep didn´t worked (better battery stats app confirmed that).

Then i did i try. Dirty flash of the patch for hi10 pro. With the keyboard attached i tried to wake up the device with a lot of keys but doesn´t wake up at all. But with power button the tablet woke up. I got better battery stats again and deep sleeps in the meanwhile (10-20 minutes) was in 93%.

I don´t know if this is a way to get deep sleep or the reason that works. Maybe when we flashed (dirty method) a rom over the old one we changed anything.

People that deep sleep doesn´t work on his tablet with keyboard attached, please try this to confirm. Maybe it could be a solution for cm13 ROM too.

So did I get this right? ROM + Hi10Pro patch -> works, ROM without Hi10Pro patch(?!) -> doesn't work, ROM + Hi10Pro patch -> works? That would indicate a problem with the original Vi10 Plus kernel (that is included in the main ROM package) and it being fixed with the Hi10 Pro kernel (that is included in the Hi10 Pro patch).

'Dirty flashing' the patch (or the ROM) a dozen times makes no difference whatsoever. You need to flash the patch once every time after flashing the ROM zip and that's it.

Device still enters deep sleep mode even with the 'keyboard dock wake issue'. It just wakes up by itself every once a while. If you've closed the lid (there's a magnetic lid sensor), display doesn't power on even when the device wakes up. This reduces the battery drain but doesn't 'fix' the issue itself of course.

CM13 suffers from a device suspend issue at the moment and it never enters deep sleep mode. Keyboard wake is not a problem there right now because it's broken in a different way.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest risoterapia
21 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

So did I get this right? ROM + Hi10Pro patch -> works, ROM + no Hi10Pro patch(?!) -> doesn't work, ROM + Hi10Pro patch -> works? That would indicate a problem with the original Vi10 Plus kernel (that is included in the main ROM package) and it being fixed with the Hi10 Pro kernel (that is included in the Hi10 Pro patch).

'Dirty flashing' the patch a dozen times makes no difference whatsoever. You need to flash it once every time after flashing the ROM zip and that's it.

Device still enters deep sleep mode even with the 'keyboard dock wake issue'. It just wakes up by itself every once a while. If you've closed the lid (there's a magnetic lid sensor), display doesn't power on even when the device wakes up. This reduces the battery drain but doesn't 'fix' the issue itself of course.

Yesterday i did clean install: ROM+HI10pro patch+pico gapps (all together adding zips from twrp) -> doesn´t work.

Today i did dirty install: only flashed hi10 pro from twpr (no ROM, no gapps) -> it works. When i did this dirty flash keyboard was not atacched. Then i attached and after 10-20 minutes i tried to wake up with keys and didn´t response at all --> deep sleep worked!

I don´t understand what you say about lid. Close the lid? How? 

Edited by risoterapia

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, risoterapia said:

Yesterday i did clean install: ROM+HI10pro patch+pico gapps (all together adding zips from twrp) -> doesn´t work.

Today i did dirty install: only flashed hi10 pro from twpr (no ROM, no gapps) -> it works. When i did this dirty flash keyboard was not atacched. Then i attached and after 10-20 minutes i tried to wake up with keys and didn´t response at all --> deep sleep worked!

I don´t understand what you say about lid. Close the lid? How? 

That makes no difference whatsoever. Reboot would have done same (which is also usually recommeded in case of some random glitch).

I'm not sure you fully understand what deep sleep means in Android or there's some other things getting lost in translation, too. When I'm talking about 'keyboard dock wake issue' I mean that device's display turns on every 30 seconds or so when the device is connected to the keyboard dock. In addition to being extremely annoying, this also causes battery drain.

I mean close down device and keyboard together. There's a magnet in the keyboard and a sensor in the device. Display turns on/off when you open/close the lid.

root@chuwi_vi10plus:/ # cat /proc/acpi/button/lid/LID0/state    
state:      open
state:      closed

Edited by KonstaT

Guest risoterapia
17 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

That makes no difference whatsoever. Reboot would have done same (which is also usually recommeded in case of some random glitch).

I'm not sure you fully understand what deep sleep means in Android or there's some other things getting lost in translation, too. When I'm talking about 'keyboard dock wake issue' I mean that device's display turns on every 30 seconds or so when the device is connected to the keyboard dock. In addition to being extremely annoying, this also causes battery drain.

I mean close down device and keyboard together. There's a magnet in the keyboard and a sensor in the device.

state:      open
state:      closed

Keyboard dock wake issue never happens to me. When i had hi10 plus with remix i had that problem: every 30 seconds or 1 minute devices turns on when connected to the keyboard (i have a video recorded) but never happened with cm rom.

