SPV Invaders goes to V1.4 - 20th September 2004

Guest muff

Guest muff
Ive installed the latest version but how do I get to play in cellophane mode... ??? with the coloured invaders ????

the 'cellophane' mode is the only mode in the latest version (previous versions had white invaders all the way to the bottom of the screen). cellophane mode in the original it is what gives the red spaceship at the top, and green bases + invaders at the bottom

the fullscreen coloured invaders is in Space Invaders 2, where each row has it's own colour

Guest Deemon

ahh sorry....i remember the coffee table version had like different coloured strips over the screen to colour the invaders...half red half blue invaders... :-)

np just misunderstood....

Guest kingbing

Just to let you guys know - we've moved offices and they've got a proper Space Invaders arcade machine here. 10p a pop. It's great!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ilanou33
UPDATE V1.2 now

Some comparatively small changes, but I felt the memory improvement was a good enough reason for the new version

V1.1

Well I found a sound bug that I considered important enough to update the version numbers - if you lost your last life whilst the mothership was on screen, the mothership sound kept looping - doh!

Whilst I was digging in the code, I took time to review some comments about smoothness of play that were made on a French site (or lack thereof), so I've reworked some stuff - and lo, things now run smoother (pretty solid 60fps)

A big thanks to all for the support + patience in getting to this version.

HISTORY

-------

F - fixed

+ - added

V1.2 - 22nd June 2003

F - made volume controls more responsive

F - registry saves are now going where they should

F - tiny fix to exit code so that top bar is not corrupt on exit

F - improved memory handling having found a bug when doing SPVMan

V1.1 - 19th June 2003

F - mothership was not resetting when you lost your last life when on screen - sound + position

F - a comment on a french site made me review the smoothness of play - and so I have improved it - merci mon ami

F - missiles hitting bombs no longer make a sound - ala arcade - well spotted adrianfox

+ - various code simplifications (some that were real occasions to shout doh!)

V1.0 - 18th June 2003

+ - cellophane mode - this replicates the coloured plastic strips that ran across the screen to give the illusion that the graphics weren't just black and white

+ - mothership sound now loops properly - thanks to gersen for clearing that up

+ - extra life at 1500

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest billythefish

Muff, when I try to install it on my E200 I get a message saying "error, there is no application with SPVInvaders_1_, run the application first and then open this file inside the application"??

erm, not sure

have u installed the files from the zip's on the first post? or someone else's cab files??? if you follow the instructions in the zip it should work

and make sure u have the latest version obviously

I've had reports from other e200 owners that both SPVInvaders and SPVMan run perfectly fine

all I can suggest is turning the phone off, then on again - not very scientific, but sometimes it clears things up

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this is easiest done from windows

browse to the folder where u put the exe, right click and select 'create shortcut'

then right click on the shortcut, and select 'cut'

then navigate to the folder u want the shortcut in (normally "Storage CardGames") and right click again, and select 'paste'

job done :lol:

Guest Disco Stu

Surely the shortcut shpuld be in IPSM/Windows/Start Menu/Games folder on SPV/E100 (SP202) and Storage/Windows/Start Menu/Games on the E200 (SP2003) :!:

Guest PetePrice

when i right click on the exe and select shortcut i get an error. but i ahev ordered myself the e200 so i will have another go on this next week.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
How do I install :?:

Copy the cab file into your phones start menu (/IPSM/Windows/Start Menu), then you can run it from the Programs menu to install. Not the most intuative method I'm afraid.

Paul, the admin of the site, has written a tool called SmartRun that does this automatically, it's worth checking out.

• 2 weeks later...