When i say deep sleep i refer the better battery stats that indicates that tablet goes to "deep sleep" condition even with keyboard (or not) plugged in.

Second question

If i check the state what i have to obtain for a better result?

Edited by risoterapia

Guest KonstaT
22 minutes ago, risoterapia said:

Keyboard dock wake issue never happens to me. When i had hi10 plus with remix i had that problem: every 30 seconds or 1 minute devices turns on when connected to the keyboard (i have a video recorded) but never happened with cm rom.

When i say deep sleep i refer the better battery stats that indicates that tablet goes to "deep sleep" condition even with keyboard (or not) plugged in.

Second question

If i check the state what i have to obtain for a better result?

I'm not sure what Better Battery Stats reports as deep sleep. I normally use CPU Spy.

Yes, device enters deep sleep with the keyboard dock attached or not - that is not the issue.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest risoterapia

I mean close down device and keyboard together. There's a magnet in the keyboard and a sensor in the device. Display turns on/off when you open/close the lid.

root@chuwi_vi10plus:/ # cat /proc/acpi/button/lid/LID0/state    state:      openroot@chuwi_vi10plus:/ # cat /proc/acpi/button/lid/LID0/state                   state:      closed

How can I get the state on terminal?

Guest KonstaT
16 minutes ago, risoterapia said:

How can I get the state on terminal?

cat /proc/acpi/button/lid/LID0/state

Use 'adb shell' because you can't use the device of course if you've closed the lid (unless you try to find the sensor location with a refrigerator magnet or something).

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Locutus Of Borg

Hi, I miss read and flashed my Hi10 with the above not realising it is for pro version.

The issues so far I can see, is that:

• Touchscreen does not function (nor the capacitive button)
  • Wifi and Bluetooth does not function (can't turn it on, gets stuck)
  • Orientation is 90 degrees out (I noticed this is the case in the BIOS too on my device, like the default is portrait?), I mean it wants to be portrait when I have landscape and vice versa.

I haven't tested anything else, but the sound seemed to work and I was able to use the camera , but could not test fully these things

I understand KonstaT doesn't have this device, but could the drivers be extracted from a rom on chuwi and them put into a patch or is there more to it that that? 

Here is a link to what I believe is the android firmware, http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1627&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D1&page=1

Really what I am after is  any android rom that can be flashed via recovery and works!

This is because all the official roms on chuwi need flashing through windows, the issue with this is that I cannot flash it this way as it says the partition size is too small! (I think I may have a slightly different rom pre reinstalled)...Yes I could try to set it back to factory by flashing everything including the repartitioning for the new rom, I would lose windows, and I am not even sure it will work, since the partition sizes are already different, what else is?

My Serial Number starts with Q64G4215110 

Is anyone else having issues like these or have found a solution?

Thanks!

Edited by Locutus Of Borg

Guest KonstaT
19 minutes ago, Locutus Of Borg said:

I understand KonstaT doesn't have this device, but could the drivers be extracted from a rom on chuwi and them put into a patch or is there more to it that that? 

There's a lot more than that especially if the device has different wifi/bluetooth hardware. I'd expect audio, camera, etc being broken, too. Basically you just described something that boots but practically everything else is broken.

Edited by KonstaT

Hello KonstaT.

I have a small problem: when I insert the SD-card 128GB formatted exFat, the device wakes up for a long time, sometimes up to 5-6 seconds.

Not critical, but if you can do something - I will be very grateful.

Edited by AKSU78

Guest KonstaT

Some good news for a change!

https://twitter.com/konstatuomio/status/798515915319033856

Jide Technology (company developing Remix OS) has released Linux kernel source code for Chuwi Vi10 Plus. I requested it last thursday and it was released today. :D Jide sets great example how companies should manage their open source obligations (unlike e.g. Huawei who took dozens of emails and 11 months to finally release kernel source for my Y5 last week). 
https://github.com/JideTechnology/remixos-kernel/tree/jide_chuwi_vi10_plus_r51

20 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Some good news for a change!

https://twitter.com/konstatuomio/status/798515915319033856

Jide Technology (company developing Remix OS) has released Linux kernel source code for Chuwi Vi10 Plus. I requested it last thursday and it was released today. :D Jide sets great example how companies should manage their open source obligations (unlike e.g. Huawei who took dozens of emails and 11 months to finally release kernel source for my Y5 last week). 
https://github.com/JideTechnology/remixos-kernel/tree/jide_chuwi_vi10_plus_r51

Great news. Well done KonstaT.

Is audio via HDMI working now? That's the one thing I need to switch to this ROM.